New unit: Duelist (nov 28, 2013)

ruby_sauce

Outside the box
UPDATE (dec. 1, 2013): Alt version added!

Unit is game tested

previews:

Run at better speeds ingame!
(run - default - fidget - default - fortify - attackA - attackB - victory - fortify - attackB - death)

A duelist unit. The sword is Bjornlo's and I felt like it belonged on a unit like this. I was going for sort of a fencer feel, but not completely.

Big preview window, I know... But I hate the thought of not seeing the complete sword during animations in some directions so I just use the 240x240 setup. I can only do 240x240 and 100x100 so yea.

Sounds included!

enjoy!

Download HERE

Alt version

I made an alternate version, on request of Blue_Monkey. I figured since its really easy for me to do (I have the model and animations already... Even the palette!)

So, here it is! only change is no cape and the arm-trim isnt red, its civ-colored.

Download HERE

Last edited:
I really like it. Looks like it could easily serve as a King unit, but I think the first thing I can slot it into is an Industrial Age or Modern Era animation upgrade for a Swordsman or Foot Knight unit.

People always request alternative versions of well-done units, so forgive me & feel perfectly free to ignore this. A version without the cape would be a useful addition. Reminiscent of the fencing fraternities in Heidelberg. Perhaps the civ-color could then be on the arm & edge-trim of the jacket. Or not.

Definitely a fine unit.

Well seeing how easy for me it would be, and how hard for you it would be to make such a thing, I decided to just do it.. So enjoy :)

Awesome Ruby! I'm guessing Civ III probably has the most complete and diverse units database of any of the civ games at this point. :goodjob:

Top Bottom