Why was Pacal afraid of me?

Heerlo

Jedi Master Hearlo
So I've been playing a G&K game on a huge Earth map as America where I started in East Africa.Pacal is to the north and a pretty good ways off.I think he'd been guarded with me for a while, and coveted my lands.But one day he comes up and offers a DOF with me and his status is afraid.I accepted the DOF, but I went and looked at what my military advisor had to say and he says the Maya are more powerful than me.I also checked info addict and it shows me on the bottom in the military power list, and Pacal is a good ways above me.:confused:

Does anyone know what triggers this?It seemed strange that he was afraid and seemingly is more powerful than me.:lol:

He saw the future that you would destroy him and his civ and he tries to stop but it doesn't matter no one can the ferocity of the mighty warrior Heerlo.
But in all seriounous I have no idea.

I'm not quite a warrior.I am the Jedi Knight Heerlo, the Keeper of Truth!

Seriously, though, I don't know either.

It has something to do with military strength; especially if they are already at war with someone else.

It has something to do with military strength; especially if they are already at war with someone else.

But according to my military advisor and info addict they were more powerful than me.:confused:

Was he at war with someone else to the north or east? or even bordering them?

While he has the military strength, it doesn't translate well when he is also sandviched by multiple civs...

Yep, military strength. The game seems to take into account multiple Civs if war is involved (which is why it is easier to get peace deals when there are multiple Civs at war)

Yep, military strength. The game seems to take into account multiple Civs if war is involved (which is why it is easier to get peace deals when there are multiple Civs at war)

This

Also according to this, there's slightly more than a 50/50 chance that Pacal will be Afraid in any given game he is in

So it looks like this is one of those lucky games, KoreanPrez!:lol:

Pacal is one of the leaders that is more likely than others to be afraid. This sort of makes sense, since his dialogue is littered with apocalypse references. Sometimes I feel like Pacal was designed to be the "comic relief" character, and I wish they had given him more realistic dialogue rather than a bunch of thinly veiled 2012 Mayan Doomsday jokes.

Was he at war with someone else to the north or east? or even bordering them?

While he has the military strength, it doesn't translate well when he is also sandviched by multiple civs...

I'm not sure if he's at war or not, but Rome is kinda to the west of him, and China is down south, and further east is Montezuma, so maybe that's why.

Pacal is one of the leaders that is more likely than others to be afraid. This sort of makes sense, since his dialogue is littered with apocalypse references. Sometimes I feel like Pacal was designed to be the "comic relief" character, and I wish they had given him more realistic dialogue rather than a bunch of thinly veiled 2012 Mayan Doomsday jokes.

I remember the day I got G&K, Pacal was one of the first leaders I met, and he said he had to prepare for the apocalypse.That was on December 15.:lol:

Top Bottom