[Small Mafia] Starcraft

Earthling

Deity
STARCRAFT MAFIA (Finished)

Fleeing from the conflicts raging between the great powers, you have come to an uninhabited planet on the fringe of the Koprulu Sector. A few stranded colonists, refugees, and aliens with their own motivations have established a presence in the rocky terrain. They’ll have to work together to survive, and to overcome the ulterior motives of part of the group.

Signups (18/18)

1. Verarde
2. Zack
3. choxorn
4. Kennigit
5. BSmith1068
6. Mat93
7. topsecret
8. EliteOfWarman8
9. Buddhafish
10. NinjaCow64
11. DaveShack
12. SamSniped
13. MartinLuther
14. spaceman98
15. GhostWriter16
16. Jarrema
17. Gone 3 the Celt
18. BigTin

Reserves:
Takhisis -tentative

RULES

RESTRICTED PRIVATE COMMUNICATION

Players are NOT allowed to freely communicate with other players outside of the game thread, through private messages or other means.

Players may be given the ability to communicate in certain ways, detailed in your Role PM. If you are given a quicktopic by the GM, you are not allowed to share the quicktopic link with other players. You may not make your own quicktopics.

Do not quote private correspondences from the GM or between other players. You must paraphrase information as necessary

VICTORY CONDITIONS

All players are either town (Innocent) or Mafia. There are no third party roles. The town victory condition is to eliminate all mafia.

LYNCHES AND ACTIVITY

You may vote for a Living player by simply bolding the name of the player you wish to vote for.
As a courtesy to other players and for ease of tally, retract votes by striking through the name in your new post or unvote: player

No Lynch is not an option. A player may Abstain to show they are present.
The first day a majority of all voting players is required for a successful lynch. Afterwards, plurality votes are sufficient. Ties will be broken; No Lynch cannot be made to occur through a tie in the tally.

Players who do not vote for two consecutive days, or three days in total, will be replaced or the character will be WoG’d. As a small game activity is required from all players. Replacements or WoGs will occur for other reasons (eg. requested replacement) as needed.

RESOURCES AND UPGRADES

There are two distinct types of resources in the game, Minerals and Vespene Gas.

Resources may be voted on each day much like the standard item system in other games; bold and color the name of the player you are voting the appropriate resource. You must vote the allotted amounts described in an update; please do not try to vote arbitrary amounts of resources.

Any player may transfer a whole number amount of resources to another player; just message the GM. The transfer will take place at the end of a phase, after events like lynches and night actions.

When a player dies their resources will not necessarily come up to vote.

All players belong to either the Protoss, Zerg, or Terran races. Using Minerals and Vespene Gas, upgraded abilities and effects may be purchased.

Racial Upgrades affect all players of that race, and may be purchased by any member of that race.

Some roles may have the opportunity to buy Individual Upgrades which benefit that role

Unless specified players do not start with any resources. Purchasing a regular Upgrade does not require a player to forgo another night action.

SAMPLE ROLE PM

This game is not meant to strictly adhere to the mechanics of Starcraft Broodwar. However, knowledge of the game will likely be helpful.

Spoiler :
PROTOSS PROBE

Player: Earthling
Role: Protoss Probe
Unit Types: Ground, Robotic
Victory Condition: Innocent

Abilities:
Harvest - each night you may mine 8 Minerals and 8 Vespene Gas to be put up to vote for the group

Background:
The probe is a robotic worker that performs the most fundamental tasks in the Protoss army. You are programmed to tirelessly serve for the good of all. However, sometimes your harvesting gets very lonely. If only you could keep some minerals for yourself...

The Protoss Probe is an NPC. You may not use night abilities on the character, nor vote to lynch it. Its presence does not affect victory conditions.

MISCELLANEOUS

• Players may become injured for various reasons. A player who is injured again when already injured is killed. Injured players may still use abilities.

Boilerplate Rules:
Follow all CFC Forum Rules.
Keep out of game matters, including discussion of other games, out of game.
Avoid editing posts. Posts with a vote that are edited will not have the vote counted.
Dead Players may not make game related comments, present cases or information.
You may make generic “bah” type comments.
There is no dead quicktopic.
Day lasts 48 hours, Night lasts 24 hours. There are no midday updates.
Talking on the thread is allowed both Day and Night.
Reread the important rules above again.

Good luck and have fun!​

Player List

LIVING PLAYERS (3)

Verarde
Zack
Kennigit

DEAD PLAYERS (15)
spaceman98, Zerg Zergling Killed Night One
SamSniped, Zerg Drone Killed Night One
choxorn, Zerg Ultralisk Lynched Day Two
topsecret, Terran Science Vessel Killed Night Two
NinjaCow64, Terran Vulture Lynched Day Three
Mat93, Terran Medic Killed Night Three
Jarrema, Zerg Scourge Killed Night Three
ELITEOFWARMAN8, Zerg Hydralisk Lynched Day Four
Gone 3 the Celt, Protoss Reaver Killed Night Four
GhostWriter16, Protoss Observer Lynched Day Five
Buddhafish, Protoss Shuttle Killed Night Five
BigTin, Terran Ghost Lynched Day Six
BSmith1068, Terran Firebat Lynched Day Seven
MartinLuther, Protoss High Templar Killed Night Seven
johnhughthom, Terran SCV Lynched Day Eight

Updates

Morning One - the game begins
Day One - No one is lynched
Night One - spaceman98 and SamSniped are killed
Day Two - choxorn is lynched
Night Two - topsecret is killed
Day Three - NinjaCow64 is lynched
Night Three - Mat93 and Jarrema are killed
Day Four - EliteofWarman8 is lynched
Night Four - Gone 3 the Celt is killed
Day Five - GhostWriter16 is lynched
Night Five - Buddhafish is killed
Day Six - BigTin is lynched
Night Six - nobody dies
Day Seven - BSmith1068 is lynched
Night Seven - MartinLuther is killed
Day Eight - johnhughthom is lynched

Frequently Asked Questions

-Unless specified players cannot target themselves with their own abilities.

-The order of anything in the tallies is not meant to imply anything special. Only the tallies should accurately list the following two things:
Who voted for whom, and the final result of each vote reflecting the writeup.
If you have a concern or ever see a mistake there, like "But Bob voted for Charlie" please point it out of course.

Incarceration.

Innage.

I don't think any themed game has ever made knowledge of the source material it's based off of as a requirement for joining.

I don't think any themed game has ever made knowledge of the source material it's based off of as a requirement for joining.

Sounds legit to me.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by
With bright knives he releaseth my soul
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places
He converteth me to lamb cutlets
For lo,m he hath great power and great hunger
When cometh the day we lowly ones
Through quiet reflection and great dedication
Master the art of karate
Lo, we shall rise up
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

I have no knowledge of the Starcraft universe, can I still join?

Absolutely, you're fine. Only very basic background knowledge is necessary, most of which is already there or I will be sure to explain as needed. As mentioned in the rules you might want to know enough about simple things like the races and check what the Terrans (humans), Protoss, and Zerg are, any questions are welcome. Anything pertinent to game mechanics will be described in your role.

edit - before a general question - there's no set storyline or story characters from the Starcraft universe anyone needs to be concerned with. As some of you probably would have guessed from the intro, rules, Sample PM and as you'll see with your own roles. Any players who wish may be encouraged to look a little at the gameplay itself.

:bump:

Top Bottom