NOTW XLV: The DOOM Project

Night 04

The mercenaries continue their perilous mission, journeying deeper and deeper into the depths of the Earth.

During the Night, gunfire could be heard from deep inside the site; after a few short bursts, it is silenced.

All operatives report for morning rolecall.

Day 05 begins now, lasting 48 hours.
Please allow a few moments for thread information to be updated.

Vote for a lynch target in Bold.
Provide a move order in Green.

Dreadnought said:
You translate the final corner of the Triangle.

The Fiend, infuriated by his defeat at the hand of Satan, withdrew into his Fortress to plot his next move. Seeing no real opportunity to retake his former realm, he instead set his sights upon earth, which was populated by the weak and feeble mortals. He decided that his best opportunity to rebuild his empire lay in conquering the world, for then he could rule the earth and leave Satan entombed in Hell forever. To avoid any Heavenly attention for this plan, The Fiend stayed in Hell and instead sent his most trusted agent, Spiritus-Raptor the Herald of Doom, as his vanguard for the invasion. Spiritus-Raptor departed and quickly consolidated his power on earth, possessing many humans and bowing them to his will. Utilizing his strength and his mortal slaves, he constructed a mighty stronghold in Hazor and paved the way for his Master's arrival.

You also translate the text on Relic #1 -- "Despondency".
This is what I got from the last corner of the triangle and Relic #1. If anyone else sees anything in any of the other rooms that needs translating let me know. Otherwise I will probably move to the first digsite and see what I can find there

For people's reference these are the three texts from the triangle. They are in the order that I believe they are meant to go in.
The Fiend, infuriated by his defeat at the hand of Satan, withdrew into his Fortress to plot his next move. Seeing no real opportunity to retake his former realm, he instead set his sights upon earth, which was populated by the weak and feeble mortals. He decided that his best opportunity to rebuild his empire lay in conquering the world, for then he could rule the earth and leave Satan entombed in Hell forever. To avoid any Heavenly attention for this plan, The Fiend stayed in Hell and instead sent his most trusted agent, Spiritus-Raptor the Herald of Doom, as his vanguard for the invasion. Spiritus-Raptor departed and quickly consolidated his power on earth, possessing many humans and bowing them to his will. Utilizing his strength and his mortal slaves, he constructed a mighty stronghold in Hazor and paved the way for his Master's arrival.
Seeing the Evil that threatened the earth, Michael and a legion of Angels departed from heaven, determined to protect the world that God so loved. They were resolute, yet cautious, for they knew that their Heavenly Powers could be countered by Evil once they reached earth. Nonetheless, they arrived in their full splendor, prepared to defend mankind in battle. Seeing this vast host that marched against him, Spiritus-Raptor fled from his stronghold and instead sought sanctuary far to the south, in the desert at the end of the world. There, he consolidated his Power and tapped into the Fires of Hell to fuel his diabolic magic. Nevertheless, the armies of Heaven discovered his hidden site and challenged him to battle.
Seeing the great battle about to unfold, and knowing that it would even hold influence over his own domain, Satan marched his armies forth from Hell to the desert plains. With his forces in full battle regalia, he negotiated with God: his armies would fight along with Heaven's angels against this vile enemy, so long as the vanquished foe would be kept locked away on Earth rather than sent back to Hell; Satan made this offer because he understood the damage that would be caused when The Fiend's chief lieutenant could no longer command on the battlefields of Hell. God knew that, without Satan's Legions, the Earth would become a ruined world of war and strife, so he accepted the deal; for he knew that there was one way to keep Spiritus-Raptor locked away on Earth.
Judging by that last sentence, I have a theory that perhaps these relics have something to do with this Spiritus-Raptor thing but I'm not sure as to what. The two relics that I have translated are as follow.
Dreadnought said:
You also translate the text on Relic #1 -- "Despondency".
Dreadnought said:
You take a look at the Relic as you settle in for the Night.

You recognize the runes etched into the side of the item, and you translate them into the following:
The Fifth Stage: Death
You fiddle with the lid of the object, but it doesn't budge.
Now despondency is essentially the state of being hopeless and death is kind of obvious. What these mean I'm not sure but perhaps someone else has some answers.

We found Relic #3 in the Third Chamber. Sadly, we can't seem to move it at all, so it's still in the chamber.

DCmort, I think you are a good candidate for scum as well.

But, first things first.

Classical_Hero

Chamber 6

Lynch NinjaCow as before per previous reasoning.
Move Chamber 6

What reason do you have for me being scum? I've disclosed all of my findings in regards to the relics and to the triangle at the digsite. As well, why would I vote for my own teammate last round if I were scum. Even if I was scum I would never vote for my own team mate, even if their lynch looked hopeless and my team wanted me to so I would look less suspicious. I see that as a way of ratting out my own team and I will NEVER stoop to something that low.

What a bizarre thing to say. Personally I would feel more betrayed by a team-mate refusing to vote for me and therefore potentially making themselves look suspicious and going against what's best for the team. That's up there with NinjaCow level weird ideas, and you've been playing these things long enough to know better. Honour and loyalty in mafia games, whatever next?

I agree with johnhughthom, and don't see why anyone would be that honest in a game where you win by deceiving people. :p

There were two notes in Chamber 4

Now, I know we are all excited about this discovery, but I feel that one significant issue has not yet been resolved: we required heavy machinery and vehicles to move the rock slab covering the entrance to the site. How on Earth would an ancient culture have moved the stone into position without such technology?

Professor Keilman,

I'm moving this Relic to the Antechamber; there, we can study it, along with the fifth Relic, in more detail. All the same, shouldn't we handle these items with a bit more security?

We were attacked last night my a canine creature.

First things first, Vote: classical_hero

We found Relic #3 in the Third Chamber. Sadly, we can't seem to move it at all, so it's still in the chamber.

We all got confused last round and went to the wrong chamber, didn't we mate? I should have gone to three. So, chox, who went with you to chamber three.

Talking about chambers, we found a note saying that relic 5 and another relic should be in the antechamber. Might be worth looking into, mate.

@Visor & Dr. Spaceman: Why are you going to chamber 6?

Finally, Move: Chamber Five

What a bizarre thing to say. Personally I would feel more betrayed by a team-mate refusing to vote for me and therefore potentially making themselves look suspicious and going against what's best for the team. That's up there with NinjaCow level weird ideas, and you've been playing these things long enough to know better. Honour and loyalty in mafia games, whatever next?

I'm not that bad am I? I could be a lot worse. ;)

I have to say, DC's post was very flinchy, but I don't think he is as suspicious as other people, mate. That's all, mates.

Are people crazy, trying to get into chamber 6 when it is locked?
Since Visor went there, I came to the conclusion that he can somehow open it. Unmove move chamber 5 unless he can open it...

Also, on the front page, it onimously says "death" next to chamber 5. Any ideas?

vote:classical_hero

spaceman, do you still have your 1 unlock remaining? And classical is right about the notes and the attack.

Didn't we only find 1 relic in the antechamber? If so, we have an unaccounted for relic that was susposed to be there.

Top Bottom