EU10 - Realistic & balanced Europe Scenario

Sojuz

Chieftain
Hello all. I had already published some Europe map but i continued improving it! In fact i love playing Europe, the only reason i am actually Civving this much. If you do love europe like me, then you absolutely need to try out this map! It looks ultra-realistic i swear to you ;). This is based on Civ4 original Europe Map.

Download link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18712

Information:
- Capitals are already done.
- Few civilizations could not be placed in their original spot for sake of game balance (especially needed to balance Russia).
- Barb cities present.
- Permanent alliances activated.
- Whole Mediterranean, Black Sea, Caspian Sea, Norther Sea and Baltic Sea are crossable by early naval units because they're made of coast tiles.
- All civilizations have potential access to all strategic military resources, like iron, oil and uranium.

Civilizations (name, leader, locality):
- Russians, Catherine, Moscow.
- Mongols, Gengis Khan, Astrakh'an.
- Vikings, Ragnar, Saint Petersburg.
- Dutch, Willem van Oranje, Stockholm.
- Germans, Frederick, Berlin.
- Holy Roman Empire, Charlemagne, Warsaw.
- Celts, Boudica, Kiev.
- Byzantines, Justinian I, Istanbul.
- Greeks, Pericles, Athens.
- Ottomans, Suleiman, near by Aleppo, on the river Euphrates.
- Egyptians, Hatshepsut, Cairo.
- Carthaginians, Hannibal, Tunis.
- Romans, Julius Caesar, Rome.
- Spaniards, Isabel, Madrid.
- Portuguese, Joao II, Lisbon.
- French, Luis XVI, Paris.
- English, Elizabeth, London.
- Sumerians, Gilgamesh, Baghdad.

I believe the map is fine and pretty balanced however perfection is hard to reach and i'll continue working on it!

Oh here's Norther Italy, my homeland, just because "the eye wants his part".

Ergh... permanent alliances? Couldn't you let us download a version without? I'd play it if you did.

Also, why is there rice in Italy?

You actually should be able to launch the map without permanent alliances, just click the box in the options list, of course just don't launch the scenario, launch it with advanced settings... For what regards rice, it really doesn't matter that much. I think i added that rice because i saw a lot of rice camps while going to Turin from the highway, so hay why not give them rice, argh it's 4000 BC hehe. Also oil, uranium, iron and many other resourch are not "realistic". This because there's need to have a balanced game.

Ergh... permanent alliances? Couldn't you let us download a version without? I'd play it if you did.

Also, why is there rice in Italy?

You can turn off permanant alliances by going into the worldbuildersave with notepad and deleting the line that says "Option=GAMEOPTION_PERMANENT_ALLIANCES"

Pretty good map! Nicely done i like playing europe as well. But why did u add barb cities? Dont really like em, with real names like "Bern" at the Swiss Spot would be nicer thou ;-)

Top Bottom