Empires of the East: Maurya

Balam-Agab

God King
Soldiers of the Maurya Empire of India, first empire to unite the Indian Sub-continent. Would also work as soldiers for earlier Indian armies, such as that of King Porus.

Credits to Kinboat, utahjazz7, CamJH, Plotinus, Micaelus, Steph, and Moeniir.

Download

Love the elephant units! They look really cool.

You should enter one of your units into the monthly competition :)

Good Lord, you have no clue how happy you just made me! :)

These guys are amazing! Thank you for such a large bunch of very very needed Indian units. :)

astonishing units,much needed, th world comes together, but could you give the elephants some war tattoo? like the proposal of yang liu?

Thanks, everyone. I'm gonna fix the Army's attack at some point, I just noticed the pokethrough.

If I can have one critique it would be that the elephants look African with those big ears. :/
https://www.google.dk/search?q=indi...Ot0QWy24HQAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1235&bih=706

They actually have an "indian elephant" morph applied to them. The original African ears are actually a lot bigger. It's, unfortunately, just due to the model's limitations. It does have the proper head shape, though...

Worthy of an announcement. Yoinks!

Outstanding units, especially those elephants.
Most needed units, and cool elephants are always. well cool ...

Thousand thanks....

Soldiers of the Maurya Empire of India, first empire to unite the Indian Sub-continent. Would also work as soldiers for earlier Indian armies, such as that of King Porus.
Just caught that. Porus was a contemporary of Chandragupta Maurya - who conquered the region roughly 6 years after the Battle of Hydaspes River. Your main point stands, however. These units would work well for both earlier and later Iron Age and Middle kingdoms period South Asian civs. Including Sri Lanka (imho) as well as the mainland. Some would also be suitable for their contemporary Indianized states of SE Asia (imho).

Top Bottom