U.S. Payrolls Jump 243,000

Godwynn

March to the Sea
Employment climbed more than forecast in January and the U.S. jobless rate unexpectedly fell to the lowest in three years, casting doubt on whether the Federal Reserve can wait until 2014 before raising interest rates.

The 243,000 increase in payrolls was the most since April and exceeded all forecasts in a Bloomberg News survey, Labor Department figures showed in Washington. The unemployment rate dropped to 8.3 percent, the lowest since February 2009.

Bloomberg

Have we finally reached escape velocity for the jobs crisis?

Better. But we're probably 4-5 years out from a normal job market still. There are no factors in sight that would speed that up. Housing still hasn't hit bottom. Congress still sees partisanship as more important than the economy. Europe is not solving its problems. Oil is still too expensive, and no end in sight. Consumers still don't have enough money to spend.

DAMN YOU GODWYNN

I don't know if we have or not, but this prob hurts Obama politically. IF only Europe wasn't holding us back brah.

Obama will be blamed for preventing the creation of more jobs.

Ending the stimulus and providing tax cuts had nothing to do with this :mischief:

Bloomberg

Have we finally reached escape velocity for the jobs crisis?
243,000 new jobs is the good news! Hurray!

The bad news...
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/recor...month-labor-force-participation-rate-tumbles-
Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low
63.7% of the population is in the labor force now... per 1st link.

So why did 1200000 people stop working last month? What are they doing now? Are housewives that in?
Obama asked the BLS for some reelection support. :goodjob:

DAMN YOU GODWYNN

I don't know if we have or not, but this prob hurts Obama politically. IF only Europe wasn't holding us back brah.

I don't understand how this news would hurt any American politician politically. Usually they scramble to claim to be the source of the improvements.

What will be amusing if we go from----no man is in control of the economy (as in a president doesn't command the economy) to rhetoric of "I Did It, I FIXED the economy". cue Rapper come on stage "Imma gonna let you finish, because this is your moment, but really FDR had biggest fix for economy of all times!".

Oh god not this again...

An increase in payrolls means NET jobs creation. I.e. more people found jobs than lost jobs. I.e. if you count all the people on every payroll in the country, there are 243,000 more people than last month. That's net job creation, it means that businesses are hiring more people than they are firing, and it's a good piece of news about the economy.

1.2m people not looking for work anymore is a bad thing. But net job creation is a good thing. As Kochman said, this is mixed news, not bad news.

I don't understand how this news would hurt any American politician politically. Usually they scramble to claim to be the source of the improvements.

What will be amusing if we go from----no man is in control of the economy (as in a president doesn't command the economy) to rhetoric of "I Did It, I FIXED the economy". cue Rapper come on stage "Imma gonna let you finish, because this is your moment, but really FDR had biggest fix for economy of all times!".

Don't give Kanye any ideas. He might want to get back at Obama for what O said about him :lol:

Top Bottom