Civilization IN SPACE!

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
Welcome friends to yet another delightful PBEM hosted by none other than me. After two Next War and one Planetfall games I thought it would only be logical to continue the march into an unknown future with the exquisite Final Frontier Plus mod:

For those unaware, Final Frontier Plus improved the Final Frontier mod that shipped with Beyond the Sword in practically every regard while still being essentially the same game, similar to what BtS did with Vanilla.
The premise: In the year 2302 all contact with Earth is lost without explanation and you have to take over one of her eight colonies in an attempt to survive on your own and create an interstellar empire.

You can download it here.

Update:
And the game has started! May the force be with us!

Map: Wormholes
Size: Large
Era: Isolation
Speed: Normal
Star System Quantity: Normal
Feature Density: Normal
Hostile Features: Normal
Label Wormholes: Labelling On
Order of Wormholes: Random

No Technology Brokering
Permanent Alliances
Require Complete Kills
No Pirate Experience Cap
Calculate Trade Route Paths
Troop Transports
Multiple Production
Productive Pirate Systems
Reduced Pirates

All victories enabled

Players:
Imp. Knoedel - John Richards of The Forge
Tigranes - Vladimir Korovin of Red Syndicate
Eclipse4449 - Leonard Pritchard of The Paradise
Tachywaxon - Raul Colombo of AstroTech Corporation
Hercules90 - Kenji Takeno of Halis Planned State
gpcii - Hector Alvarez of New Earth
Nighthawk419 - Lu Tianqu of The Avowers of Knowledge
kiwitt - Lukas von Rheuter of The Brotherhood

This game is run with the PBEM Tracker.

I used to play this mod a little, this can be pretty enjoyable break from historical mods. 8 human players can take us very long, perhaps we should allow for 4 humans and 4 AIs. Similar format works in tfwbtbt, with half AI-half human situations. Why don't you want AI? And what exactly is being improved by DLL replacement in your link?

Wait what? You are signed up for my RFC PBEM which could very well have over 20 players at some point and you're saying that eight humans here is too much?

I simply find it more enjoyable if every rival has their own agenda, interest and grand strategy. Also I'd kinda like this to be a roleplaying experience.

Without that DLL replacement yield bonuses from Buildings get not applied the first turn after a new save is loaded, i.e. every turn for every player in a PBEM, which would would make the Palace de facto useless and the start reaaaaallyyyyyyy slow because you don't get the 8 Commerce per turn in the capital. Also yields wouldn't get applied if you switched around the population between planets or somesuch. God-Emperor explained the problem in another thread in the FFP subforum I opened, but I'm too lazy atm to link to it.

Never mind about that, here is the post explaining why these adjustments are necessary.

So I take it you are in?

So I take it you are in?

Yes! They have that dude with a Russian last name as a leader there, I can be him, if you don't mind!

With 4 players and 4 AI game will allow for hybrid approach, best of both worlds, human-only games have their cons, because, for example, humans will never vote for your diplo victory, not to mention game will start faster and proceed faster. Just a suggestion...

Author makes it sound simple but no fewer than 6 files have to be replaced by ALL players in order for us to have the same copy. I usually post starting situation for all the players to try before they will be able to commit. I suggest you to do the same, fellow Space Host!

EDIT: The game crashes with the new dll -- crash report names dll as a fault module :( Should wait for installer I guess...

Yep, apparently TC-01 will put it together and upload it as version 1.82 shortly anyway.

Alrighty then, we play will play with version 1.82/83 (they are functionally identical except that the latter comes with an installer)
That is, if there were people actually joining. :cry:

Do you want me? I am starting to fume from my ears waiting in my own PBEM. I didn't play the modmod, but I did play the mod made by Satan.

Unfortunately this particular game may add some fume rather than defuse it. It will take some time until 1.82 will be ready. I did all the steps linked to by Knoedel and game crashed because of DLL...

Spoiler :
But please check your PMs ;)

Do you want me? I am starting to fume from my ears waiting in my own PBEM. I didn't play the modmod, but I did play the mod made by Satan.

Alright, you are in! Any civ preferences?

Alrighty then, we play will play with version 1.82/83 (they are functionally identical except that the latter comes with an installer)
That is, if there were people actually joining. :cry:

Be Patient

Well that sounds like Hell!

While we are waiting for this: Knoedel, did you actually manage to run the game? I think mine is still bugged at city screen...

Jup, the problem´s with you. I have spent several hours playing a PBEM/hotseat game against myself before I opened this thread to verify it´s playability.

Have you tried launching it as administrator?

I guess lets just wait for installer, I will erase old version and get a fresh instull, that must work always...

Sure, welcome on board gpcii! Download the latest version, skim through the Civilopedia and play a game or two. If you find any bugs it is imperative that you notify the creators of it ASAP, they are currently polishing the version we are going to use for the PBEM and I´d rather have it as smoothly running as possible.
Feel also free to call dibs on a faction you like, the only one that´s already taken is the Red Syndicate by Tigranes.

Ok I looked at the vanilla SP before and wasn't that excited, but if it is improved and MP am willing to give it a go.

Excellent! That´s 6/8 players now!

Is everyone content so far with the settings I proposed?

I would recommend going with Normal everything, no particular reason why it should be dense or sparse.

Top Bottom