Ideas to help Improve Civ Games

Jepp

Chieftain
This was my idea written to 2k Games to Firaxis.

Hello again, I have some good ideas for the Civ series I helped create since AOE II. I remember writing to you about a large map Civ type game, that makes you feel you can shape the world. From Rise of Nations, to Clockworks, The revolution, and into Civ. I wrote to you a while ago just after AOE II became old in the games industry. I always have good ideas, from Planetside WOT WOW AAO to Civ and many others. The idea and belief in monumental words the same. I do want for you to develop taking my ideas lightly, but also in consideration. Seeing Firaxis picture with the happy peeps on the Left and the calm peeps on the Right, Immediately you notice the pink haired girl, then the senior group that just had their cup of coffee, the two unhappy optimistic dude's on the back right, wait is that my cousin, wesley? The guy in the mid right who looks like he controls the entire group with his mind, and has great genius. OK onto the ideas I have for the Civ games, conceptually I want to reshape the world entirely, politically, economically, and by every means become different. In every aspect of humanity. In an idea if you could gather all the map data from sources such as Apple Maps, Google Earth, that would be what you could play on. All of the geometric data from all those sources, and information of geology, topography, historic disasters, before and after, location of real wonders like Mexico's crystal caves. From all time what the world looked like from that time era. But I want to have more control of where I can place something, in means of removing the hex overlay, but have my city able to spread more realistically to how they have in actual history. I would like my borders to not be so proximate, light in shade, not definitive, but able to move and push due to pressure, military buildup on the borders, things like that as well as because of passive from ethics, or culture specialty. I would like to make building things more developed and on a more meaningful way, a hex build with a builder is so confining and square. Land could be developed as a zone for farming, and designated for civilians to work. Your civ would benefit from any actions slowly towards progress to becoming better able to benefit from say farming on a hillside to passively be able to build improvements like vertical farming, and then eventually have access to wonders like the city in the mists. This is a big idea, the map scale needs to much larger, more room to decide move, more in scale to reality, nearly double triple the scale it would be now. I want to shape the world historically to a different way and see it all develop so much differently. American Indians, who never became trespassed upon, and developed to rule the world in a eco smart world civilization into past the present future. Germany who wins both WW what would the world be like in a communist world, what would be different? Even super computers who make predictions on global warming scenarios. You know something is buried in that area but you need to develop a geologist to uncover the crystal caves. Science is developed in the same way it is today. From education, experimentation, great people, wonders, even not our own technology. In means of the world developing exactly how it does, but in any way though different maps, 3D apple map, even better quality, maps to shape push, develop, move, transportation, feeling. Though Yosemite is just as it is easy to declare as a wonder. I want to be able to develop, and build like you would in aoe 2 walls and things, idk I feel the game could be more as a RTS than a 4X game but be merged together. As I said, the development is solely unto you as you are the ones pressing the buttons, I didn't realize that the email I sent you, for the civ 4 revival or future until I was at the moment, but I know I have at present now. It's like that, years ago, I never was the sole creator of wow but I'm actually quite angry, because I've never earned a cent, and Blizz is GREEEEDY...... I do have a solution to AI, Game single-player server's If you can't put 60GB of computer AI into a game, add some optionally to the players experience. Heck even allow them to download all 60-100GB if they would like, most I'm sure would opt in. For me its an extra 30m to download, others its 10m. It's up to you for the world's of historically, exact, meaningful, evolved, and everything, for us to shape, mold, change, could be for meaning, could be for fun, could be so saturated no one knows what to do, fun.

Firaxis Response was:

Thank you for taking the time to contact 2K Support, and for your interest in the popular Sid Meier's franchise; Civilization! We always appreciate hearing from our dedicated fans.
Another kind thanks for providing your very thorough and plentiful feedback and suggestions, as we always enjoy hearing what our fans have to say and take everything to heart. Your building ideas for instance give a lot of food for thought.
To ensure your voice is properly heard though, I invite you to pay a visit over to either our Official 2K Forums or the ever informative community over at Civ Fanatics.
These sites help connect the community together and provide a superior platform for fan suggestions and feedback regarding our Civ series.
If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know. May your Civilization stand the test of time.

If anyone has any ideas on how the game should develop into the next game please add any ideas, I know I was bloating in my letter, but that's just who I am. Any ideas about where the game could go, and new ideas, in procedural idea, in detail, could help inspire them to make a good game.

-Closed-

Last edited:
Yeah, by having a bendable border that can be influenced by unit placement or grow against another's border through culture techs or edicts' it could expand the reason for small conflicts, disputes, dislikes and reasoning. But, borders would have to be much larger in scale for area of disputes to be allowed, and border expanse near close city's probably wouldn't have much effect, in gameplay that has crowding. I would feel also that any area that has improvements on it couldn't be taken over unless by huge amounts of border push, say 2 relative tiles behind the improvement before it becomes claimed, or the others military rushes into the area to re-secure the lands they own and have improved, not by means full on declaration of war, but they would certainly be within your territory. Umm.

Top Bottom