Can’t start hot seat games

JL1312

Chieftain
Recently something has happen making it impossible to start hot seat games.
During generation of the map the games either freezes during creation forcing a hard reboot or it CTDs.

I had to go back to REV 11554 to get it to work. So probably some of the changes in 11555 caused this.

Should be easy enough to reproduce. Just try setting up a hot seat with two human players. The only way I could get that to work was the two smallest map sizes. So try one of the larger ones.

I looked at the logs generated when the game crashed but it just seemed to stop at de iding starting positions. No error messages.

Recently something has happen making it impossible to start hot seat games.
During generation of the map the games either freezes during creation forcing a hard reboot or it CTDs.

I had to go back to REV 11554 to get it to work. So probably some of the changes in 11555 caused this.

Should be easy enough to reproduce. Just try setting up a hot seat with two human players. The only way I could get that to work was the two smallest map sizes. So try one of the larger ones.

I looked at the logs generated when the game crashed but it just seemed to stop at de iding starting positions. No error messages.
You might be dealing with a computer that cannot handle larger maps.

Well, as soon as I went back to 11554 it worked without issues, I now have a hotseat game running on gigantic (actually it’s even an enlarged gigantic as I edited the mapscript, c2c world, to make it even bigger).
So it’s not the mapscale causing this.

@Toffer90
Weird that you can start a hotseat though. I tried several different settings to no avail until I reverted back to 11554.
Btw, you did set it up with more than one human player?

Anyway, since I now have a functioning game running it’s a non-issue for me for the upcoming 12 months or something.
And hopefully I don’t run into the same issues when it’s time to start the next game.

Thanks for testing on your end though.

Well, as soon as I went back to 11554 it worked without issues, I now have a hotseat game running on gigantic (actually it’s even an enlarged gigantic as I edited the mapscript, c2c world, to make it even bigger).
So it’s not the mapscale causing this.

@Toffer90
Weird that you can start a hotseat though. I tried several different settings to no avail until I reverted back to 11554.
Btw, you did set it up with more than one human player?

Anyway, since I now have a functioning game running it’s a non-issue for me for the upcoming 12 months or something.
And hopefully I don’t run into the same issues when it’s time to start the next game.

Thanks for testing on your end though.

Next SVN version might fix the issue, please check after it arrive in an hour.

Next SVN version might fix the issue, please check after it arrive in an hour.
Thanks, I just saw the update and suspected that the bugfix for starting units could be related.

I’m well into my current game though so it’ll be quite a while before I get to testing this.

And thanks all for this fantastic mod

Top Bottom