MMod

Mattygerst

Prince
Hello all,

Posted with the permission of karadoc:

MMod:
+ K-Mod v1.46 w/ modifications [updated thru 2/6/2018]
+ Graphics from BAT including Varietas Delectat and other packs
+ Mastery Victory condition - updated by Karadoc for use in this mod as of 1/13/2015
+ Some music from Rhye's and Fall of Civilization
+ 18-civ DLL & 64-civ DLL (able to be swapped)
+ GEM Map is included (requires 48-civ DLL to be active)

Some Specifics:
+ New & Updated Mastery Victory is recommended for use w/ the mod [not required]
+ Cities that have ever reached size of 8 are no longer raze-able even with city razing turned on [editable and also able to be deactivated]

*Request: DO NOT inquire with Karadoc about updates to this mod

Download Link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mmod/files/

Last edited:
+ The intent of this mod is to use K-Mod and combine it with more flavour. There is an 18-civ DLL and a 48-civ DLL that are swappable at any time without having to download and install the 48-civ DLL manually. Currently the flavour added consists of updated graphics from BAT/Varietas Delectat, and Mastery Victory which has been improved with the AI understanding how to use.
+ My ultimate goal is to add some civs/leaders and create some scenarios using the GEM map. You can currently use GEM map with the 48-civ DLL right now if you choose to play a SCENARIO. Currently there are no pre-set World Scenarios with GEM map, however, GEM is still able to be used.
+ I am thinking of updating/changing the civics to give a more real-world feel.
+ I am thinking of updating the tech tree to allow a bit more time to move forward into the NEAR-future era. This will probably include a potential splitting up the very late-game techs into splintering off into a few different directions with them.

+ Thoughts about the mod and further ideas are welcome :)

This is just my dream come true, it what i would have done to make Kmod PERFECT.

PLEASE KEEP THIS UPDATED!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

cool stuff, matty

think there's a prob with the BAT stuff in sevopedia. pedia wont load for me.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugInit", line 98, in callInits
  File "CvScreensInterface", line 1175, in init
  File "CvScreensInterface", line 291, in createCivilopedia
  File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
  File "SevoPediaMain", line 22, in ?
  File "<string>", line 35, in load_module
  File "<string>", line 13, in _get_code
IndentationError: expected an indented block (SevoPediaUnit, line 147)

also, perhaps rename in CvModName so that a new mmod settings folder is used, just in case there's some future settings disparity with k-mod?

anyway keep up the good work! i like the sound of your future plans.

Thank you for the mod.
Some questions:
1) How does the AI adapt its existing strategies to Mastery Victory?
2) How would you change civics?
3) Seeing a graphical glitch: Civ-specific unit assets are correctly displayed when the unit is selected, otherwise a different asset for the same base unit is displayed. For example, playing as Celts, when Axeman is selected assets are correct, when deselected assets for Dog Soldier are displayed; playing as France, Axeman shown as Vulture when not selected. In my two games with the mod, workers are shown as Indian workers when not selected.
What should I do about this?

T
3) Seeing a graphical glitch: Civ-pecific unit assets are correctly displayed when the unit is selected, otherwise a different asset for the same base unit is displayed. For example, playing as Celts, when Axeman is selected assets are correct, when deselected assets for Dog Soldier are displayed; playing as France, Axeman shown as Vulture when not selected. In my two games with the mod, workers are shown as Indian workers when not selected.
What should I do about this?

Check the Graphics tab in the Options and I think you'll find that you have animations turned off. Turn them back on.

Hey, this is great, I only just noticed this thread. I was using Better BAT AI before switching over to K-Mod and I was a bit sad that the nice graphics were gone.

And now they are back! Thanks a bunch and I hope you keep it updated (if necessary)!

+ The intent of this mod is to use K-Mod and combine it with more flavour. There is an 18-civ DLL and a 48-civ DLL that are swappable at any time without having to download and install the 48-civ DLL manually. Currently the flavour added consists of updated graphics from BAT/Varietas Delectat, and Mastery Victory which has been improved with the AI understanding how to use.
+ My ultimate goal is to add some civs/leaders and create some scenarios using the GEM map. You can currently use GEM map with the 48-civ DLL right now if you choose to play a SCENARIO. Currently there are no pre-set World Scenarios with GEM map, however, GEM is still able to be used.
+ I am thinking of updating/changing the civics to give a more real-world feel.
+ I am thinking of updating the tech tree to allow a bit more time to move forward into the NEAR-future era. This will probably include a potential splitting up the very late-game techs into splintering off into a few different directions with them.

+ Thoughts about the mod and further ideas are welcome :)

For Civs/Leaders, just add 3 extra leaders, with the 3 missing combos, to 3 different single leader civs for a good start :)
For Civics, adding in the Unique Civic mod comp would probably be a good start, as long as you can think of a Unique Civic for all the civs. Possible adding in the other Civic mod comps that allow more bonuses in xml as this makes it easier for AI's to understand.
Near-Future Tech, adding in the Next War Traits, Buildings, Units and Techs would be an easy start :)

Mainly suggested stuff that I know shouldn't be too hard to add (thou thinking up all the Unique Civics may be) and should be fine to build from if you decided to take anything further :)

IND/PHI, CRE/CHA, and PRO/ORG are the 3 missing traits, Spain + Japan are the most common civs that 2 of those combos go to (El Sid, Spain, PRO/ORG and Meiji, Japan, CRE/CHA). IND/PHI has also been given to Meiji to complete change Japan in AI hands with right personality, or giving it to Pericles and then giving CRE/PHI to a single leader civ.

As for Unique Civics some are easy like The Senate replacing Rep for Romans, just making it earlier, or possibly changing the science bonus to a mix of science and espionage (for all the back stabbing) as well :)

I had a lot of fun with the giant earth map after my last try a few months ago! So thanks for compiling the 48 player dll.

But I was unable to setup a multiplayer game with this map. Did anybody successfully created a game on giant earth map with this mod on multiplayer? In all my tries it crashed on the client side during map setup.

So, I played two games with this mod and even though two games are hardly enough to get a statistically significant overview on the AI, it seems that the AI is quite a bit worse than with K-Mod. Are you sure you merged this correctly? E.g. in both games I had AIs sitting around not expanding anymore after getting 2 or 3 cities (on a huge map, the others had 10+).

Also I had double the score (not mastery victory points, the actual score) than the next best AI civ after about a third of the game, while I usually (with K-Mod) barely keep up at that difficulty level.

So, back to K-Mod for me for the time being, even though I really like the idea of the Mastery Victory.

But I was unable to setup a multiplayer game with this map. Did anybody successfully created a game on giant earth map with this mod on multiplayer? In all my tries it crashed on the client side during map setup.

Just a shamless self quote...
Mattygerst, is it possible to debug the multiplayer crash a bit? We can setup a game together if this helps. It definitely crashes always at the client side, wehen the initial save game is transferred during finishing.

So, I played two games with this mod and even though two games are hardly enough to get a statistically significant overview on the AI, it seems that the AI is quite a bit worse than with K-Mod. Are you sure you merged this correctly? E.g. in both games I had AIs sitting around not expanding anymore after getting 2 or 3 cities (on a huge map, the others had 10+).

Also I had double the score (not mastery victory points, the actual score) than the next best AI civ after about a third of the game, while I usually (with K-Mod) barely keep up at that difficulty level.

So, back to K-Mod for me for the time being, even though I really like the idea of the Mastery Victory.

Is the Mastery Victory Condition Mandatory to play?

If it is not, then to be a fair, test play 2 games With Out it being activated.

It's been my eXperience with Mastery that it can cause the AI to get caught between several "paths" and look like it's stagnant. It just can't really make a good decision because each new tech and diplomacy interaction seems to pull it in a new/different direction. One of the reasons I stopped using it in all my games from Mods that employ it. Plus Afforess is no longer around to "fix" it either.

Just Sayin'. :)

JosEPh

Is the Mastery Victory Condition Mandatory to play?

If it is not, then to be a fair, test play 2 games With Out it being activated.

It's been my eXperience with Mastery that it can cause the AI to get caught between several "paths" and look like it's stagnant. It just can't really make a good decision because each new tech and diplomacy interaction seems to pull it in a new/different direction. One of the reasons I stopped using it in all my games from Mods that employ it. Plus Afforess is no longer around to "fix" it either.

Just Sayin'. :)

JosEPh

That might be a reason. Mastery is not mandatory, but would be the only reason for me to play this mod-mod. The graphics are nice but not *that* important, especially considering MMod has never been updated and is currently two versions behind K-Mod.

Top Bottom