American Civil War Playthrough Video

And again, whoever is playing it doesn't know how to play Civilization V! :lol:
There's nothing of much interest, though. I see nothing new...

And effin stop moving Irvin McDowell right into the middle of CSA units! :mad: :lol:

And again, whoever is playing it doesn't know how to play Civilization V! :lol:
There's nothing of much interest, though. I see nothing new...

Just mass movement of troops including putting a cannon right next to a city... Thinking more about talking than actually playing.

Turn 1 looks fun, though. I probably would have positioned to take Fairfax as well, but that counter is quite strong. Looks like I could be facing a first Bull Run as well (although a touch to the north).

Anyway, I doubt that video is particularly useful, but it's hilarious watching their asses get handed to them.

Ah gaming media at its finest. A bunch of people who don't know CiV or the American Civil War playing the American Civil war scenario in CiV. When did competence become an unreasonable expectation in the gaming media.

did you guys see that around 5:10ish, the CSA cavalry "withdrew" from his melee attack??

Spoiler :

Enemy units can "withdraw" from your melee attack at least once per turn (at least CSA Cavalry can), I don't think we've seen that before...

Does it really make sense to have two riflemen defending Fort Monroe?

I mean, it's really great that they gave the USA one city in the middle of the CSA, as actually happened, but I'd think that it'd be surrounded by Confederate troops, and in a state where you're guaranteed to lose it early.

The port in Richmond. :lol: I wonder about our education system here. These guys don't even know the basics. Who cares though they were having fun, that's what it is all about. Nice video, glad to see one in English finally.

It's somewhat defensible, just bring some troops down the river to the fort to reinforce them.

That whole thing was like watching a horror movie to me
"No, don't split your guys up like that, they'll get... Oh no... OH NO... GET THEM OUTTA THEIR BEFORE... OH S**T! SEE WHAT I TOLD YOU?!"
"Don't move your leader to the frontlines he'll- AW HELL NO, HE GOT... OW!!!"
"YOU DUMB F**K! Stop bottle necking your men you're just- yeah, that."
"Don't charge him, your beat to hell! Retreat before he- UGH. Decapitates you. like that."
It was painful.

Sooo....this video shed more light on the narrators' lack of familiarity with Civ than on the expansion itself. Playing through a scenario with little imagination that only lasts 50 turns...surely that is the last priority when picking a section of this expansion to talk about.

He may have been told to do a review of the scenario. It might not have been his choice. After all, Firaxis does want coverage of the scenario before the game gets released.

did you guys see that around 5:10ish, the CSA cavalry "withdrew" from his melee attack??

Spoiler :

Enemy units can "withdraw" from your melee attack at least once per turn (at least CSA Cavalry can), I don't think we've seen that before...

Sorry but it's not new: it's the same ability as the Incan Slingers'.

Sorry but it's not new: it's the same ability as the Incan Slingers'.

Ahh, I don't have the Inca, they're the only one I don't have.......so I guess tis new to me!

He may have been told to do a review of the scenario. It might not have been his choice. After all, Firaxis does want coverage of the scenario before the game gets released.

Yeah that doesn't change the fact that he attempted to do this when he didn't even know that you have to set up cannons to fire them or that Great Generals can't take cities.

Ahh, I don't have the Inca, they're the only one I don't have.......so I guess tis new to me!

Pick them up on a Steam sale - they're one of my favorite civs!:D

(Plus the scenario's not half bad either if you're into that sort of thing.)

I couldn't stomach watching the whole video, it was just too nauseating. I'd rather wait than look at lamebrains butchering their opportunity to play before I get to do so.

Top Bottom