New Unit : Ariete Roman (Italian) Main Battle Tank

Boulboulgadol

Gadol as my tanks barrels
Hi guys !

Here it is.
This is the Italian (Roman in Civ3) Ariete main battle tank.

I think this is just a flavor unit for the Roman Modern Armor, and it should use similar stats.

Here is the Preview :
(Default, Fidget, Default, Run, Default, Fortify, Attack, Default, Attack, Death)

As always (for those who know my work), I have to add some more personal sounds. Here I just modified existing ones to fit the animations. But I'm not really good at this :D

This zip includes FLC's, ini file, and pedia entries/icons.

The pedia entries contains some options you could want to apply on this tank, so just delete what doesn't fit your stats.

Have Fun !

Ariete_V1.1.zip
(With fixed INI file)

Just say he had some backup ! :D

Plus, were're supposed to play in modern times, here. I did it to have something original, as we know there're many mechanised vehicles able to launch anti-armor missiles.

Originally posted by Kal-el
that looks real nice, but does the death have to have a missile in it? What if the tank gets killed by a Spearman?

Err...humm... How about if missile is a spear with explosives wrapped on it!?:crazyeye:

Grrreat unit! Thanks Boulbolgadol! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Kal-el
that looks real nice, but does the death have to have a missile in it? What if the tank gets killed by a Spearman?

The way I see it is symbolic. A unit wouldn't just have those weapons systems in it in reality that it's named for but is comprehensive and is built around the namesake of the unit. So while a modern infantry might be named that, and the core would have m16s, there would be AT combat troops, or mortar troops. catch my drift?

So being in the modern age i guess the spearman would pick up an RPG or something but it would still be built around the spearman as the main unit.

Oki.
I know I'm gonna regret to ask that, but are some of you so disturbed about th missile that you would like me to change it (by a regular shell, or even nothing at all) ?

Are the other anims ok for you all ?

Do you need a drink ?

Everything's ok ? :)

Im not the slightest disturbed, I like it the way it is:D
And whats next??

The other animations are great. I would just like an alternate death without the missile. That way, if people want to use the missile they can, but so this tank fits in with the rest of the crowd and so there aren't any wierd inconsistancies with what is actually killing the tank I personally would like a death without the missile.

The missile death looks great, don't get me wrong, and I love how you give each of your animations a bit of flare and personality, but I just wish they also had a simpler optional animation to go along with them. Sort of like when you had the flag popping out of that other tank for the victory animation. In that situation it sort of limits the use of the tank unless you set the ini to not play the victory animation at all.

Originally posted by Boulboulgadol
Oki.
I know I'm gonna regret to ask that, but are some of you so disturbed about th missile that you would like me to change it (by a regular shell, or even nothing at all) ?

Are the other anims ok for you all ?
NO, delte missle plz

Do you need a drink ?
YES

Everything's ok ? :)

Originally posted by Steph
For the spearman vs tank, why don't you replace the bomb falling on the tank by a big spear falling on the tank? It will be a lot more reallistic this way.

Yeah ! GREAT playability !
When you fight a spearman, you save, exit the game, then replace the actual death anim by the new one. Then, you can make the turn fully realistic ! And after that, you change back the FLC again ! And with no waste of time at all !! Good idea ! I'm on my work ! :D

Anyway, I'll make a missile free anim next week. I know that kind of anim can be boring in the long run. Everybody will be happy that way. After all, making everybody's game better is the actual goal of unit makers.

And I don't know what next. Certainly not a human based unit. I don't have the time for (and certainly the scales too :D), so I'll make another mech unit. I have an idea, but you'll know in time.

Thanks for the comments

Love the glorius death scene...
everythings OK;)
but do check the INI.file though, you have some wrong file names in it...:goodjob:

Top Bottom