New unit: Clicker (1rst Feb. 2014)

ruby_sauce

Outside the box
Unit is game tested

A clicker, from The Last of Us

previews:

Animations run at different speeds ingame!
(run - default - fidget - default - fortify - attackA - attackB - victory - fortify - attackB - death)

Another unit based on The Last of Us. This is the main enemy, however. Let me give a little backstory:
Clickers are basically humans infected with cordyceps. This is a fungus that takes over the brain of the host. Clickers are an advanced stage of infection where fungus starts growing out of the skull, thus making him blind. This is also what you see on my unit. To combat the blindness, clickers use echolocation by making clicking noises. Hence, clickers.

The death is based off the ingame death, where parts of the head fall off too. On top of that, he squirms once he hits the ground. Same with the other animations too, actually. The default is when they are moping around barely moving, and the fortify is based off them quickly awakening as they hear a potential prey approach.

For the attacks I chose a bite attack and a wild swipe attack. They are blind, after all.. I also made my own run animation to fit the whole theme better.

I really, REALLY cannot emphasise enough how for this unit, half of the fun is in the sounds. As Ive said, they make clicking noises for echolocation and they can sound.. creepy at times. If you have played the game you can probably relate.

With edited sounds (or not, doesnt really matter) you could use it as a generic blind zombie-type unit, which just happens to have a growth on his face.

Anyway, enough rambling. Enjoy!

Download HERE

Last edited:
Top Bottom