Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 29th of March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please report all single player bugs and crashes from the 29th of Mar 2013 (release of v29 = SVN 5139)

To assist us in fixing the problem please include the following in your report:-
The version of c2C you are playing. this would be "the download version" or the "SVN version xxxx". (Note: SVN is the beta version for more information on how to use the SVN version see here.

If the bug involved a repeatable "Crash to Desktop" (CTD) or similar please include
  • a save and description of how to reproduce the crash
  • the MiniDump.dmp file. Itis found in your Beyond the Sword folder that contains the Mods file containing caveman2Cosmos.

If the bug includes error messages then the Python.Err file in the logs folder would be useful also. It can be found in the same location as the the Saves folder containing your save games.

A screen shot.

Basically as much information as you can that will help us find the problem​

If you saw the AI doing something stupid/unoptimal/otherwise bad make sure your BBAI logging is set to 3 in the BUG options. Then, post a savegame exhibing the behavior as well as the BBAI log, found in the Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs folder.

How to turn on logging.

In the Civ 4 INI file, located in Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword, there are some logging options. Make sure they look like this.
Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 0 

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Note: You only need to have RandLogs on if you are playing Multiplayer, otherwise just leave that off (thx Cyrusfan)

How to turn on the AI logging.

The AI logging is turned on in the BUG options screens. It is the BBAI log mentioned on the Logs page. It writes to the same folder as the other logs creating a BBAI.log file there.

I'm getting this warning after compiling with latest SVN sources.

Code:
1>CvSelectionGroupAI.cpp(445) : warning C4101: 'buffer' : unreferenced local variable

I'm getting this warning after compiling with latest SVN sources.

Code:
1>CvSelectionGroupAI.cpp(445) : warning C4101: 'buffer' : unreferenced local variable

Harmless - I moved some tracing to DBEUG only but obviously forgot to leave the buffer definition out non-debug as well

@Odessa

After getting deer resource i can build deer hunters camp (as intent), Giraffe- and Moose hunters camp (which was not intent i guess). using latest svn

This is not a bug, but a feature. Since we do not have a resource for every type of animal we have bonus animals that occur when 2 resources are near each other.

Elephants + Deer = Giraffe Hunter's Camp
Bison + Deer = Moose Hunter's Camp

@Odessa

This is not a bug, but a feature. Since we do not have a resource for every type of animal we have bonus animals that occur when 2 resources are near each other.

Elephants + Deer = Giraffe Hunter's Camp
Bison + Deer = Moose Hunter's Camp

Thx for this info Hydromancerx

I downloaded v29 and in pedia there is bug:

Civics doesn't show up in pedia.

CTD either on loading savegame or after, if i try to open the military advisor (viewports).
Or sometimes the mod wont even start at all. Its repeatable. I also started a new game, and so far everything went well.
Dont be confused about my hyperinflation, its the same game, since that nasty bug.:lol:

View attachment 346627

Revision 5145

Great persons' growth rate with developing leader / focused traits settings is not shown in city screen properly.

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 69
Dancing Hoskuld how can captives - civilian join cities <pop 6? Also what is the purpose of slave market if it does not provide anything to your city(3 settled slave have been removed)? I know it's work in progress, I'm just asking..

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 96
Dancing Hoskuld how can captives - civilian join cities <pop 6? Also what is the purpose of slave market if it does not provide anything to your city(3 settled slave have been removed)? I know it's work in progress, I'm just asking..

The last button is the "Join City" button. It shows up only on cities with less than 7 population. It adds one population to the city. These units were made from 2 population in a city you destroyed. If the city only had 1 population you have a 50% chance of getting one. They basically work the same way as the Immigrant unit.

If you have a Slave market you get double returns on selling slaves there. Or four times what you would get if you were not running slavery. It should similarly increase the :hammers: produced when you "Hurry Production".

Due to comments elsewhere I am considering making it necessary to be in a city to upgrade a captive - Military to a worker or military unit. In which case the cost to upgrade will be reduced.

Is there a different kind of way to get corn to be gathered??

No. Seed camp is the prehistoric equivalent of the Farm it upgrades to. So you need one or the other. Plus a route to the city.

Seed camp is the prehistoric equivalent of the Farm it upgrades to. So you need one or the other. Plus a route to the city.

Dang i forgot about that darn route to the city.

The last button is the "Join City" button. It shows up only on cities with less than 7 population. It adds one population to the city. These units were made from 2 population in a city you destroyed. If the city only had 1 population you have a 50% chance of getting one. They basically work the same way as the Immigrant unit.

If you have a Slave market you get double returns on selling slaves there. Or four times what you would get if you were not running slavery. It should similarly increase the :hammers: produced when you "Hurry Production".

Due to comments elsewhere I am considering making it necessary to be in a city to upgrade a captive - Military to a worker or military unit. In which case the cost to upgrade will be reduced.

No. Seed camp is the prehistoric equivalent of the Farm it upgrades to. So you need one or the other. Plus a route to the city.

It's a strong possibility that now that the free salves are gone from a slave market the AI will never construct any, since the only things it does now are (I think) invisible to the AI at the level they would need to b visible to see them when evaluating a building.

Could you either:
1) Put back ONE free slave (seems reasonable, and would be my preference); or
2) Add a non-0 AIWeight to the slave market (say 10ish should suffice)

Seed camp is the prehistoric equivalent of the Farm it upgrades to. So you need one or the other. Plus a route to the city.

Dang i forgot about that darn route to the city.

OK looked again and this time i got the "trail" included but am STILL not able to build a seed camp on the corn/jungle area?? Maybe the Jungle camp is overriding the seed camp for some reason?? (5149)

• Combat odds are sometimes calculating promotion bonuses against the unit that has them, reloading fixes this, not sure if it's just the display or if the actual combat odds are broken as well. Screenshot here.
  • "Larger cities without metropoliton administration" gameoption is still misspelled
  • Signs disappear from view one turn after they first appear or a save is loaded. Affects both signs added by the player and landmarks, not sure if event signs as well.
  • Slave market's description is outdated and the effect screen shows no beneficial effects. Cannibalism worldview is the same.
  • Most of the new wonders have no functionality, and a bunch of the new cultures lack any benefits as well. These really shouldn't go into a release version in this state.
  • Units with one movement point sometimes lost no movement when attacking, allowing them to move after combat. This is without any bonus movement terrain or roads one either the attacker's or defender's tile. EDIT: Seems to affect units with any amount of movement, not just one. Only seems to happen when attacking a stack of enemy units.

• Combat odds are sometimes calculating promotion bonuses against the unit that has them, reloading fixes this, not sure if it's just the display or if the actual combat odds are broken as well. Screenshot here.
  • "Larger cities without metropoliton administration" gameoption is still misspelled
  • Signs disappear from view one turn after they first appear or a save is loaded. Affects both signs added by the player and landmarks, not sure if event signs as well.
  • Slave market's description is outdated and the effect screen shows no beneficial effects. Cannibalism worldview is the same.
  • Most of the new wonders have no functionality, and a bunch of the new cultures lack any benefits as well. These really shouldn't go into a release version in this state.
  • Units with one movement point sometimes lost no movement when attacking, allowing them to move after combat. This is without any bonus movement terrain or roads one either the attacker's or defender's tile. EDIT: Seems to affect units with any amount of movement, not just one. Only seems to happen when attacking a stack of enemy units.

1) Fixing - although I may have accidentally broken the Italian translation when I did it.

4) Slave market I just fixed this morning (it is 11am here). I will look at the Cannibalism ones again as I thought they were fine.

5) The wonder affects are in Python which is a big problem as the AI doesn't know what to do with them. We could fix the description in the pedia by adding Help text to those buildings. That would be up to the author of the buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom