RIGGED: Faction Brainstorming

dragonprobably

The Poster Formerly Known as MartinLuther
In June of 2013, SonicTH made an IOT called RIGGED (Realities Intertwined, Good Guys, and Evil Doers.) The point of the IOT was to combine 2 completely different franchises and travel through space. Although this mod is a bit different, it won't have the same factions as the IOT (excluding one) and it won't be about space travel, but random map generation (unless you guys want me to make a pre-made map.) I started this thread to brainstorm ideas for factions. You can come up with as many factions as you like. If I like an idea for a faction I'll add it to the mod. I'd like a full 31 civs, for variety.

Here are some rules for making a faction:

1. Don't use a franchise I already added.
2. You can only have two franchises to add for your factions.
3. Don't PM me your ideas, post them here, for all to see.
4. No religions or ideologies for your franchises.
5. No mods for your franchises.
6. Nothing too obscure for your franchise (example: For my franchises I choose Harry's War and When the Bough Breaks.)
7. Leave a Wikipedia, IMDB, or TV Tropes page for the franchises your using.
8. Don't use movies/games/etc. that combine 2 or franchises for one of your franchises (example: For my franchises I choose Marvel vs Capcom and Foodfight.)
9. No fanworks.
10. No adding two very similar franchises (example: I combine The Simpsons and Family Guy.)
11. Most importantly don't complain when I don't add your faction.

Completed Factions:

Spoiler :
The Intergalactic Empire:

Franchises: Star Wars and Star Trek.
Created by: MartinLuther.
Backstory (in a nutshell): The Galaxy from Star Wars and our Galaxy had contact for many years, so many that the all the alien species of our galaxy were part of their Republic. When the Republic became an Empire, so did we.

The Eagleland Enclave:

Franchises: EarthBound and Fallout.
Backstory (in a nutshell): Giygas won against Ness and his friends and placed Mani Mani Statues in all the Capitals of the world. After doing that, he makes all the nations of the world nuke each other.

The Sauronnis:

Franchises: The Lord of the Rings and The Godfather.
Backstory (in a nutshell): The Sauronnis (a minor crime family in Middle York.) create an all powerful ring to destroy the 5 Major Crime Families (The Elfinis, The Dwarvolis, The Gondoronis, The Hobbitinnis, and The Rohannis.)

Solemp:

Franchises: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Nineteen Eighty-Four.
Created by: MartinLuther. (Special thanks to Terran Emperor for coming up with the name.)
Backstory (in a nutshell): Celestia sets up a totalitarian dictatorship to have complete control over her subjects.
Sidenote: We DO NOT talk about this faction in this thread. End of discussion. If there is something so urgent you need to tell me, PM it to me.

Human Coalition:

Franchises: Mass Effect and X-COM.
Created by: Omega124.
Backstory (in a nutshell): Earth was invaded by the multi-species Ethereal Empire in 2015 AD. Reverse engineering their technology, humanity successfully fights the invaders off, but not before being warned about a mysterious, ancient threat in the universe by the invaders. Then, decades later, humans, now capable of space flight, rocks the Citadel's (a union of multiple alien species) balance by bringing advanced plasma weaponry and other Elerium-based technologies never before seen by any established alien power

Kanto Empire:

Franchises: Pokemon and Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm.
Created by: Omega124
Backstory (in a nutshell): Japan won WWII with Pokemon.

UEDSC:

Franchises: StarCraft and Halo.
Created by: Terran Emperor.
Backstory (in a nutshell): An alliance between the Spartans and the Terran.

The Rogue Federation:

Franchises: Dwarf Fortress and FTL: Faster Than Light.
Created by: Ailedhoo.
Backstory (in a nutshell): The Galactic Federation from FTL lands on the Dwarf Fortress Planet.

UNDERNIT:

Franchises: Alpha Centauri and Tropico.
Created by: Ailedhoo.
Backstory (in a nutshell): Tropico colonizes Alpha Centauri.

GREYHOUND:

Franchises: Team Fortress 2 and Metal Gear Solid.
Created by: Omega124.
Backstory (in a nutshell): Gray Mann takes over FOXHOUND and is successful in killing Solid Snake. After doing so, he nukes DC and places his robot spies as the leaders of USA.

Robotniknight's Templar:

Franchises: Sonic the Hedgehog and Assassin's Creed.
Created by: SonicTH.
Backstory (in a nutshell): After making an alliance with the templars, Eggman used Knuckles's genetic memory to find ancient technologies to create a modern day empire.

Maj8:

Franchises: Deus Ex and Super Mario Bros.
Created by: Civ'ed
Backstory (in a nutshell): Mushroom Kingdom is completely controlled by Toadsworth and the 8 different worlds.

Imperium of Hyrule:

Franchises: The Legend of Zelda and Warhammer 40,000.
Created by: MartinLuther. (thanks to Omega124 for helping me out with this.)
Backstory (in a nutshell): One of the many Princess Zeldas in the Legend of Zelda timeline goes crazy and becomes a tyrant. She uses magic to extend her life and kills Ganon once and for all. After a while, the Hylians take to the stars.

Fast & Führerious:

Franchises: Downfall and The Fast & Furious.
Created by: Thorvald of Lym
Backstory (in a nutshell): Hitler lost his access to government resources and now has to use gang violence to stop the Bolsheviks.

Gizmonic Squad:

Franchises: Hong Kong 97 and Mystery Science Theater 3000
Backstory (in a nutshell): The Chinese Military, fresh out of ideas for new military weapons, hires an American science institute called Gizmonic Institute to come over to China and think of new ideas for them. China gives them control over a small portion of the Chinese Military, which they can use for their own use. The institute having no clue what to do, isolates a team of Chinese scientists in an abandoned theater with nothing but B-Movies. The scientist come up with weapons based off the movies they watched.

Wily Union:

Franchises: Mega Man and Red Alert
Created by: MartinLuther
Backstory (in a nutshell): The Soviet Union, knowing they'll lose the war with the allies, hires a German Robotics Genius to help them improve their military.

Needs a backstory:

Spoiler :
Aperture Space Travel:

Franchises: Portal and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The Pepperlords:

Franchises: Doctor Who and Yellow Submarine.

Società di Cuitiliú:

Franchises: The Works of Edgar Allen Poe (mostly The Masque of the Red Death and and The Cask of Amontillado) and The Works of HP Lovecraft (mostly the Cthulhu Mythos.)

Rabbit Hole Pirates:

Franchises: Alice in Wonderland and Metroid.

Needs a name:

Spoiler :
Franchises: The works of Quentin Tarantino and The works of William Shakespeare.
Backstory (in a nutshell): Instead of signing the Magna Carta, King John was assassinated by a group of actors, making Britain very violent and pop-culture obsessed.

Franchises: Adventure Time and Saints Row.
Backstory (in a nutshell): Princess Bubblegum gets assassinated, leading to massive crime in the Candy Kingdom.

Franchises: Steampunk and Breaking Bad.
Backstory (in a nutshell): Professor White, a professor of botany at Oxford, decides to sell opium in China in order to make a little extra cash.

Might not make it in the final product:

Spoiler :
Walltown:

Franchises: The Nightmare Before Christmas and Pink Floyd - The Wall.
Backstory (in a nutshell): The inhabitants of Halloweentown exterminate all who are not terrifying enough to be in their town.

Terror Unlimited:

Franchises: Dungeons & Dragons and War on Terror.
Backstory (in a nutshell): Needs a backstory.

Needs a name:

Franchises: Batman and Hellraiser.
Backstory (in a nutshell): Joker finds the Lemarchand's box and disfigures and changes the mindset of innocent civilians.

Black Mesa Foundation:

Franchises: Half-Life and SCP Foundation.
Backstory (in a nutshell): Needs a backstory.

Note: If you can think of a better backstory for any of these factions or can come up with one that isn't there, please share your idea!

I actually have no real clue about the Assassin's Creed lore... I threw that out mostly as a joke given that Sonic and Ezio share a voice actor. I do know there's virtual reality in AC, however, so I can see Eggman possibly using that for malicious purposes.

This is an interesting concept overall though and I'm eager to see what you come up with!

I actually have no real clue about the Assassin's Creed lore...

Link to video.

I do know there's virtual reality in AC, however, so I can see Eggman possibly using that for malicious purposes.

So far so good, I just need some more backstory, and we're done for Sonic.

The Browncoats from the Firefly series would be a really cool faction.

Firefly - Browncoats

I agree, but you have to combine two different franchises. Like let's say Plan 9 from Outer Space and Gigli.

Im still very partial to the Terran Empire from RIGGED, which was my nation.

Which was a combo of Mirror Universe Star Trek and Star Craft

Terran Empire

Im still very partial to the Terran Empire from RIGGED, which was my nation.

Which was a combo of Mirror Universe Star Trek and Star Craft

Terran Empire

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't let you do that. I'm already using Star Trek. Still a cool faction, though.

Drat, everything I'm drawing right now involves Downfall Parodies, and presumably that falls under 'fanworks'.

Well that's the thing, the parody 'canon' has grown so absurd that you can pair it off with pretty much anything. Although for the purposes of this game, probably one of the more viable partnerships would be with the Fast & Furious franchise: Dolfy and Co. wage their war through the modern criminal underground.

Not-so-coincidentally, there's a video illustrating this very subject that I can PM you if it sounds remotely interesting.

Well that's the thing, the parody 'canon' has grown so absurd that you can pair it off with pretty much anything. Although for the purposes of this game, probably one of the more viable partnerships would be with the Fast & Furious franchise: Dolfy and Co. wage their war through the modern criminal underground.

Not-so-coincidentally, there's a video illustrating this very subject that I can PM you if it sounds remotely interesting.

Sounds Good.

I got two ideas. One combination that's really good, but not my own idea, and one that is but is extremely weird :p

Name: Human Coalition
Franchises: Mass Effect and XCOM
Created by: Omega
Backstory (in a nutshell): Earth was invaded by the multi-species Ethereal Empire in 2015 AD. Reverse engineering their technology, humanity successfully fights the invaders off, but not before being warned about a mysterious, ancient threat in the universe by the invaders. Then, decades later, humans, now capable of space flight, rocks the Citadel's (a union of multiple alien species) balance by bringing advanced plasma weaponry and other Elerium-based technologies never before seen by any established alien power

Presumably, this civ would focus on the humans, blending technology from both XCOM and Mass Effect. The civ would include both Elerium-derived technology and psionics from XCOM, and element zero-derived technology and biotics from Mass Effect. The two franchises, both being games derived from human interaction with alien civilizations, give different perspectives that would be interesting to combine, while also being very similar that such a combination doesn't look out of place.

---

Name: Kanto Empire
Franchises: Pokémon and RO2: Rising Storm (Alternatively, Rising Storm could be replaced with CoD: World at War if you want to include its Zombies spin-off's lore in the backstory. Any Pacific Front game would really do.)
Backstory (in a nutshell): August 6, 1945. The success of the Trinity project leads President Truman to, after much internal conflict, to order the nuking of Hiroshima. A lone B-29 heads towards the vital port city, ready to drop its show of force that would end the destructive world war that plagued the Earth for almost a decade. As the city came close, and the time ticked to finally drop the bomb, the pilot of the B-29 could hear a roar, but strangely unlike any engine he has ever heard of. Quickly turning around, he noticed no Japanese planes were on his six. Chalking it up to his mind, the pilot continued his course, eyes set on his mission. A few seconds later, his entire plane caught on fire. The pilot never even knew what happened, dying within seconds. Flying away from the burning wreck was an orange dragon, dubbed "Lizardon" (OOC: Charizard for those unfamiliar with the Japanese names) by the Japanese. The result of a top-secret Japanese nuclear program unknown to the Allies, the Japanese used nuclear radiation to mutate animals into killing machines. With Japan's plot now finished, these animals were used in a counter-offensive against both the Americans, British and the Chinese. By 1948, Japan dominated the entire Pacific, with the Rising Sun being flown in the scarred cityscapes of Los Angeles and Sydney. Japan, while hated by the rest of the world, became the world's sole superpower.

This civ would combine the traditional deception of the Japanese Empire during WWII, but add Pokémon to the mix. Charizard could, as deceptied above, serve as an interceptor. Pikachu could be an anti-infantry unit, designed to chain-shock those who oppose the Emperor. Gyarados would be a super submarine, ready to wreck enemy navies. Really, the possibilities with this one is limited only by the unit types we need these monsters to serve.

(If this is used, I would highly suggest making the Japanese Pokémon names their official ones, while the English names are their nicknames given by American and British forces. Also, including all 700+ might be a hassle, so I would limit it to maybe just the original 151 or maybe the first 251. I definitely would not use anything past Gen IV, since V takes place in not-New York while VI takes place in not-France.)

By the by, what's the scope of this mod? I aimed for a faction that I know can make ready use of the downloads database.

Pokémon and RO2: Rising Storm
Hilarious coincidence: e350tb writes an on-and-off serial where on the eve of Barbarossa, the Soviet Union is suddenly swapped for the Pokémon universe. He actually treats it with a fairly straight (read: bloody) face.

UEDSC (United Earth Directorate Space Command )

Franchises:

&

Backstory: The UEDSC had just finished quashing the rebellion on Reach and had just rediscovered the Koprulu sector, where a long lost human colony ship was sent many years ago. To find that the inhabitants of the Koprulu sector not only survived, but thrived, and that is when the Covenant attacked. After annexing the Terran Dominion the UEDSC found itself fighting a war on two fronts. One against the Covenant at Reach, and One against the Protoss in the Koprulu Sector, and things were about to turn a whole lot worse. When the Covenant and the Protoss found each other they quickly united, with the Protoss taking over the roll of the Sangheili in the Covenant, and with the Discovery of the first Halo Array in the Korprulu sector and the awaking and later the unification of the Zerg Swarm and the Flood.

Only because of the Spartan Program, Spartan John-117, and with the help of the demoted Shangheili and their leader the Arbiter, were the Terrans able to fight back and destroy the forces of the Covenant and Zerg Flood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Name

Franchises:

&

Backstory:
Spoilery so if you havent played bastion all the way through dont open the spoiler, you have been warned, I am not liable if you open the spoiler and are in fact spoiled.
Spoiler :
After the Arstozkan-Kolechian war, the Arstozkan's created a device in order to get rid of the Kolechian's once and for all, when it was activated, well lets just assume something along the lines of the Calamity from Bastion

Alternatively, and not spoilery

After the Ura-Caelondian War, the Caelondian's have taken half of a very tiny area of land, and have set up an immigration checkpoint at the boarder of Ura-Caelondian territory :p

Martin you are free to chose the backstory you prefer. Also go play bastion if you haven't.

Also I just want to say, i really like Omega's Human Coalition Idea

So far so good, I just need some more backstory, and we're done for Sonic.

I assume Eggman kidnapped Knuckles, strapped him into one of those nifty memory-reading machines, and was able to use such to find out where all sorts of ancient technologies were hidden; the echidnas have no shortage of great power sources or devastating war technologies, after all. Tapping them has just become difficult due to them all being dead.

He was able to use such to build himself an empire in the present day, that while still held in check by the heroes prior to RIGGED is nonetheless fairly potent.

His faction possibly has the Templars as henchman because who doesn't love a spot of world domination? Alliances work out just fine right until the moment of triumph is at hand! They likely supplied him with the memory-reading technology and were encountered by chance through a dimensional anomaly; I assume Templars would be interested in any sort of ancient superweapon, no matter which world it's from.

I might consider Dwarf Fortress and Faster Than Light to forge a rouge experience.

The respected wikis: DF and FTL.

I also recommended two Something Awful Lets Plays for those unfamiliar: Boatmurdered for DF and for FTL a video.

Now... on with the...

The Rouge Federation

The once mighty Galactic Federation shrank and lessened by method of a bloody civil war with a power rebellious force, whose usage of drone warfare and diplomatic ploys with the races of the Federation allowed for a great weakening of the federal government. Indeed the Galactic Federation has retreated most of its forces to a single sector. Yet the rebels were not unbeatable...

Spoiler what happened :
Eventaully a single vessel and its crew manages to deliver vital information to the main Federal base, resulting in the mission of taking down the Rebel flagship. O and durning the way to the "Last Stand" the crew manage to make contact with a forgotten species: the Crystals. This is presuming they survived the journey and had the right roll dices for the Crystal recruitment events.

Although the rebellion was eventually crushed the Galatic Federation suffered too much to handle. The weakened power had indeed faced with a greater threat than the rebels; a lose of sovereign dominion. The once powerful force had faced itself a fallen power, that would struggle to rebuild. Death was not to be ultimate however for the dissolving the federation came with a voluntary arrangement that saw a successor. Yet the Second Galatic Federation itself would fall into nothingness as a second great civil conflict was possible to emerge... yet things were not be...

During this time a vessel discovered a world larger and more lively than other worlds in the Federation. A quick scan (thanks to the slug's psyche senses) showed the planet had intelligent live. Yet the investigation team of 4 veterans, a mantis, a rockman, a slug and a human, were not to return to the ship. It came clear the world was dangerous, filled of aggressive beasts, larger than could be though monsters, bronze collosues and... civilizations most unusual.

Humans had somehow settled on this world but they in a Medeival status...

Then there were the elves, who on first signting were keen looked at for their guardianship of the woods... till it was discovered the cruelities they would act on those who hurt woods, including cannibalism.

There was also goblins, whom were more vicius than even the mantis.

But then... there were the dwarfs, who would make up the venture's lost.

The Dwarfs had developed civilizations of booze and industry. They were quite adventures, creating fortresses to use as foundational holds for mining and other harvesting operations. This often came with danger. From the surface they faced goblins desiring to seize their fortress (plus children), elves angry about being offered wood, humans supicius about their missing merchant, other dwarfs often through a berserk state, wonderinb monsters such as the minotaur, titans, the undead and "the kings of the beasts" such as unicorns, giant dingoes and giant sponges. They also faced dangers from digging to the underground, such as giant spiders, forgotten beasts and fire imps. Some even were said to have... "reached the bottom." The truth?

Spoiler the truth? :
THEY DUG TO HELL AND RELEASED DEMONS! Although still better chance a demon than a giant sponge... especially a skeletal giant sponge.

Anyway the Federation made attempts to bring the world under their dominion, managing to get the humans on the planet to join voluntary and convinced the dwarfs through promises of more worlds to dig in. They also manage to "pursued" the elves to accept federal dominion and managed (through the martial strengths of both the mantis and rockmen) to convince even the evil bend goblins to agree. Even the kobolds, a endangered species, were placed into federal care.

Of course the world itself would have a special status in the federation; it was litarally caterogorised as "untameable" with fears of the dreaded necromancers and beats of the night that lurked on the world.

Eventually the federation in its decline took a new face inspired by the dwarfs; of a renewed and industry. Hence the now "Rouge Federation" was forged.

Humanity's dominion in the federation declined even with the humans from the dwarf's home world as the other species began a grow. The dwarfs found themselves a perticully powerful pace for their industry and commitment to adventure, becoming friends with the mechanical engi and the warrior rockmen, while the slugs found another species to greedily exploit trade with. The zolten found the elves unusual and a raiser of ethical debate. The goblins found comradeship with the violent mantises, while the crystal isolation were interrupted only by complaint of kobold thievery.

In the end the universe was to face a new series of dangers: the Rouge Federation.

Make Up

The Rouge Federation is made up of the following species: crystals, dwarfs, elves, engi, goblins, humans, kobold, mantis, slugs, rockmen and zoltan.

Crystalmen: the second most rarest species, they are a subset of the rockmen whom who rejected their species' violent ways long ago. Isolative they are known for their power to "lockdown" (cover a room in crystals, to keep the doors shut...) as well the similar physical skills to the rockmen and a reduced suffocation damage, although they are slow and lack the rockmen's fire resistance.

Dwarf: "intelligent" alcohol-dependent, industry focused humanoids. They tend to live in mountain fortress, evident in their skills in mining, metal working, masonry and other applications of craftsmanship. Renewed traders, with friendly relations with the humans, a so-so relation with the hippies elves and a hostility towards the baby saving snatching goblins. Are able to enter a martial trance when facing multiple enemies to the determent of said enemies. Are also prone to berserk against their own comrades, especially if denied alcohol.

Elves: medium sized creatures with a bizarre commitment to trees. Known to get aggressive to any who try to trade them wood. Known to consume the flesh of other species and their own kin. Often hated, with the notable expectation of the elven king of dwarfs; Cacame Awemedinade. (warning: language)

Engi: a mysterious mechanical whose bodies are made from trillions of nanomachines and who process excellent engineering skills. Not as rugged for combat as other species. Despite being mostly made up of nanobots, Engis can still suffocate and die from lack of oxygen. The many scientific anomalies of the Engi have confused and sparked debate between human scientists for years, as they argue incessantly over whether the Engi are actual organisms, or sentient machines.

Goblins: intelligent, evil aggressors that live in mountains and are the main opponent of the dwarfs. Infamous for kidnapping the children of other races, whom they bring us as goblins. Known to recruit trolls, cave crocodiles, cave dragons and other beasts for sieges. That said they can often claim to have merciful aspect, such as saving dwarfen children from the fates of the dwarf fortresses and the sieges could be argued to be a method of mass killing to avoid the more horrific fates the dwarfs may suffer, especially from the underground.

Humans: was the most common species in the federation. Process no special abilities nor weaknesses, whiletheir medieval counterparts are known for their siege tactics.

Kobolds: a endangered thievish species.

Mantis: a vicious, destructive, opportunistic warrior race. While humans and most other species have manufactured handheld weaponry to utilize in combat, the Mantis usually default to their agility, and sharpened exoskeleton appendages to tear through their enemies, and their skill as warriors goes almost unchallenged in 1v1 combat. The Mantis also possess extremely acidic saliva which can burn through flesh and melt most metal alloys.

Slugs: the third rarest species. Native to a nebula system their eyes are underdeveloped, instead "seeing" through method of evolving unique psychic abilities. While not as aggressive as the Rockmen or the Mantis, Slugs are very, very greedy, and are known to prey upon ships that wander into their home systems, as well as resort to piracy in other systems.

Rockman: as hard and rugged as solid rock the warrior rockmen. Tend not to be adventurers, desiring to stay in their own borders but there are plenty of expectations. They are fire immune and strong but slow.

Zoltan: an enlightened species who are close allies of the engi. Their bodies composed of pure, harnessable energy that they often use to help power ship systems. This has influence their engineering, allowing for the development of special shields that can absorb damage, abet till it receives enough pummelling to vanish. They are a peaceful species, not physical suited for combat.

Note: the game FTL did not give much info on the political system of the Federation but it is quite quasi federal (more or less), while the feudalism of the dwarfs and their fellow Medieval species have to be considered.

Spoiler side rant :
7. Leave a Wikipedia, IMDB, or TV Tropes

Can we avoid linkage to the bolded please? It be best to tribute, not to... insult then by losing a failing of a site. This, this, this and this (warning; language in the two latter) can all explain better than I can but basically I would recommend not linking to it.

By the by, what's the scope of this mod? I aimed for a faction that I know can make ready use of the downloads database.

The focus of the mod is... I don't really know. I'm going to start off using placeholder units, then start making units (once I get Poser.)

On another note, are you going to send me that Hitler Rant Parody?

Hilarious coincidence: e350tb writes an on-and-off serial where on the eve of Barbarossa, the Soviet Union is suddenly swapped for the Pokémon universe. He actually treats it with a fairly straight (read: bloody) face.

:lmao:

Name: Human Coalition
Franchises: Mass Effect and XCOM
Created by: Omega

Presumably, this civ would focus on the humans, blending technology from both XCOM and Mass Effect. The civ would include both Elerium-derived technology and psionics from XCOM, and element zero-derived technology and biotics from Mass Effect. The two franchises, both being games derived from human interaction with alien civilizations, give different perspectives that would be interesting to combine, while also being very similar that such a combination doesn't look out of place.

Sounds good.

Name: Kanto Empire
Franchises: Pokémon and RO2: Rising Storm (Alternatively, Rising Storm could be replaced with CoD: World at War if you want to include its Zombies spin-off's lore in the backstory. Any Pacific Front game would really do.)
Backstory (in a nutshell): August 6, 1945. The success of the Trinity project leads President Truman to, after much internal conflict, to order the nuking of Hiroshima. A lone B-29 heads towards the vital port city, ready to drop its show of force that would end the destructive world war that plagued the Earth for almost a decade. As the city came close, and the time ticked to finally drop the bomb, the pilot of the B-29 could hear a roar, but strangely unlike any engine he has ever heard of. Quickly turning around, he noticed no Japanese planes were on his six. Chalking it up to his mind, the pilot continued his course, eyes set on his mission. A few seconds later, his entire plane caught on fire. The pilot never even knew what happened, dying within seconds. Flying away from the burning wreck was an orange dragon, dubbed "Lizardon" (OOC: Charizard for those unfamiliar with the Japanese names) by the Japanese. The result of a top-secret Japanese nuclear program unknown to the Allies, the Japanese used nuclear radiation to mutate animals into killing machines. With Japan's plot now finished, these animals were used in a counter-offensive against both the Americans, British and the Chinese. By 1948, Japan dominated the entire Pacific, with the Rising Sun being flown in the scarred cityscapes of Los Angeles and Sydney. Japan, while hated by the rest of the world, became the world's sole superpower.

This civ would combine the traditional deception of the Japanese Empire during WWII, but add Pokémon to the mix. Charizard could, as deceptied above, serve as an interceptor. Pikachu could be an anti-infantry unit, designed to chain-shock those who oppose the Emperor. Gyarados would be a super submarine, ready to wreck enemy navies. Really, the possibilities with this one is limited only by the unit types we need these monsters to serve.

:lol: That's pretty funny. I like it. I have an idea. How about a Missingno Bomb. Much more powerful than an atomic bomb and destroys all reality within its blast range.

UEDSC (United Earth Directorate Space Command )

Franchises:

&

Backstory: The UEDSC had just finished quashing the rebellion on Reach and had just rediscovered the Koprulu sector, where a long lost human colony ship was sent many years ago. To find that the inhabitants of the Koprulu sector not only survived, but thrived, and that is when the Covenant attacked. After annexing the Terran Dominion the UEDSC found itself fighting a war on two fronts. One against the Covenant at Reach, and One against the Protoss in the Koprulu Sector, and things were about to turn a whole lot worse. When the Covenant and the Protoss found each other they quickly united, with the Protoss taking over the roll of the Sangheili in the Covenant, and with the Discovery of the first Halo Array in the Korprulu sector and the awaking and later the unification of the Zerg Swarm and the Flood.

Only because of the Spartan Program, Spartan John-117, and with the help of the demoted Shangheili and their leader the Arbiter, were the Terrans able to fight back and destroy the forces of the Covenant and Zerg Flood.

Nice. I could easily use WH40K Units for the Halo units.

Working Name

Franchises:

&

Backstory:
Spoilery so if you havent played bastion all the way through dont open the spoiler, you have been warned, I am not liable if you open the spoiler and are in fact spoiled.
Spoiler :
After the Arstozkan-Kolechian war, the Arstozkan's created a device in order to get rid of the Kolechian's once and for all, when it was activated, well lets just assume something along the lines of the Calamity from Bastion

Alternatively, and not spoilery

After the Ura-Caelondian War, the Caelondian's have taken half of a very tiny area of land, and have set up an immigration checkpoint at the boarder of Ura-Caelondian territory :p

Alright, this needs more explanation, I don't understand.

I assume Eggman kidnapped Knuckles, strapped him into one of those nifty memory-reading machines, and was able to use such to find out where all sorts of ancient technologies were hidden; the echidnas have no shortage of great power sources or devastating war technologies, after all. Tapping them has just become difficult due to them all being dead.

He was able to use such to build himself an empire in the present day, that while still held in check by the heroes prior to RIGGED is nonetheless fairly potent.

His faction possibly has the Templars as henchman because who doesn't love a spot of world domination? Alliances work out just fine right until the moment of triumph is at hand! They likely supplied him with the memory-reading technology and were encountered by chance through a dimensional anomaly; I assume Templars would be interested in any sort of ancient superweapon, no matter which world it's from.

Sounds Good.

I might consider Dwarf Fortress and Faster Than Light to forge a rouge experience.

The respected wikis: DF and FTL.

I also recommended two Something Awful Lets Plays for those unfamiliar: Boatmurdered for DF and for FTL a video.

Now... on with the...

The Rouge Federation

The once mighty Galactic Federation shrank and lessened by method of a bloody civil war with a power rebellious force, whose usage of drone warfare and diplomatic ploys with the races of the Federation allowed for a great weakening of the federal government. Indeed the Galactic Federation has retreated most of its forces to a single sector. Yet the rebels were not unbeatable...

Spoiler what happened :
Eventaully a single vessel and its crew manages to deliver vital information to the main Federal base, resulting in the mission of taking down the Rebel flagship. O and durning the way to the "Last Stand" the crew manage to make contact with a forgotten species: the Crystals. This is presuming they survived the journey and had the right roll dices for the Crystal recruitment events.

Although the rebellion was eventually crushed the Galatic Federation suffered too much to handle. The weakened power had indeed faced with a greater threat than the rebels; a lose of sovereign dominion. The once powerful force had faced itself a fallen power, that would struggle to rebuild. Death was not to be ultimate however for the dissolving the federation came with a voluntary arrangement that saw a successor. Yet the Second Galatic Federation itself would fall into nothingness as a second great civil conflict was possible to emerge... yet things were not be...

During this time a vessel discovered a world larger and more lively than other worlds in the Federation. A quick scan (thanks to the slug's psyche senses) showed the planet had intelligent live. Yet the investigation team of 4 veterans, a mantis, a rockman, a slug and a human, were not to return to the ship. It came clear the world was dangerous, filled of aggressive beasts, larger than could be though monsters, bronze collosues and... civilizations most unusual.

Humans had somehow settled on this world but they in a Medeival status...

Then there were the elves, who on first signting were keen looked at for their guardianship of the woods... till it was discovered the cruelities they would act on those who hurt woods, including cannibalism.

There was also goblins, whom were more vicius than even the mantis.

But then... there were the dwarfs, who would make up the venture's losts

Make Up

The Rouge Federation is made up of the following species: crystals, dwarfs, elves, engi, goblins, humans, kobold, mantis, slugs, rockmen and zoltan

-under construction-

:eek: WOW! That is a pretty good idea. I'll take it.

Spoiler side rant :

Can we avoid linkage to the bolded please? It be best to tribute, not to... insult then by losing a failing of a site. This, this, this and this (warning; language in the two latter) can all explain better than I can but basically I would recommend not linking to it.

Well, TV Tropes is there just in case what franchise you're talking about isn't on Wikipedia or IMDB.

I'LL ADD THE FACTIONS LATER! I GOT WORK TO DO!

@Ailedhoo: Just saying, because you feel the need to randomly hate on TVTropes, I'm going to point out the flaws of the articles.

Article 1) Doesn't actually realize what a 'wiki' is (it is a broad term ranging from a small group of dedicated editors to something like Wikipedia), throws around words like 'equality' just to get a guy reaction, but admittedly has some good points. Also randomly despises Otakus and thinks Japan is inferior to Western Culture, and blatantly contradicts his earlier point that users should be able to do whatever they want by also saying that the users shouldn't write about, you know, what they want to.

Article 2) Begins with hating on Christians and Jews for... Well, I'm not quite sure. He seems to just hate them. Admittedly skimmed this one.

Article 3) Site is called 'Autistic Metalhead'. Fairly offensive right out of the gates, but then just unleashes his wrath upon obscure works and anime in general, and also just goin for a more emptional reaction than making quality points.

Article 4) Font's awful, so nearly unreadable. Also, on Something Awful forums, so I'm going to bet its a troll. If not, then that has a readability of -1000%.

Might brainstorm something for this, don't know what yet. Would you allow a work with pretty much no story, but a whole lot of lore, like Pathfinder?

Article 3) Site is called 'Autistic Metalhead'. Fairly offensive right out of the gates

How is that offensive? It says on his about page he is a metalhead who is autistic.

but then just unleashes his wrath upon obscure works and anime in general

Hmmm... something tells me he is trolling. Look at his about page.

Would you allow a work with pretty much no story, but a whole lot of lore, like Pathfinder?

You can have very little story. It can be an excuse story for all I care.

I have thoughts of Sid Meier Alpha Centauri and... I am still thinking of what to combine with. I had thought Megami Tensei but that would have broken rules 5 (for the characters that appear...) and 8 (Alice and Cthulu present).

There is also the consideration of Song of Ice and Fire and Dune but doing it right without spoilers is going to be a trick...

Spoiler a note and the reply to the replies in another spoiler box to keep things tidy :
Note: I am going to spoiler the replies to the "side rant." I will focus to finish constructing the Rouge Federation and come up with the material bases my other suggestions after this post later on.

Spoiler replies to the replies to the side rant :
@Ailedhoo: Just saying, because you feel the need to randomly hate on TVTropes, I'm going to point out the flaws of the articles.

Article 1) Doesn't actually realize what a 'wiki' is (it is a broad term ranging from a small group of dedicated editors to something like Wikipedia), throws around words like 'equality' just to get a guy reaction, but admittedly has some good points. Also randomly despises Otakus and thinks Japan is inferior to Western Culture, and blatantly contradicts his earlier point that users should be able to do whatever they want by also saying that the users shouldn't write about, you know, what they want to.

Article 2) Begins with hating on Christians and Jews for... Well, I'm not quite sure. He seems to just hate them. Admittedly skimmed this one.

Article 3) Site is called 'Autistic Metalhead'. Fairly offensive right out of the gates, but then just unleashes his wrath upon obscure works and anime in general, and also just goin for a more emptional reaction than making quality points.

Article 4) Font's awful, so nearly unreadable. Also, on Something Awful forums, so I'm going to bet its a troll. If not, then that has a readability of -1000%.

I will begin my pointing out the hate is not random. I was once a "troper" but I became a "ex-troper" the Google crisis that exposed... some of the problematic lights. [YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCas6oE6dBhtl3pCD4i5JupA]CrazyGoggs's[/YOUTUBE] criticism was the first observation of these problems.

My criticism or "hate" as you make it out to be has its roots in being not pleased with the... management, the problematic community and the lack of quality control.

There was a brilliant summary in form of a history of the origins of Beyond the Lampshade but sadly the site it was hosted on... ceased. On BTL we have only a segment in our achieves at BTL in the past page discussing said article, specifically a bit focused on the Something Awful threads.

1) how does the article not understand "a wiki?" To say of a "Japan inferior to Western Culture" that is not the case of the article, as it was criticising the.. "other way round" crowd that get use a term with the wrong meaning. Believe or not saying you do not feel that weaboos should be the dominated language setters in a wiki that was suppose to be about fiction make up instead of a failing of understanding does not make one racist towards the Japanese, nor are the critics full on Western worshipers as you proclaim. A rather... questionable derailment you made.

As for the editing things; there is no such as a balancing mechanisms? The main critique is both the rather despot nature of Fast Eddies' administration and the lack of quality control.

2) The usage and commentary on the Tower of Babal=hate for Christians and Jews?

The critique were more focused to the trope pages themselves than the community critique that the others bring in. The "Perfect Language" was bought up to serve as a foundational metaphor for the critique.

3) Passing the title issue let us focus though on the content. "Emotional?" Why yes one would be emotional after coming across some of the things on the community...

the Metalhead said:
There are people on there who advocate the repeal of all age-of-consent laws, who openly hit on 15-year-old tropers, who mock rape victims, and who fantasize about doing it with real children, all without any sort of reprisal from the moderators. On any normal website, pulling this sort of would get you a permaban and possibly a spot on the FBI's watchlist. On TV Tropes, your right to make sexual advances towards an underage girl are defended so vehemently, the mods will actually ban said underage girl for complaining about getting sexually harassed.

Note: the last thing did occur on TVTropes...

Anyway: saying the piece by BreadGod was "reactionary" and "emotional" is... questionable in appliance in avoidance of addressing the content, like this on the site content side of things...

Chekhov's gun and foreshadowing, for example, are actual tropes because they are involved in telling the story or helping the story along in some way. "You Gotta Have Blue Hair" and "Hawaiian Shirt", on the other hand, are not.

4) To presume Something Awful content=trolling?! Ironically the Something Awful forums themselves have anti-trolling considerations on the site. The front to confess has the problem but the thread did get gas chambered for the... later half of the pages to confess. However the front is readable enough, so really content has to be considered for critique then the front itself.

Hmmm... something tells me he is trolling. Look at his about page.

From what I can inform you after I met the figure on BTL (BreadGod the figure is known there) I can confirm on the non-troll status...

Top Bottom