Don't Trust Fox News About Denmark

I believe the law will actually only prevent overseas purchases of houses. Foreigners who are resident in New Zealand will be able to buy property. If you were to actually move there you’d be fine.

The way it was reported, the story initially shocked me, but it’s meant to tackle non-residents from pricing out the locals by buying up property either speculatively or as holiday homes. It’s nothing to do with immigration, as far as I can tell.

yes
New Zealand is in no need to get a real estate boom driven by foreign purchasing of houses, but making the current house stock less available for domestic demand and on the long term less affordable structurally for main stream earners becauses their incomes will not go up as fast over time as the price of real estate.
Real estate going up faster than wages is one of the prime drivers of inequality, generating extraction potential for the rich and big investors.
No need to import that US mechanism into New Zealand.

yes
New Zealand is in no need to get a real estate boom driven by foreign purchasing of houses, but making the current house stock less available for domestic demand and on the long term less affordable structurally for main stream earners becauses their incomes will not go up as fast over time as the price of real estate.
Real estate going up faster than wages is one of the prime drivers of inequality, generating extraction potential for the rich and big investors.
No need to import that US mechanism into New Zealand.

Yep, it’s the same story in London. Property gets bought by foreign investors as buy-to-let, and then all that money goes to one of our wonderful offshore tax havens.

Total wealth in real estate and the dynamic effects is both underrated in the public perception
stocks are more sexy

The more important implication, however, is for inequality. To some degree, housing acts as an equalizer between the rich and the middle-class, since the latter puts more of its wealth into real estate by virtue of buying homes. But many big landlords are very rich. And homeownership is a way that the middle class and upper-middle class pull away from the working class and poor, a larger portion of which can't afford to buy and must rent. The ownership disparity is also responsible for a big share of the racial wealth gap. As economist Matt Rognlie has found, the return to land is responsible for the lion’s share of the increase in wealth inequality documented by French economist Thomas Piketty.

https://www.wealthmanagement.com/real-estate/real-estate-underrated-source-wealth

Last edited by a moderator:
CNN sometimes lied 30 years ago. Fox has been lying consistently for at least 20 years.

CNN sometimes lied 30 years ago. Fox has been lying consistently for at least 20 years.
Just for the record I dont watch regulary either. I may come across any of the MSM presented to me by a third party and I do like some of the snippets from Carlson and Hanity plus some others on Fox but if the rest of Fox is a junk like in the OP then all I can say one has to discern and judge Fox in segments. The same likely goes for CNN and others only I am not presently aware of anything likeable by these with the exception of weather info.

Moderator Action: Video spam deleted. ~ Arakhor
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

You consider Hannity to be your saving grace when considering the value of Fox News?

You consider Hannity to be your saving grace when considering the value of Fox News?
Carlson's actually worse. He's leading the odds for "First Fox News Employee to Say the 14 Words Verbatim on a Live Broadcast".

Like I said there is no corporate network which can at present stand the test of true and professional journalism.

Carlson's actually worse. He's leading the odds for "First Fox News Employee to Say the 14 Words Verbatim on a Live Broadcast".

Counterpoint: Laura Ingraham.

I'm an ocean away. Why do I even know those people ? What am I doing with my life ?

I'm an ocean away. Why do I even know those people ? What am I doing with my life ?
Because you don't want to be as illiterate as the imbeciles who vote for Donald Trump?

Not only that but when CNN occasionaly lies its for everyones good...

> Ignore points
> Reply crap to strawman you yourself brought up

Yea I should totally take any posts you male seriously.

Moderator Action: Please do not quote mod text. --LM

They all do. It's like that woman on Twitter who wrote a piece about snooty liberal elites looking down on working folks, and then soon after derisively referred to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as a "bartender from Queens," as if that somehow disqualifies her from holding public office.

Whatever the right shouts loudest about, you can be guaranteed it is stuff they are projecting. "Elitism" is one of the biggest. That's not to say there aren't disgustingly elitist and hypocritical Democrats, because there are. But the right trying to paint that as just a problem on the left is about as hypocritical and disingenuous as it gets.

But the right trying to paint that as just a problem on the left is about as hypocritical and disingenuous as it gets.

I mean literally the basic right-wing political proposition is: "some people are intrinsically superior to others and attempting to make everyone equal is a waste of time because of this"

Top Bottom