Immortal University 71 - Huayna Capac

I tried this on Monarch, and strangely, i did like 6 or 7 monarchs games so far and this one with HC was my hardest xD

Spoiler :

First i wanted to quechua rush, but im not use to doing that at all, so i failed. I conquered Gengis but then i started to be damn slow on expansion.

So I was like wow wtf im so late! I started to chop tons of settlers and finally, i got over expanded.

Took budhism to have Sury Shaka and Justinian on my side. Unfortunately it didnt work at all with SHaka, who DoWed me. I bribed Monty in, and whipped tons of archers-axes-spears (Shaka had lots of HA), and managed to survive without losing any city. However, the war lasted really long and slowed me down a bit.

Finally made peace when i started to get longbows. After that, i just built infrastructure in all my empire and targetted Lib -> Military Tradition for a cuirrasiers rush.
But as i said, i was slow, so even by the time i had my cuirrasiers everyone had already pikemen.
(btw Shaka attacked me once again right after making peace with Monty; but i finished the war before it even started, by voting the AP resolution of stopping war xD AP was mine, btw Cuzco was a wonder city, and all my GP were settled in it).

So, first cuirrasiers attack: against Shaka, at like 1200AD :/ not so great but oh well :/
Shaka was trying to resist so much that he wanted to capitulate when he had only 1 city left; so i totally conquered his land and as a result decided to target domination victory (i wanted conquest at first).

I then attacked Zara; but the turn before i attacked he vassaled Monty :/
This war against them both was just a pain; i finally reduced Monty to 2 cities (he refused to be my vassal) and took Zara as my vassal. That finished at like 1550AD.

During all this time i made Sury attack Justinian, who's been a monster in tech and land: he had 15 cities and had twice my army size, plus he was at tech parity with me.

When i finally was ready to attack Sury, mistake on my part, i didnt make his war end... So he became Justinian's vassal.

Sury was slow in tech and had almost no army left since his war against Justinian had weakened (is this word correct?) him a lot. So i took almost all his cities before having to face Justinian's stack.

At this point i had only Cavalries against rifles-grenadiers-cataphracts-canons from Justinian. I tried to resist, but he just wiped out my army and eventhough i had way more cities than him, i didnt feel like facing him, he's really been a beast.

So i just ended the war and waited for the domination win, by putting my culture slider to 100% for some turns.

I got the domi win at 1675.

I think i still did good in this game, but i could have done way better especially with HC and with a start like that; but my strange expansion after the quechua rush, and mostly my neighbours (Shaka, Zara and Justinian) made it hard xD

@ Burn
Spoiler :

I liked your game and have been trying to run a similar iteration.

Couple questions for you:
1) Did you skip Stonehenge and make great wall as your first wonder?
2) Is that great spy your first GP, or did you get another spy which you used for infiltration?
3) Which marble wonders did you make, and did you ever get your hands on marble?
4) Without marble, did you head down the music line after Alpha, or hit things like currency, CoL and Philo?

Edit: 5) Which came first, rice or stone city?

@ Burn
Spoiler :

I liked your game and have been trying to run a similar iteration.

Couple questions for you:
1) Did you skip Stonehenge and make great wall as your first wonder?
2) Is that great spy your first GP, or did you get another spy which you used for infiltration?
3) Which marble wonders did you make, and did you ever get your hands on marble?
4) Without marble, did you head down the music line after Alpha, or hit things like currency, CoL and Philo?

Edit: 5) Which came first, rice or stone city?

Spoiler :

It`s been a little while since I played the game (and I play many :lol:) but I`ll do my best to recall.

1) I went sh, gw, oracle, mids, glh, hg, tgl. I don`t remember the exact order of the other ones. I think I basically got pretty much everything except parthenon (for some reason shaka actually had Aest before me), Paya, Hagia & AP. I`m not sure if I got Toa, I don`t think I did. I really dislike getting spies so I`d always prefer to get SH before GW.

2. I didn`t get many spies, the ones I got I just settled for the beakers. Or used them on golden age.

3. Built mausoleum, tgl, sistine, ne. I actually did get marble all the way south by culture pressure from the capital & city at the gems.

4. I went the music path regardless of marble. The marble came in the borders while I was heading for music. The research/building of the AI was slow, so I had enough time to build the wonders before trading techs. After music I self teched phil. Currency was of lesser importance since I only had 4 cities and none of them had a cottage.

5. The stone city. The rice city was actually very crappy at the start since shaka`s culture was already pretty strong when I settled there.

Hope this answers your questions & gl with your game~

Top Bottom