Community GMR Game

KiffeLesBiffles

Do you like dogs?
HI all,

I would like to launch a community GMR game. i.e. A GMR game where one community play one civilization. You would have a forum where you post screenshot and discuss about the next move and the next diplo step of your civ.

I have people really motivated in french civ community. The aim is to have at least 6 community ready to play such game. Communities can be NQ, Civplayer, German, etc...

I would like to have a really deep diplomacy and deep strategic game. Setting and rules can be discussed.

what do you think ? are you motivated ? and subcribed here please !

Hi, I wonder how much the picture can show without revealing too much information? The open discussion of strategy and how it will work without letting others to know?

I'm willing to try this but I suspect that this doesn't work nearly as well with CiV as it did with CivIV.

That's a good idea! All we have to do is send the new file to other players(from a team view) then take a decision for the main file :goodjob:

Yes but the real question is which community is represented by whom? For instance will there be a civfanatics community?

Yes but the real question is which community is represented by whom? For instance will there be a civfanatics community?

Or we can just make random teams.

You can ask a private forum to post the team screenshots.
There will be for sûre a civfanatics team maybe 2.

So I guess we have now serious considerations from the sides of CivPlayers, NQ and CFC.
What about the other sites?

And is an ISDG really feasible with GMR?
Because normally you have multiple people, who are allowed to play at the end the turn, but with GMR only one person will get a save....right?

So I guess we have now serious considerations from the sides of CivPlayers, NQ and CFC.

Because normally you have multiple people, who are allowed to play at the end the turn, but with GMR only one person will get a save....right?

So far, we have :

1) A french team in civfr.
2) A CFC team, with Tabarnak, Jake and islandia

We need 6 teams to start discusing about setting and so on. So, if you know other communities, feel free to advertize about the game.

I post on GMR threat to know if it can be possible to have a special options for such game (like all player in the team receive the save file).

So far, we have :

1) A french team in civfr.
2) A CFC team, with Tabarnak, Jake and islandia

We need 6 teams to start discusing about setting and so on. So, if you know other communities, feel free to advertize about the game.

Okay, we now also have a thread here. Let's see how big the interest is.

Does anyone go over to WPC + Poly to advertize it there too?

I post on GMR threat to know if it can be possible to have a special options for such game (like all player in the team receive the save file).

:thumbsup:

Okay, we now also have a thread here. Let's see how big the interest is.

Does anyone go over to WPC + Poly to advertize it there too?

:thumbsup:

Thx you ! Maybe someone can post it in the Polish forum ?

In the technical point of view, I think the easiest thing to do is to share a GMR Account. I.E share your ID GMR key. So you just have to change the key to download the file.

The player with the account can do an automatic forward of his notification e-mails. So the other player knows when to play even if it is not their turn.

I dont even know how this would work. Maybe I would be interested if I did.

I think the save file has to be handed into team players and a group decision will be made. I hope only to see some nice pictures with discussions from Tab or Islandia later when they are half way into the game, but actual playing will take more time than an usual GMR game I guess.

Yeah, like that.
Depending on team you can also have RPG discussions (You are the Romans? Talk like the romans!), there'd be separate subforums for diplomacy between the different teams, and some rules would probably also be adjusted. Normally there are also external referees, who decide if or if not rules were broken, and "timer thread" within the forum (normal turn times: 24 or 48 hours, IIRC).
Simple Democracy Games (so within a forum) can last years, so yes, probably also a bit longer than an average GMR game :D.

Well, I dont have nearly the same experience as Is and Tab for example. Dont know how much I could bring to the table, but it would be an interesting read.

Well, I dont have nearly the same experience as Is and Tab for example. Dont know how much I could bring to the table, but it would be an interesting read.

It's fun don't worry. We used to do lots of them on CivIV hopefully this works out aswell.

Yes I can speak for Civplayers and we for sure will take part, I'm canvassing for team members and a Captain right now.

GG Kiffe

CS

I can ask the GDR guys i know them well.

Top Bottom