Arkham City - The Bigger One: a Mafia game by johnhughthom

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!
Arkham City

A mafia game by johnhughthom

Prologue....

Link to video.

Coolio

I'm more than happy to take up space that the host could use for something useful.

Well I suppose that jht will come out of his sleep deprivation-induced stupor and start keeping a tally before long. however, in the meantime, I am the guy with msot psots on this thread, and managed to subscribe to a game before the host put in the OP. Hell yeah. I am the best.

I'm in

Rules n' stuff​

Setup:

Unlimited sign ups, minimum of 25 players needed, more would be preferable.
Similar set up to the Capo games, each super-villain will act as a Godfather type role, with a lesser supervillain as a consigliere type role.
Batman will have a small team to assist him in cleaning up Arkham.
May be some neutral roles, dependant on numbers.
Majority of players will be goons, unaligned at the start of game, but can be recruited by super-villains.
Named roles will have their own abilities, and cannot partake in actions with aligned goons.
There will be a number of different abilities out there, so if something happens that doesn't seem right, ask me to double check but it will probably just be a combination of abilities being used on the same targets for muchos funsies.
Aligned goons can protect with three, and kill with five. Super-villains can work together and group their aligned goons with each other to make up a full team.
Unaligned goons can work with aligned goons before being recruited, but only count for half a place, ie two unaligned goons = one aligned goon.
Batman cannot recruit goons.
Only one team can win the game, so alliances will only be temporary.

General:

Standard CFC phases of 48 hour days and 24 hour nights.
Standard lynch rules, no lynch is allowed.
Batman will adjudicate in the event of a tie.
Roles will be revealed on death, but not team or alignment.
I will not WOG players, please only sign up if you have time to play, or ask to be replaced if something unexpected comes up.
Please do not quote, in full or in part, any communication from the host, whether role pms, results or answers to queries or questions.
Dead can post in thread, but no revealing of any information or results, or pushing of cases on living players beyond "I think X is scum because.....".
No limit on private communication outside the game thread. Except for the dead, who cannot pm.
Spamming Posting at night is allowed.

JoanK (I think)
MartinLuther (Nice hat!)
Takhisis (Thanks for the op!)
Dreadnought (You're welcome!)
Jarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrema (Yay!)
The Black Knigh (t!)
robbiecon (Will definitely be active!)
Darth Feather (Wrong fantasy universe!)
classical_hero (Perhaps I'll use an Ana Ivanovic picture for Vicki Vale!)
sirtommygun (No guns!)
Optical (Penguin's monocle!)
SouthernKing (I'm afraid such cheesiness is unforgivable!)
Buddhafish (Actually... this one was even cheesier!)
Askthepizzaguy (Cheesiest of the cheesy!)
choxorn (The Statman!)
Ravus Sol (Sunniest goon!)
BSmith (Not that lurky!)
Visorslash (Mr Enthusiasm!)
spaceman (A superhero who helps people make room in their closet!?)
Autolycus (Driven criminally insane from excessive hosting!?)
G3TC (Self voting is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!)
LordMhork (Welcome!)
azzaman (Run out of witty comments)

Arkham City

A mafia game by johnhughthom

Prologue, part two...

"Residents of Arkham City, I am your doctor, Hugo Strange. Your well being is my top priority, and, working with Warden Sharp, I have come up with a plan to make your incarceration, here in this wonderful facility, less of a burden.

What do you all dream of, sleeping in your bed at night? Yes, of course, freedom. Freedom, such a faraway thought. A dream. A fantasy.

Well, no longer! Tonight, I unveil the Arkham lottery, a system where the most deserving inmate will be freed. Who will decide who is most deserving?

A judge? Hah, what have the judges of Gotham ever done for any of you?

A parole panel? Even more amusing, all they care about is their figures and statistics, they don't let you out because you deserve it, because you are innocent. No, you get out when they want to pad the figures. And they call you criminals!

Perhaps, your Warden, Quincy Sharp? No, no. The warden is a busy man, constantly on the lookout for your well being and welfare. He is a man of breadth, and overall scope, not the man to find the wheat amongst the chaff.

Me, then, Doctor Hugo Strange? Alas, I wish I could free you all. For me to choose one of you, and leave the rest languishing here would be untenable.

So, who then? Who makes this choice? Why, you of course. Who else knows their fellow inmates better? You will decide who goes free, to a better life where you are not judged on past mistakes. A better life on an idyllic Caribbean island.

Keep watching Arkham TV, I will be back with more details on the Arkham lottery.

Before I go however, I would like to reassure you that the silly rumours floating around Arkham are not true. The lunatics have not taken over the asylum. Joker is safely locked away, as is Two Face and Penguin. Catwoman is in her basket. These, so called super-villains, are not in charge. I am... er, I mean of course Warden Sharp and myself are in charge.

Anyway, back to Arkham TV, and season seventeen of 'Gotham's Next Top Super-Villain', enjoy the show!"

I will play as well. In I'll probably be picking up the game soon. I think there's a deal on Steam.

Yes, buy both, only £7.50 (less than 10 euro?), they're freaking awesome. Deal ends in a few hours, I think.

In if it starts after 7 june

It will.

How different is this compared to the TWC version?

Not sure if actual question, or just elaborate innage....

It will be... bigger than the TWC, and hopefully more active. I had planned on doing a series of small games, each focusing on a different super criminal, but lost motivation when the game at TWC, focusing on The Penguin, didn't see a lot of activity. I should have seen that coming though, not many games over recent years have been that great over there. The game at the Org, focusing on The Riddler, was a lot better. I haven't decided whether the riddles mechanic I used in that game will see a return. Probably numbers dependant.

Innity innity in.

Top Bottom