"I just felt like railroad-making!"

ahawk

King
(With apologies to a plot element of 'Forrest Gump')

One day, after mamma had gone and passed up into heaven, and when I hadn't seen Jenny for years, I decided to go railroad-making.

At first, I just layed tracks from my capitol on the far eastern shore of the pangae to my next closest city 5 tiles to the west. Once I got there, I figured I'd just lay tracks to the next city. And when I got there, I figured, well, I've come this far, I may as well just lay tracks all the way to the edge of the great empire of Greenbough, Alabama (or, in this case, Persia).

Once I got there, I decided to keep on going. I made a declaration of war and took over only the lands of Hiawatha that were necessary to keep the rail-line headed due west. My workers blasted and hammered away through the countryside, under the supervision of infantry, and I brought up reinforcements to keep the rail line open until Hiawatha sued for peace. Well, if I'd gone this far, I figured, I may as well head clear across the pangea.

I declared war on Bismark, who was already struggling, and subsequently took Berlin enroute to the far western shore. After Bismark came Alexander, who had a wide country of territory he had taken from both Bismark's Germany as well as Siam. Subduing the Great Macedonian took quite some time, and many Persian troops were lost protecting the workers. Simultaneously, the Persian populace began wondering about putting so much tax money into a railroad that stretched for thousands of miles beyond their own empire. To raise money, I helped a Great Artist who was trying to find something to put on a T-shirt. I used one to towel off, gave it back to him. Well, he became a millionaire or something, and started a golden age that helped finance the railroad.

City-States couldn't understand that I justed wanted to build a railroad. All sorts of CSs came up, thinking I was some sort of inspiration. One City-State asked me to kill their neighbor; another asked me to connect them to my railroad. Now, I don't know anything about being an inspiration; I just felt like railroad making.

Eventually, I came to the far western shore, with a road-maintence fee that exceeded some empires' military budgets. There was no achievement, no reward for this feat, and that was fine. And, I figured, well, I've come this far... might as well turn around and keep railroad making back to the eastern shore again.

Hahahah sincerely loved the Forrest Gump dramatization. May I ask you for a picture? And maybe, how many moves does it take for a worker to move all through the map??

I think that in G&K they should add a 'Great Gump' and if you make him go through all tiles on the continent he was spawned on, you get.. Nothing at all. =)

lol made me laugh as well

with the forrest gump that you put in there just funny.

Top Bottom