Understanding Corporations and Franchises

What about a conversion of spent gold to science and / or culture, like the bank gives?
I really like this. You have a surplus of gold, and can spend it to fuel more culture and science. Maybe something like 20% of the gold spent converted to culture, 5% to science (since bank already gives 15% to science, letting it be 20/20)

I always wanted a corporation that actually decreased the duration of your Trade Routes. Like -20% duration or something. And with "Trader" literally in the name, I think that would be cool for Sids. You could make franchises faster, get Trade benefits faster, that would be cool and unique.

That will make it a cultural/Ottomans corporation. I think it's already possible?

I always wanted a corporation that actually decreased the duration of your Trade Routes. Like -20% duration or something. And with "Trader" literally in the name, I think that would be cool for Sids. You could make franchises faster, get Trade benefits faster, that would be cool and unique.
Doesn't Civilized Jewelers already do this? I swore they made trade routes move twice as fast.

If anyone knows how trade route duration actually works that'd be interesting. From what I can tell there's both a minimum number of turns, and a minimum number of round trips, and the requirement that a trade unit makes an integer number of round trips. But the exact figures for any of this and even how trade units seem to interact with terrain confuses me.

Just reducing the minimum number of round trips by 1 should be a solid buff.

Stalker -- Not sure if you still looking at this thread- but if so I had a situation where Inca beat me to my corporation (CJ) ( they had amber, I had Gems) -- when I took their capital it destroyed the corporation - so I thought it would allow me to now build it but it didn't-- is that correct?

Stalker -- Not sure if you still looking at this thread- but if so I had a situation where Inca beat me to my corporation (CJ) ( they had amber, I had Gems) -- when I took their capital it destroyed the corporation - so I thought it would allow me to now build it but it didn't-- is that correct?
Just to make sure, you did not build a corporation in the meantime ? If you did, then since you can't have two corps you can't build their corporation. If you didn't, looks like a bug then.

HQ are World Wonders so I don't think you can ever build one that has been built before, even if it's destroyed.

AFAIK this mean the in-game wiki must be updated, it says you can built a corporation ones it is destroyed.

No
Just to make sure, you did not build a corporation in the meantime ? If you did, then since you can't have two corps you can't build their corporation. If you didn't, looks like a bug then.
No- my only monopoly was Gems- so I could only build CJ.
HQ are World Wonders so I don't think you can ever build one that has been built before, even if it's destroyed.
Ok somewhat makes sense - I guess if the Starbucks or Exxon headquarters were destroyed it would be hard to replicate -- although it was showing as available when I went into the corporation screen showing available corporations ( i.e. not greyed out- once it was destroyed)

It also makes that corporate race all that more important. Although it was frustrating at the time - as the two reasons I was capturing their capital was to end their space race and get the CJ corp-- and I learned later that you can't stop the space race by capturing the capital and I could not get the corporation ..lol

But this is probably good..... as capturing can be easy-- (I mean it's not always easy depending on circumstances and play style but generally). And you can already get tons of wonders and religions by capturing so maybe it is good there are things that you can't get.

Clarification -- I guess if the Starbucks or Exxon headquarters ( and all franchises) were destroyed it would be hard to replicate

end their space race
They can only advance their space race by sending pieces to the capital - so, the best way to slow down this is to both ensure they can't build parts in the capital, and they can't send parts to the capital. Sieging the capital after nuking it (so it become as poor industry-wise as possible), ensure that they can neither produce nor airport parts either - you can't use airport on tiles adjacent to ennemies (need verification for the tile the city is on top of, thought).

Top Bottom