Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the leader of the original Native American civ (Pluebo) was a man. I would worry not about they forcing a odd pick of leader (or civ) just to get a better male/female ratio.

Well, the leader of the original Native American civ (Publo) was a man. I would worry not about they forcing a odd pick of leader (or civ) just to get a better male/female ratio.

The leader of their original choice shared a name with a character from the Brave New World novel. I strongly suspect that's the only reason they thought of the Pueblo in the first place. If the Shoshone are in, Sacagawea is the Shoshone with the highest name recognition and is a female to boot. I would not put it past them at all to use her instead of an actual leader.

They are quoting this forum

Azazell, I do not know if it's a secret, but

"Originally Posted by Nefliqus:
According to one of polish game site two remaining civs are:
1) Venetia
2) Shoshoni "

It's already on the Civ Fanatics

I don't think it's a source actually.

Some googling led me to this forum page as the main source for now. Don't know where they got it (my Polish is limited to Pierogi...), but it seems some of the members got a press realease...

http://forums.civ.org.pl/viewtopic.php?TopicID=19411&page=16

It seems as if they suddenly found it out yesterday, if Google Translate is accurate anyway... if someone Polish could find out what this is all about, it would be good...

Seems as if Venice and the Shoshone are confirmed...

Most likely because it's getting a lot of hits right now.

The Polish forums crashed on me. Anyone else having better luck?

Well, I'm hardly a Polish linguist, but they sure are talking a lot about the "Szoszoni," or something like that, and the first mention of that word on the above-linked page seems to be a reaction of surprise, judging by the punctuation. While the first guy to note the Shoshone (though he has since redacted his post for "censorship") did have a link to that forum in his sig, I suspect the above-linked thread is just reacting to the discussion here.

(I'd rather defer, at this point, to someone who actually speaks and reads Polish :) )

I'm reading it again.

Azazell claims to have access to info, I think. I'm not sure where the Venice and Shoshone come from. Suddenly one of the other posters responded to the idea thinking it dumb (glad we aren't alone here).

It also seems that Azazell says that the final reviews will come out this week.

Yeah, he kinda pops out of nowhere and starts talking about it. There must have been a post deleted or edited along the way or something.

It also seems that Azazell says that the final reviews will come out this week.

... I dunno - This week is nearly ending, really. We would have hints by now! :lol:
Besides, the reveal of new Civilizations have always been on the same schedule - right in the middle of the month, Friday, every time!
Next week is far more likely! :p

Yeah, from what I am seeing the discussion of the Shoshone comes from nowhere.

... I dunno - This week is nearly ending, really. We would have hints by now! :lol:
Besides, the reveal of new Civilizations have always been on the same schedule - right in the middle of the month, Friday, every time!
Next week is far more likely! :p

Last month being a 5 week month may have thrown the schedule off. Plus, its would be a month before release, and the Friday before E3. Next week would be swallowed up by E3 news.

Last month being a 5 week month may have thrown the schedule off. Plus, its would be a month before release, and the Friday before E3. Next week would be swallowed up by E3 news.

Ah, forgot about the 5-weeker, but even then, it'd be bizarre to have no hints for the two civilizations - it was a great success with Sweden, Portugal and Indonesia in particular (The Zulu and Morocco was just kinda... there :lol:), why wouldn't they hint for Venice and The Shoshone? :crazyeye:

Sooo, it's supposed to be Venice and Shoshone now?
Which one of the two seems more likely to have 2 UU?
Makes me wonder if the purple civ is actually Venice, since we thought they picked purple rather then azure because the Shawnee would get a similar colour.
Could the possible Shoshone be purple and Venice might still get a decent blue/gold colour?:please:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom