Japanese Sword of the Shogun

Bathyskaff

reality researcher
Hello!I must say that this is not a complete standalone scenario, but just an upgraded version of the classic Conquests scenario "Sword of the Shogun".I've changed interface,made some x_title.pcx,added more units (now almost each technology brings you units), changed old units,added unique units (for example,for Ashigaru,'coz it was classic Swordsman,for Horseman,Ronin, etc.),expanded line of naval units, they became 'Japanese' :). And all of Japanese clans now are playable.

Previews

Sengoku - Imjin War

Hi! I've changed something in this scenario again:

1.New units

Onna-bugeisha (female samurai)

Dominican Friar, Franciscan Friar,Benedictine Monk

Crossbowman,Ishiyumi

Tanegashima (upgrades to Samurai Arquebusier)

and many more new units:
two types of Ashigaru;
Hokoyari (upgrades to Spearman);
two types of Speaman (Yari & Yari Spearman);
two types of Archers (Yumi Bowman & Yumi Archer - upgrades to Samurai Archer);
Stone Crossbow upgrades to Crossbowman,Ishiyumi (then to Tanegashima);
new barbarians units (Ainu);
new unit Kaishakunin - from Seppuku tech.

new nawal units - Gunkan,Kamotsusen,Atakebune,Tekkousen,Kikosen (Turtle Ship),Nau (Carrack);

2. New tech - Seppuku

3. New wonder - Dejima

You can get this scenario in the previous post or here

Enjoy!

That sounds very interesting. I allready liked the original scenario.

Downloading now, even if I currently do not know when I have the time to play.

Thanks for your work!

EDIT: I would prefer if your scenario would have its own folder and name and would not overwrite the original Sengoku scenario in the conquest folder. :undecide:

I will have to make a backup first and then try again. ;)

I like what I have seen so far (I am still in the initial phase of the game). As in the original scenario I had used my Daiymo for scouting (Do not try that at the higher levels. ;) ).

There seems to be a bug with the date. Instead of Month and Year it shows "airfield". :confused:
Please note that I have made the screen shot before giving your scenario its own folder.

Giving your scenario its own folder was only a minor problem. In the editor I have switched under "scenario search folders" the entry "Sengoku" to "Sengoku2", and then relabeled the scenario folder also to "Sengoku2".

Hi, I'm here again after a long absence ;) And I've got something.
I must say that this scenario is a complete standalone scenario now.
It was very hard and long work :crazyeye:

I've changed almost everything except basic Japanese units and technologies.
I added (besides what I've written before) two new civilization - Joseon (Choson) and Ming (China).
I had to do it, because I have decided to extend the game to Imjin War. Without this war, Sengoku period in Japan is not complete. So I had to add Korean peninsula to the map of scenario. I had to add all Choson and Ming units. I had to add two new technologies: Bunroku and Keicho.
I also added a lot of things....

So these are some previews

Korean (Choson) x_title

Another Korean x_title

Japanese x_title

Chinese (Ming) x_title

Choson (Joseon) flag in game

Ming flag in game

These two flags made by me :crazyeye:

You can get it here or on the first post of this thread

Dear Bathyskaff, this is just great.
I have just loaded this scenario - and immediately noted if has the same error as the previous one. All saves are done with 'Airfield' tag instead of the date. How to avoid it?

re-uploaded .

was taken on May 2015 . When the thread had many more pictures .

image713732.jpg

no issues seen in a momentary test to check whether it runs . Perhaps helped by me placing the Sengoku folder to ...Civ III/Conquests/Scenarios where there is no previous folder of the same name to overwrite . Meaning you will be searching the Contents in the above Picture , not Conquests to run this scenario ... As said no issues . Except the Airfield as dates issue . Will any kind people offer the way to fix that ? Even if ı had seen that explanation somewhere sometime . Tried uploading directly to CFC , have no idea how much success ı had with that .

so , a mediafire link that will die in 14 days after the last download , as far as ı can understand the thing . Will be cool if serious archivists were to take and store elsewhere .

https://www.mediafire.com/file/puou9y9xodj984q/Sengoku_-_Imjin_War.rar/file

as usual with my uploads a good virus scan is always a good thing .

Hi, guys,
I've retrieved the last Bathyskaff's version of the mod from here -
You can get it here
using Blake00's wonderful guidance on navigating the Atomic Gamer archive:
Example 2 - the missing Civ 3 Star Trek mod bonus music files I've been trying to find for 2 friggin years (link briefly mentioned in the description text)

I've re-uploaded it to Yandex.Disk (without a time-limit on download unlike MediaFire):

Some screenshots attached to verify it's valid.

Attachments

• 1_Selection.png
    1_Selection.png
    942.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 2_Briefing.png
    2_Briefing.png
    555.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 3_Tech tree.png
    3_Tech tree.png
    782.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 4_Tech.png
    4_Tech.png
    902.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 5_Unit.png
    5_Unit.png
    812.1 KB · Views: 37
There seems to be a bug with the date. Instead of Month and Year it shows "airfield". :confused:
Solution from another thread:
Yea, something went terribly wrong. I have Civ III Complete. Apparently there's the same problem with the War of the Pacific Scenario I'm playing.

EDIT: I replaced the scenario labels.txt file with the one from the Conquests Text folder and everything is alright now.
Worked for me as well (see screenshots).

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    335.7 KB · Views: 43
  • after.png
    after.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom