Community GMR Game

I dont wanna complain, but it is only me, who feel like speed of the game don't exist?
Really, maybe set some more active players for taking turns?
It's hard to believe, that specific teams are only online once per day (around 24h per turn).
Cmon.

For most turns the planing is good enough to execute the turn quick. But one has to take into account when the teammembers have time for it. This usually means after working hours. So if a turn comes in late night it usually won't be executed till 20 pm. The second problem is, that turns can't be executed causual. The player has to take his time to look up the plan and take the pictures needed for further planing. Afterwards he has to push the turn forward an post in the teamforum ...

Normal turns like that are usually pushed forward the current evening or the next after reciving. Although we had some turns where we didn't noticed that they were in.

You can also have troubeling turns where two groups of the DG Team fight over what is the right path (the right next tech, the right next construction). It is not easy to be the one to execute a turn when the discussion is not over yet. So one tends to delay execution for a day or two.

Last but not least a team can have trouble to find someone who is actually willing to execute the turn (vacation time ...).

On the other hand : Why doe some teams not respond to any diplomatics? Waiting for answeres or discussion about conclusions of why an other team is not answering can also delay turns!

On the other hand : Why doe some teams not respond to any diplomatics? Waiting for answeres or discussion about conclusions of why an other team is not answering can also delay turns!

On this note, please don't try to sent diplomatic posts through team CFC's email account.
PMing one of the team members you see posting is the best bet of getting responses.

So funny fact for you, my team got completely bored and now one guy is doing everything*.
Game is so slow, that a lot of people forget about it (and a second group complained a lot about nothing happening) so we decided about using such system to not upset them more.
Well, remember at least, if you want any diplomacy with Egypt/Polish team, PM to me.

*Even that one is pretty often writing to me on steam that I should hurry up players there.

Edit:
I asked that one about how game is going on... and what?
Some time ago I complained about one team doing turn for 7 days...
Now, he said to me that 1 team in GMR is doing turn for 10 DAYS...
I'm really disappointed.

Well, remember at least, if you want any diplomacy with Egypt/Polish team, PM to me.

We did that. You did need very long for an "answer" (you said you weren't checking anymore). You even said that since a teammember is doing the turns you did not expected contact. So it seems that your team doesn't even share basic info like meeting other teams. The answer was no real diplo (it discourraged our team from further diplo ...).

The actual problems seem to be based on vacations. We should get back to a turncycle where each team needs ca. 24h after reciving a turn. Faster is good but not always possible (working hours, discussions that can only start when the turn is in).

But Maiar you and your teammates should get a bit more patient. DG games are for patient players. Later when the game has war turns it will need extra time for the teams involved. Those turns can't really planed ahead.

Let's all calm down a bit.
Things are messed up already ... with all the poison gas wars going on ...
Everybody here knew that this was gonna be a (very very) long term game. There will be times with faster turns again.
Maybe we could set up another way for diplo. Instant notice seems to disfunction for my account so i have to check the inbox every time.
We could use the e-mail accounts created for the GMR game. (would work better for exchanging map information too... or was that forbidden?)

We did that. You did need very long for an "answer" (you said you weren't checking anymore). You even said that since a teammember is doing the turns you did not expected contact. So it seems that your team doesn't even share basic info like meeting other teams. The answer was no real diplo (it discourraged our team from further diplo ...).
I don't get it.
I got only info from Inca team in the past, I am talking with my teammate everyday, so when some diplomacy stuff will happen, I for sure will talk with him about it (I'm even checking saves sometimes, you know, always informed on some level).
And yes, he is doing everything, but I'm intermediary since he isn't in on this forum.

I don't get it.
I got only info from Inca team in the past, I am talking with my teammate everyday, so when some diplomacy stuff will happen, I for sure will talk with him about it (I'm even checking saves sometimes, you know, always informed on some level).
And yes, he is doing everything, but I'm intermediary since he isn't in on this forum.

We are not responsible for your documentation of events. Our scouts met early. Diplo from us (Civforum) to you April 19th (~ Turn 13) answer Mai 1st. From the answer we concluded that your team seems to have no interest in further diplo.

It's little funny for me, because in your (team) message there are not any indications of wanting "diplomacy" other than "hi, we're that nation" in some long formula.
I said in answer, I will not roleplay and was open for real propositions (which never came) not some random chat.

Top Bottom