MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

Hi, I just tried making a modpack for personal use on local network games. When we tried doing a game, the hosting game screen was incredibly messed up (very few options, unable to add players or ai, unable to change game settings). After taking the modpack out, there were the same problems. I am currently reinstalling civ. Is this a problem seen before with this mod?

I've never heard of it, for what it's worth. If it persisted after you took the modpack out, it very likely had nothing to do with the modpack.

Hmm, well that's the lognotes for going in and out of the mods menu. I assume you tried to start a multiplayer game and it crashed immediately? Did it crash before you get to the lobby or after you click the start game button? Does your modpack use a custom dll?

It crashed when the map is loaded, I only have time to see the settler and the map. It crashed just before you can move. No my mod doesn't use any custom DLL.

It crashed when the map is loaded, I only have time to see the settler and the map. It crashed just before you can move. No my mod doesn't use any custom DLL.

Bear with me, since I might repeat a question since it's been a while:

1) Have you tried switching who the host is? There are reports from some people that they can never host civ 5 games without this crash, and in that case switching hosts is a workaround.

2) This also might seem really stupid, but try toggling your graphics and steam settings (enabling/disabling steam overlay, going in and out of fullscreen) etc. for both people.

These are just solutions I see online for a similar problem of that description.

Hey everyone! I'm trying to get JFD's and POUAKAI's Mercenaries mod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=552053) working in multiplayer and have gotten close to getting it working. But the mercenary contracts will not show up no matter what I do. I really like this mod and I think it would be awesome to have in multiplayer but it's by far the most complex mod I've ever worked with. If someone could look through the mod and see if there's a way to get it working that I've missed I'd really appreciate it.

Here's a screenshot of the state of the ingame UI to show how the contracts don't show up: http://i.imgur.com/Mdg0BJx.png

For your convenience, here's the Mercenaries mod after being repackaged by the MPMPM: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzBPwFWrAPUCXy0tMmxUYlpaQ0U/view?usp=sharing

Does anyone know of any true start location maps for Earth or Europe that will work with this technique ?

I would like to use Hulfgar's Modpack Industrial and Complete Edition on a true start earth map. I tried Europe with Capitals, but it doesn't start the civ in the correct location (as England it dumped me in Persia).

EDIT: Found one - the trick is they need to be lua maps!

Preparation:
1. Ensure you have Firetuner 2 installed and civ 5 logging turned on in the config.ini file in your "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5" folder. Also, if "EnableTuner = 0" then change it to "EnableTuner = 1" then save the file.
2. Review the mods you want to include and ensure there are no conflicts. (Check known conflicts farther down in this post)
3. If you have a dll mod (one that contains a CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll), remove the dll from the mod and store it somewhere you'll remember.
4. Download this (or the attachment to this post, it's the same thing) and extract the folder into Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS....

How does this work for mods which contain other .dll files ? I am trying to use Artificial Unintelligence and it contains a zlib1.dll. Civ 5 also has this .dll, but it is a different size. Should I remove and add it like I would CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll or just leave it in there ?

Hey everyone! I'm trying to get JFD's and POUAKAI's Mercenaries mod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=552053) working in multiplayer and have gotten close to getting it working. But the mercenary contracts will not show up no matter what I do. I really like this mod and I think it would be awesome to have in multiplayer but it's by far the most complex mod I've ever worked with. If someone could look through the mod and see if there's a way to get it working that I've missed I'd really appreciate it.

Here's a screenshot of the state of the ingame UI to show how the contracts don't show up: http://i.imgur.com/Mdg0BJx.png

For your convenience, here's the Mercenaries mod after being repackaged by the MPMPM: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzBPwFWrAPUCXy0tMmxUYlpaQ0U/view?usp=sharing

Do you have lua logs? See potentially http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487482 . This kind of thing is a usually a lua error that requires tracking down.

Also, sorry for long delay, I forgot to check on this thread for a while...

How does this work for mods which contain other .dll files ? I am trying to use Artificial Unintelligence and it contains a zlib1.dll. Civ 5 also has this .dll, but it is a different size. Should I remove and add it like I would CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll or just leave it in there ?

I have no idea, since I've never tried it. I would first try not removing it at all and seeing if it works. If it doesn't then try the removing/adding thing.

Hello cicero, thanks for the awesome multiplayer mod enabler. I tested packs made by users here, they all work fine.

However I would like to make my own. I got stuck here:

6. Once game is loaded, switch to fire tuner. The active tab should be "Lua Console". Below the tab name, there is a dropdown menu. Select the MPMP_Maker from that list (should be one of the first, the name may be truncated but will start with "\Users\[yourName]\Documents").

there is nothing on the dropdown menu. No MPMP_Maker or \users\etc...

I downloaded the mod, activated and opened a game with other mods that I want to pack. Also EnableTuner = 1. Firetuner seems to be working fine and talking to civ, but there is no mpmp_maker on that list. Sorry if someone had this problem before, but the topic is too long.

Question. I've gone through the whole process in the OP to get JDH Active AI in multiplayer working. I've tested it and it seems to be working. Next, I need to get another computer set up but the person is not very computer literate. I am wondering if I copy the MP_MODSPACK folder in Assets/DLC to the other person's computer in the same location, will it work? Would he have to go through the entire process on his computer for it to work (ie download SDK, etc)?

Hello cicero, thanks for the awesome multiplayer mod enabler. I tested packs made by users here, they all work fine.

However I would like to make my own. I got stuck here:

6. Once game is loaded, switch to fire tuner. The active tab should be "Lua Console". Below the tab name, there is a dropdown menu. Select the MPMP_Maker from that list (should be one of the first, the name may be truncated but will start with "\Users\[yourName]\Documents").

there is nothing on the dropdown menu. No MPMP_Maker or \users\etc...

I downloaded the mod, activated and opened a game with other mods that I want to pack. Also EnableTuner = 1. Firetuner seems to be working fine and talking to civ, but there is no mpmp_maker on that list. Sorry if someone had this problem before, but the topic is too long.

That usually arises because the MPMPM dll isn't being loaded for whatever reason. Verify that:

1) You activated the MPMPM mod (checked the box on the mod selection screen) to start this process
2) There are no other dll files in any of the other mods

Question. I've gone through the whole process in the OP to get JDH Active AI in multiplayer working. I've tested it and it seems to be working. Next, I need to get another computer set up but the person is not very computer literate. I am wondering if I copy the MP_MODSPACK folder in Assets/DLC to the other person's computer in the same location, will it work? Would he have to go through the entire process on his computer for it to work (ie download SDK, etc)?

You can just copy the folder. The long procedure is just to make the folder, but once you have it you can copy it freely.

That usually arises because the MPMPM dll isn't being loaded for whatever reason. Verify that:

1) You activated the MPMPM mod (checked the box on the mod selection screen) to start this process
2) There are no other dll files in any of the other mods

So one mod was conflicting with MPMPM mod: Simple Unit Icon Raiser or lowerer (v 2). When I loaded it, the MPMPMmod wouldn't load its dll i think. I checked and this mod doesn't have any dlls. Solution was giving up on using single unit graphics and using reduced unit graphics mod.

Anyway everything went well after that.

I was wondering if it's possible to add mods manually to an already generated pack. For example, I would like to add info addict to the CPP multiplayer pack (because that pack has changes exclusive for the mp pack, so probably i can't make my own CPP multiplayer pack from CPP's single player version).

Is there an easy way to remove the JDH active AI multiplayer after I have gone through the process in the OP of making it into DLC? Can I just delete the folder in Assets/DLC or should I delete all game content via steam and just re-download everything?

Is there an easy way to remove the JDH active AI multiplayer after I have gone through the process in the OP of making it into DLC? Can I just delete the folder in Assets/DLC or should I delete all game content via steam and just re-download everything?

Deleting the folder is fine.

So one mod was conflicting with MPMPM mod: Simple Unit Icon Raiser or lowerer (v 2). When I loaded it, the MPMPMmod wouldn't load its dll i think. I checked and this mod doesn't have any dlls. Solution was giving up on using single unit graphics and using reduced unit graphics mod.

Anyway everything went well after that.

I was wondering if it's possible to add mods manually to an already generated pack. For example, I would like to add info addict to the CPP multiplayer pack (because that pack has changes exclusive for the mp pack, so probably i can't make my own CPP multiplayer pack from CPP's single player version).

That's odd, to the simple unit icon thing. For the CPP, probably not, unless infoaddict has no xml files whatsoever. If it does, you can try appending their contents into the largest sized xml file (I think it's civ5Mongols.xml) in the Override folder of MPMPM, but no guarantees that will work without at least a moderate understanding of how the civ 5 xml works.

I'm having troubles when I try to add Civilizations to the mod. No "MPMP_Maker" or ""\Users\[yourName]\Documents\". I know that the problem are the Civilizations because the same modpack without adding them works fine (don't know at Multiplayer yet, but it's working on SP). There are no .dlls at the Civs. Am I doing something wrong? Should I give up at adding them?

I'm having troubles when I try to add Civilizations to the mod. No "MPMP_Maker" or ""\Users\[yourName]\Documents\". I know that the problem are the Civilizations because the same modpack without adding them works fine (don't know at Multiplayer yet, but it's working on SP). There are no .dlls at the Civs. Am I doing something wrong? Should I give up at adding them?

Go to your MP_MODSPACK\Mods folder and check if the mods in question (the civs) are there. If not, you have to copy them manually from your Civ5\Mods-folder to this location.
This can happen when mod-authors edit the names of their mods without recompiling them (mod's name differs from the .modinfo-file).

Go to your MP_MODSPACK\Mods folder and check if the mods in question (the civs) are there. If not, you have to copy them manually from your Civ5\Mods-folder to this location.
This can happen when mod-authors edit the names of their mods without recompiling them (mod's name differs from the .modinfo-file).

I've found the problem. I don't know why, but Leugi's Gran Colombia cannot be used with Multiplayer.

Top Bottom