England on valium (paradise lost)

Nevyn

Warlord
Now that I am done with my evil India strategy, I was looking at achievements. On a standard map, especially on a Pangea world, England looks rather bleek. And archipelago was never a map I enjoyed, but on such a map England would rule. And archipelago seems tedious just shifting boats around. But then I saw that winning on settler level is an achievement. Let's combine those and just get it over with.

And this is the story of the mighty boatsmen of England:

Starting Eras:
Started on a pretty good island that have room for two cities. Warrior stumbles into a ruine and finds a worker. Thanks. Next ruine - A settler. Sweet! And after learning how to cross water I find another island that could house one city with tiles to spare, a ruine on that island gives me another settler. Okay, I have three cities and I have done nothing towards settling. No-one else seems to build any wonders, so I might as well start building them all.

Labyrinth Era:
Just continue exploring the archipelago with first trimeres (which is very tedious) and later caravels until I have ship of the line. 9 in movement points is pretty neat when dealing with such a boring task. I only have two scouts going for the ruines that the boats have found and a spearman and swordsman taking out barb camps. Ruines gets me workers and new settlers and I stop founding new cities when I have 7 (out of good islands).

Valium Era:
World map is known. My boats are parked near cities, some close to the hostile Ottomans that keps denouncing me. All other civs are either friendly or afraid. Workers have worked all tiles and all but one have been disbanded. Most cities are in research mode until research gives me something new to build. Iron, Coal, Oil, Aluminum and Uranium have all popped up within my borders. I mostly just sit and press enter and watch time go by.

Victory:
Science is +1000, and culture is at +1200. I am allied with every single city-state doing +800 gpt with 10000 in the bank. When the last policies comes at like every fifth turn I just build the Utopia Project and that was that.

Duly note that except for Ottomans denouncing me over and over, no one got hurt in this game except for barbs. Not one single war declared. Not one single unit lost. Nothing, null and nada happened in this game. *sigh*

Top Bottom