Using the Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

99% hot gas
In case you haven't heard the news, the long-awaited "Timer" feature was added to CFC. Now, hosts can use this feature to show the exact days, hours, minutes, and seconds until the update time.

I'll simply quote TinCow from the .Org on how to use the timer.

I have added a new feature to the forums to make it easier for players to know when mafia game phases are over. It is a bbcode timer which counts down to any date and time specified. The bbcode format is [timer] and you can enter it manually, or click the timer icon on the advanced editor ().

The bbcode must be formatted in the following manner:

[TIMER=M/D/YYYY H:MM AM/PM ZONE; TIMEUP PHRASE][/TIMER]

Where

• M = The Month number, with or without a 0. So, for August, either 8 or 08.
  • D = The Day number, with or without a 0. So, for the fifth day, either 5 or 05.
  • YYYY = The Year in full four digit number format
  • H: The Hour, with or without a 0. So, for the seventh hour, either 7 or 07.
  • MM = The Minute, so quarter past the hour would be 15, half past would be 30, and on the hour would be 00.
  • AM/PM = AM or PM
  • ZONE = Time Zone of the deadline. It is very important that you put this in. If you do not, the timer will display the local time for each person viewing it, which means people in different parts of the world will see different (and incorrect) times. The time zone codes accept all of the usual zone abbreviations, such as UTC, GMT, EST, EDT, PST, PDT, etc. You can also use UTC referential times, such as UTC-1, UTC-2, UTC+7, etc.
  • TIMEUP PHRASE = Whatever text you want it to display when the timer is finished, such as "Day Phase Over" or "Night Phase Over".
So, to create a timer counting down to a Night Phase which ends on August 24, 2015 at 5pm, GMT, I would create the following bbcode:

[TIMER=8/24/2015 5:00 PM GMT; Night Phase Over][/TIMER]

and it looks like this once I removed [Zack: the noparse tags] from the bbcode:

[TIMER=8/24/2015 5:00 PM GMT; Night Phase Over][/TIMER]

You can also use UTC referential times, such as UTC-1, UTC-2, UTC+7, etc.
This also applies to GMT referential times. :)

Cool! :goodjob:

The UTC +/- corrections don't seem to be working when specified that way, but it does appear to work if you just put a correction without the "UTC".

When you post your own timer, you may have to refresh the page for it to show. The quick post and edit thingies make some browsers only do a partial refresh (with some browser settings?) and the javascript is not reinitialized.

Thanks to The Black Knigh for the solution!

Format: [timer=9/5/2012 10:02 PM +02:00; NO time left][/timer]

[timer=8/9/2013 12:09 PM; Till My Birthday][/timer]

testerzors.

Am I crazy, or have all the timers gone to black?

[TIMER="3/15/2015 3:00 PM CST"][/TIMER]

EDIT: And apparently the timer is colorable.

Hey, that is official propaganda! Isn't that regulated by electoral law? I'm ringing the inspectors right now.

[TIMER=3/7/2013 0:01 AM EST; MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!1!1!111!1!1!][/TIMER]
Testing

As far as I can tell, it does not accept 00 as the hour.

[TIMER=11/22/2012 10:00 PM EST; Day Phase Over][/TIMER]
5chars

Testin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom