Caveman2Cosmos IdeaTracker (Where to post your Great Ideas/ Bugs & Support)

Azurian

The Azurian
http://caveman2cosmos.t15.org/Ideatracker/

The Caveman2Cosmos IdeaTracker is a web-based idea tracking system, project management tool, collaboration space, bug and support ticket system, and a Tracker for content relevant to the Caveman2Cosmos community.

It is a customized MantisBT,(http://www.mantisbt.org/), and is really easy to use! It has 100GB/Month Bandwidth and a 1.5GB Disk Size.

Thank you 000webhost.com for proving Free Web Hosting!

ModTeam
-Anyone with "Manager" status can edit and add any Categories

Lurkers! You can shoot me an email at:
support@caveman2cosmos.comule.com

To Login as a Guest:
Username:Guest
Password:c2c
Highly recommend you make an account!

Spoiler :

For Real Name you can put whatever name you want you want, or leave it blank:)

Submit an Idea
I have made it possible for anyone,(even lurkers here), to submit an idea.

Categories

• 0-How Do I?
    1-General Suggestions
    2-Bugs and Support
    3-Books and Knowledge Tracker (Add a good book or article about history or website)
    4-Integrated Mods Tracker (Add a mod or modpart and what in it should be in C2c)
    5-Ideas From Other Games Tracker (Add ideas from other games that should be in c2c)
    6-Future Era Tracker (Add stuff from scifi books/tv shows/websites/etc that can inspire future era)
    7-Credits and Collaboration Tracker (If we didnt add you to Credits mention it here)
    8-Rate and Feedback Tracker (tell us what you think of Caveman2Cosmos)
    9-General Game Balance

For Suggestions and Ideas Only! Bugs go to Bugs and Support!/General Game Balance

A.I and Programming
    Alternative Timelines
    Animals
    Art
    Audio and Sountrack
    Barbarians and Pirates
    BUG Mod
    Buildings
    City and Population
    Civics
    Civilizations and Leaders
    Civilopedia and Quotes
    Corporations
    Crime
    Diplomacy and Trade
    Disease
    Drugs and Vices
    Espionage
    Events
    Flammability
    Forum (Civfanatics)
    Game Options
    Gamespeed and Turns
    Gold and Commerce
    Great Generals
    Great Person
    Guilds
    Happiness
    Health
    Heroes
    Hints and Tips
    Housing
    Interface
    Jobs and Homeless
    Maps
    Maps_Multimaps
    Marketing
    Moddb
    Pollution and Global Warming
    Production
    Projects
    Promotions
    Religion
    Resources
    Science
    Space_Galaxy
    Space_Mars
    Space_Moon
    Space_Planets
    Sports
    Technologies
    Terrain
    Terrain Improvements and Workers
    Unique Units and Leaders and Traits
    Units
    Wonders
    Youtube
    z-Ancient Era
    z-Classical Era
    z-Cyber Era
    z-Digital Era
    z-Dimension Era
    z-Galactic Era
    z-Industrial Era
    z-Interstellar Era
    z-Medieval Era
    z-Modern Era
    z-Nano Era
    z-Prehistoric Era
    z-Renasiance Era
    z-Solar Era
    zz-Request New Category

and more!

Spoiler :

The View Ideas Screen
This is what the View Ideas Screen looks like. Ideas are color coded based on level of response.
Ideas and Bugs that need more feedback before continuing are Feedback.
Ideas and Bugs that might have been reviewed can either be acknowledged or Confirmed[Confirmed]. Acknowledged is more of a maybe no, confirmed is maybe yes.
Ideas and Bugs that someone has been assigned to or assigned themselves are Assigned.
Ideas and Bugs that are going to be submitted to the game are Resolved.
Ideas and Bugs that are trash and junk are Closed.

Spoiler :

Quick Reference Guide
-Download The Attachment below
-Replace the words Bugs and Issues with Ideas

Mod Team- View Ideas Details
This is really easy to use and takes 5 min to learn.

Players who are not Mod Team members can still do this, as a Manager.Mod Team are Developers.

Awesome. Provided nobody has mis-aligned expectations this will be an extremely useful tool. I will definately be entering known AI issues and ideas.

My View
This is what an individual persons myview looks like, and everything somehow related to them.

Categories Permission
Every Category is assigned to only one (1) person. When someone makes an idea on that category the appropriate person gets it assigned. I dont know who wants to do what..Koshing can be assigned to A.I, Ls612 to units, me to technologies..etc.

reserved

Categories Permission
Every Category is assigned to only one (1) person. When someone makes an idea on that category the appropriate person gets it assigned. I dont know who wants to do what..Koshing can be assigned to A.I, Ls612 to units, me to technologies..etc.

It's the concept of assignment that is potentially problematic (since it implies responsibility, whether that is the intention or not).

Personally I'm entirely happy for the AI stuff to be assigned to me, but for most categories what I would suggest is that you create pseudo-users that are used as assignment default dumping grounds for a group of categories. The actual modders can then electively go through what has been assigned to the pseudo-users and reassign to themselves as they see fit.

The benefits of doing it that way are:
  1. Nobody gets assigned stuff they haven't elected to to take, so there is no feeling of imposition
  2. If an area is covered by two or more modders the default assignment doesn't have to make assumptions about who is going to take it

It's the concept of assignment that is potentially problematic (since it implies responsibility, whether that is the intention or not).

Personally I'm entirely happy for the AI stuff to be assigned to me, but for most categories what I would suggest is that you create pseudo-users that are used as assignment default dumping grounds for a group of categories. The actual modders can then electively go through what has been assigned to the pseudo-users and reassign to themselves as they see fit.

The benefits of doing it that way are:
  1. Nobody gets assigned stuff they haven't elected to to take, so there is no feeling of imposition
  2. If an area is covered by two or more modders the default assignment doesn't have to make assumptions about who is going to take it

This what ill do.
1.Ill create a moderator account and call it ModTeam.
2. Ill assign it to every category.
3. Ill give all members of the modTeam (gold in the credits pic) the password.
4. Anyone who wants to be assigned as an individual to a Category can create an account and post it on this thread that they need to be promoted to mod.

I want the IdeaTracker to have 3 purposes.

1. Idea Libary. Ideas are added,(im thinking by Rightfuture), and get resolved when added to the game.

2.Bugs and Support.
Mainly for lurkers. We can add bugs that havent been fixed yet and when fixed they get resorved.

3.Trackers
People can add relevant data to hose trackers..im thinking Rightfuture will be the main user.

just registered there. added my idea that i have previously posted on forums here 13 months ago :) still wish this would be implemented one day :smug:

ModTeam account created and PMs sent.

Remember ModTeam, you can also submit your own ideas to the IdeaTracker and "resolved" them when they are completed. Think of it as an Idea Wikipedia.

Just checked it out. How do you do it all Mr. Azure

How do I create stuff OR how do you use the Ideatracker? Remember you can add any ideas you have, on the forum, etc..

Once i figure out the hierarchy, ill promote people on there..
I can choose from like 5 statuses.

How do I create stuff OR how do you use the Ideatracker? Remember you can add any ideas you have, on the forum, etc..

Once i figure out the hierarchy, ill promote people on there..
I can choose from like 5 statuses.

How do you create all this stuff:crazyeye:

Ok, registered. I completely agree with Koshling that we need to be able to categorize various ideas and bug tasks. But that we should not have anything automatically assigned to us, rather allow us to adopt what we choose to take on. Since this is wholeheartedly voluntary, we have little other option.

As for 'categories' (or generic registrations), we have to just figure out how to categorize the ideas as they come in and eventually we'll have all the appropriate 'file folders' assigned.

Ok, registered. I completely agree with Koshling that we need to be able to categorize various ideas and bug tasks. But that we should not have anything automatically assigned to us, rather allow us to adopt what we choose to take on. Since this is wholeheartedly voluntary, we have little other option.

As for 'categories' (or generic registrations), we have to just figure out how to categorize the ideas as they come in and eventually we'll have all the appropriate 'file folders' assigned.

You choose what you want. `So far all the Categories are assigned to ModTeam. Feel free to edit anything u see fit, remove Categories..etc..`

-Promoted Koshing to Manager (SuperMod)
-Promoted Thunderbrd to Manager (SuperMod)

-Promoted Gregori to Updater (next rank after Reporter)

Top Bottom