Immortal University 71 - Huayna Capac

Habitus

Emperor
Greetings, Immortals and would-be Immortals (and indeed any other players of any level), and welcome to the Immortal University.

Here is our Leader:

Here's the opening scene:

First map rolled with the following settings:

Have fun all

Attachments

• IU 71 Huayna Capac BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    28.6 KB · Views: 151
Seem to be rolling alot of fishing starts as first map lately hmmm

I seem to be unable to start this save with BUG. :(
When trying to load the save,
I get prompted "This saves requires the following mod to be loaded: NONE", "Please Restart."
Is there some easy way to resolve this?

HC games will only start if you add...
5 million Deity HoF Buffy Marathon gold mine wuwu

I get prompted "This saves requires the following mod to be loaded: NONE", "Please Restart."

I'll make a worldbuilder save when I get a chance so you can start with mods

I'm not a regular immortal player, but I tried it. I don't really like how it's going.

Spoiler :

First, your neighbors all suck. When GK popped so close and I had Cu in BFC, I axe rushed him (after stealing a worker). That went OK, but after taking his 2 cities my economy was ... not good. I turtled to Alpha and then built Currency to get back in it.

I'm pals with Shaka & ZY and my next move is to take out Sury with Elephants (soon).

Justinian has 11 cities :eek:

Save work fine for me. Sounds like you have BUG installed as stand-alone. Install BUG/BULL in as "single-player", which put it in you custom asset folder.

You may as well Quechua rush. Given the start, what else are you going to build first?

The Incans don't start with fishing, you know.

Spoiler :

So I put my quechua rush technique to the test:
Since we don't have fishing I decide to go for a wander with the settler. Settle on turn 4 on marble hill right outside Karakorum :)

Waited for Genghis to farm the rice, floodplain and camp the elephant. Declared with 6 quechuas, tooke his worker, and Genghis is history in 3080BC. Built Stonehenge without really trying while waiting for masonry, then Oracled for Alphabet, getting worker techs from trade.

1800BC save, bronze settled, a settler is one step away from the ridiculous corn/double gem spot, and another settler will be chopped out to get the original capital spot.
Monty is unhappy since I took out his friend, but a few bribes and some axes should be sufficient. I think game is already won.

Attachments

• rush.jpg
    rush.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IU 71 Huayna Capac BC-1800.CivBeyondSwordSave
    80.3 KB · Views: 41
Save work fine for me. Sounds like you have BUG installed as stand-alone. Install BUG/BULL in as "single-player", which put it in you custom asset folder.

I had it installed in single-player, I installed the multiplayer version too however...
Tried to uninstall now, but it doesn't seem to help.

No matter. I solved it by loading the save in plain Civ4. Making a worldbuilder save, then opening it up in bug. ;)

I'm not a regular immortal player, but I tried it. I don't really like how it's going.

Spoiler :
Since HC is Financial and the capital has lots of food resources, it would have been better for your economy to have cottaged the flood plains rather than farming them.

Spoiler :
So i decided to settle in place and teched to BW while farming the corn and making a single worker at 3 pop. Bronze in capital!! ;) After that I chopped out 8 Quecha's and killed off the Mongolians with only losing a single Quecha while picking up 2 workers. I then made one more worker at home and a settler to found a crap city next to stone for the Mids. I followed meditation/priesthood/writing and chopped out the Oracle in Karokum(sp?) and took Alpha. Traded for little filler techs and researched Masonry myself with help of building research. All I have for research right now is a Library in capital, 2 scientist, working some crabs at home, and building research. Im at Zero slider and +6 gpt.

Chopped out the Mids in Karokum in the 1200BC range while chopping a few Ax to compliment my quecha's to take a barb city close to home. Additionally I made 2 more Settlers and founded two more cities. Researching Asthetics (5 turns left) with 7 total cities at 850 BC (took barb city), running Representation and 4 total scientist, and a settled GS at home. I'm first place in score with 506 points, Shaka at 499.

My 2nd GPerson will be finished from Karakorum in 14 turns and my slider is at Zero with negative 5gpt (115 in bank). Capital is at 22.5 bpt at zero and my Empire is pulling in 41 bpt (at zero, 90 at max). My crappy gold/elephant city, that I actually settled on one of the two golds will grow to 2 pop in 3 turns and work a farmed fp and 1 mine (+9g) which will solve money problems and as I begin to make cottages I'll be turning up my slider more and more.

I could have teched towards Currency but Karakorum borders are popping in a few turns and since I have Stone/Marble and Industrious I'm just gonna wonder it up and settle. GL will be done really early too. Anyways, the game is pretty much over at this point imo. HC is an abusive beast ;)

Spoiler :
This map was too easy with Copper in the BFC along with so many forested hills, Corn and seafood! I wiped out both Mongolia and Khmer with Quecha + Axe rushes and stopped there. I didnt bother researching any wonder techs, after that I was heading straight toward Construction and War Elephants, but it was to easy so I stopped.

Till end

Spoiler :

In the first couple of turns it`s quite clear that we`ll need to war a lot. But since I like playing sub-optimal on immortal... I went for a peacefull game. Tech speed will be slow since everyone will be warring, so I just automated my non-capital cities and whipped whenever possible untill 200AD or something. Let`s at least give the AI a chance. :lol: Victory condition diplo, with back-up culture.

Didn`t really record the early game as I was just building wonders and keeping an eye on diplo.

Tech path: Mining, BW, Masonry, meditation, priest, writing, alph(oracle) and then trade alp around for worker techs.

Anyway the game-plan was pretty simple. Spam wonders and keep the neighbours happy. After Oracle->Alph, I traded alph or writing to distant AI`s and gifted writing/alph to Shaka/Sur/Zara/Monte. Untill worst enemies become clear I`ll want +4 trades at all times.

Monte dowed Zara, Genghis dowed Sur.. Since Genghis & Shaka were Budhist, I bribed shaka into dowing Zara and declared as well. Game set and match! :lol:

Only got 3 other cities out, 2 sharing food with cap. I delayed lib till 1210AD and picked Democracy. I don`t have enough cities for Oxford so... put Moai/NE in cap. After democracy I beelined mass media.

Diplo is a pita as I don`t want Shaka to get too big. For UN, I want to be up against Justi. Friendly with Monte/Shaka/Genghis.

Tech situation @ +-1500AD

Built UN, but I don`t have enough votes by a small margin (have 391, need 417). But no worries, the culture back-up plan is in the works.

1806AD, city overview.

Sur vassaled to Just, Zara to Shaka.

5 turns later. Cult vict. :mischief:

All warlike AI`s makes the game a bit too easy, techspeed zero.

Till end

Spoiler :

In the first couple of turns it`s quite clear that we`ll need to war a lot. But since I like playing sub-optimal on immortal... I went for a peacefull game. Tech speed will be slow since everyone will be warring, so I just automated my non-capital cities and whipped whenever possible untill 200AD or something. Let`s at least give the AI a chance. :lol: Victory condition diplo, with back-up culture.

Didn`t really record the early game as I was just building wonders and keeping an eye on diplo.

Tech path: Mining, BW, Masonry, meditation, priest, writing, alph(oracle) and then trade alp around for worker techs.

Anyway the game-plan was pretty simple. Spam wonders and keep the neighbours happy. After Oracle->Alph, I traded alph or writing to distant AI`s and gifted writing/alph to Shaka/Sur/Zara/Monte. Untill worst enemies become clear I`ll want +4 trades at all times.

Monte dowed Zara, Genghis dowed Sur.. Since Genghis & Shaka were Budhist, I bribed shaka into dowing Zara and declared as well. Game set and match! :lol:

Only got 3 other cities out, 2 sharing food with cap. I delayed lib till 1210AD and picked Democracy. I don`t have enough cities for Oxford so... put Moai/NE in cap. After democracy I beelined mass media.

Diplo is a pita as I don`t want Shaka to get too big. For UN, I want to be up against Justi. Friendly with Monte/Shaka/Genghis.

Tech situation @ +-1500AD

Built UN, but I don`t have enough votes by a small margin (have 391, need 417). But no worries, the culture back-up plan is in the works.

1806AD, city overview.

Sur vassaled to Just, Zara to Shaka.

5 turns later. Cult vict. :mischief:

All warlike AI`s makes the game a bit too easy, techspeed zero.

Nice job making a peacefull path work!
I tried something similar, but I got dowed by the gentleman to the south with the mustashe.
Also, I got boxed in pretty heavily.

I'm returning to finish the Victoria game, but once that is done, I'll try a more warlike aproach in this game.

Not much of a spoiler since we know it at turn 0, but be very careful of the toroidal maintenance, which is much higher than you'd otherwise see (stupid way of doing the maintenance mechanic IMO, but it's there). Things you could get away with on cylindrical or especially flat aren't so easy with the toroidal wrap.

4000 BC to 325 AD
Spoiler :

Found Monty, Shaka and Genghis nearby - wonder if these were hand picked? I went worker first and teched mining>BW>Wheel>Fishing>Writing (I think). Quechua rushed Genghis - first I did a worker steal around 3500 BC (killed an archer on the worker). Got peace a little bit later since he had about 7 or 8 archers in his 1 city. Let him settle 2 more cities then declared again - making sure he didn't hook up copper. Finished him off in 875 BC. Sury declared on me and took a city - i got it back and managed to hold him off. Got peace in 175 BC soon after Monty declared on me. Shaka is also plotting on me. This will definitely be the first game I've won where I fight Monty, Shaka, Genghis and Sury in the BCs. All while getting Stonehenge/Parthenon/Great Library on the way to Lib - HC is probably the only leader that can pull this off here.

325 AD - 1090 AD
Spoiler :

Start getting Catapults and War Elephants which allows me to really do damage to Shaka - first city was taken with just Axes. Zara peace vassals to me while I'm at war with Shaka. Sury declares on me when all my units are far into Shaka land - AP vote comes up right away and saves me. Thanks Justinian. Funny how Sury also voted yes the turn after he declares??? I capitulate Shaka in 1040 and win lib (nationalism) in 1090. Will go for Cuirs/Cavs against Sury.

1090 AD - 1635 Conquest
Spoiler :

Use Music GA for golden age during research of lib - switch to Judaism and Theocracy to get Justinian to Friendly. Built Taj and used 2 GP golden age afterwards. Tech rate is high now so I wait until Cavs to declare on Sury. No one is close to Rifling so Cavs should be enough.

Capitulate Sury and Monty - Monty has 1 island city and I give all Sury's cities back. Give Sury, Shaka and Zara Rifling and declare on Justinian. He has Rifling so I went for infantry - ended up not really needed them since I had enough Cavs to get through the Rifles.

Top Bottom