What are the chances of this happening?

Vendayn

Warlord
I was reading in a thread, someone's map had extreme global warming and was turning into a complete desert map. What are the chances of that? Not "how", cause if it happens, I want to find out as I play, not actually go for it. So not too many spoilers please.

I use GEM map, so dunno if that happens there...but I think it would be awesome to have the planet suddenly turn into a complete desert with "maybe" a few spots of water.

Does that actually happen?

What about the map turning into something like the ice age? Snow and ice everywhere. Or completely flooded and having just small islands? Is that kind of thing in or can happen?

I think, even if the planet only has a chance of warming up and the others aren't in (or if it even works on GEM), it be the most epic game ever. I would love to start on a normal earth, and having it be turned to all desert. It be a really hard, but fun game imo.

None, as far as I know Global Warming has been disabled since October. At least ori did that then and I haven't read of anyone re-enabling it.

aw, okay :( Any reason it was taken out? I think it be epic to be on the Earth map and then it changes to a hardcore desert planet or something. That be tons of fun :D I'd save that game and share it :D

Probably disabled due to these extremes occurring i laugh now hearing about it but i would be nearly crying having that happen

could you give me a rough estimate how bad things need to get?

Ah okay. So I just need to have uber pollution in my cities once I'm down some ages. I guess that makes sense, no spoilers needed for that :p Hopefully its still enabled...personally, I think the map changing into some hardcore desert planet is the most epic thing I've ever heard of in a mod for Civ or any game. I never played a game where a map can actually do that.

i would like to know what i should avoid in any case but it needs to be atleast 1500+ of either one or both as my record stands on like 1250 of both Air and Water polution in a single city

@Raven Destroyer

- Blackened Skies = +1000 Air Pollution
- Toxic Atmosphere = +950 Air Pollution
- Major Global Warming = +900 Air Pollution
- Major Ozone Depletion = +850 Air Pollution
- Reef Bleaching = = +800 Air Pollution
- Moderate Ozone Depletion = +750 Air Pollution
- Moderate Global Warming = +700 Air Pollution
- Heavy Smog = +650 Air Pollution
- Acid Rain = +600 Air Pollution
- Minor Ozone Depletion = +550 Air Pollution
- Minor Global Warming = +500 Air Pollution
- Smog = +450 Air Pollution
- Light Smog = +400 Air Pollution

And I am not sure the chances but on the "Global Warming" ones it has a chance to trigger the terrain changing event. And they chnage in this order.

then they are disabled as i had that in my capital like almost All of them but then again the city's that where as good as done with building had a lot of Anti Polution dudes causing it to drop to 0 and below

with Shamanism and Druidism Polution ain't a problem especially in the capital, No Building sickness and no sad faces when you guys do a rerun over Pollution make sure to circumvent the No building sickness in the Pollution pseudo-buildings as it is now silly to worry about it although early game (and i geuss also mid game) it is decent usually my biggest issues are pollution due to a lack of proper infrastructure to combat the :yuck: and :c5unhappy: but once you get things going especially when you have your mayor city's with the Spirit's alliance etc. you quickly can build all industries there as no one gives a damn

with Shamanism and Druidism Polution ain't a problem especially in the capital, No Building sickness and no sad faces when you guys do a rerun over Pollution make sure to circumvent the No building sickness in the Pollution pseudo-buildings as it is now silly to worry about it although early game (and i geuss also mid game) it is decent usually my biggest issues are pollution due to a lack of proper infrastructure to combat the :yuck: and :c5unhappy: but once you get things going especially when you have your mayor city's with the Spirit's alliance etc. you quickly can build all industries there as no one gives a damn

This only supress the unhealthy problem. Not the pollution problem. You will still have high pollution, and so, global warming and bug malus to food from Water Tiles and and -30 food malus (too low malus...)
And why only from Water Tiles?

the lowest of the chain usually get's affected the worst with Water it is usually the Sea/ocean and with Corporate Farms you get INSANE food (unsure if still the case my data of it dates back to begin december i know AGES ago :p) so Food ain't the issue either and Global warming i haven't seen yet happen

That sounds a bit extreme for something that is only very indirectly affected by player actions.

well if you do something like 4000 orso then it wouldn't be such a big thing as you should be able to build the Anti Polution guys (forgot their names :blush:) and just like your Doctor's and Cop's they can be a defend force of around 200 units (per city) :mischief:

So is global warming turned off then? I wanted to play on the earth map and see it transformed to a complete desert world :( That would be an awesome game. Kinda confused since it seems some conflicting comments.

Guess most people don't like that feature for some reason, oh well. I always like desert environments, and one day I hope in my lifetime, I can go and be a frontiersman on mars. Guess people don't like deserts though. Is there a way to turn it on if its off?

So is global warming turned off then? I wanted to play on the earth map and see it transformed to a complete desert world :( That would be an awesome game. Kinda confused since it seems some conflicting comments.

Guess most people don't like that feature for some reason, oh well. I always like desert environments, and one day I hope in my lifetime, I can go and be a frontiersman on mars. Guess people don't like deserts though. Is there a way to turn it on if its off?

I'm pretty sure if disabled at all, its only the event based global warming events and not those from the BtS base. Spark up a good ol' fashion global thermo-nuclear war and you'll have a desert on your hands for sure.

Or you could edit the Worldmap into a baked planet. With deserts, saltflats and scrub everywhere, with no ice... Could be very interesting ;)
Is PrimeOver going to add/change new types of dessert terrain?

Top Bottom