Erebras' Cut&Paste Project (WH40K)

Erebras

Prince
This thread currently contains twenty units from Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 game setting. They are all created via either a cut-and-paste process, or in some cases merely resizing or basic original artwork (plasma rays don't need to be cut-and-pasted). Nearly all will be modifications of units posted elsewhere in these forums, with recolorization or new attack sequences added.

:thanx: to all the creators of the original unit artwork.

For easier browsing, posts containing downloadable unit files will be marked with a :scan: in the post title.
No .gif previews -- a storyboard.jpg will give an idea of the unit appearance. (Keep in mind that .jpg format is much fuzzier and less clear than the actual unit.) Also, a unit based on another pretty much looks like the original unit, so consult the original thread for a more indepth preview. The units in this thread may appear different if the palettes had to change, but efforts have been made to keep it as close to the original as possible. Scroll down to post #24, below, to see a gif of one of the units (yet to be completed as of this moment), and you can get a sense of the quality of the units I'm uploading.
You can be sure that a unit that was blurry, skippy, or badly miscolored would not be presented here.

UPDATE: Files were lost when CivFanatics transitioned to a new server. Please check the database for re-uploaded units. If anyone had downloaded these units before the move, you have my permission -- and my encouragement -- to re-upload them on my behalf.

Attachments

• InquisitorInfernusPistol.rar
    462 KB · Views: 141
  • ThreadPreviewGraphicPlate.jpg
    ThreadPreviewGraphicPlate.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 452
I've been working on mods, such as MagePunk and a series of mods involving a post-apocalyptic Earth -- and a worldship --- and a volcanic planet being terraformed --- and it's such a grueling and tedious process that I get burned out, take a break from it, and occupy myself with other things. That's where these units come in. In the works are several adepta sororitas units (Army, exorcist, immolator), inquisition units (next up is jokaero weaponsmith, but also Throne of Judgement, warrior acolyte, preacher, and servitor are on the radar), and necron units (monolith, obelisk, destroyer). Luckily there are many units others have uploaded that I can adapt.

I don't know when the units will get done. Like I've said, if I get bored with a project, I shelve it for a while. I never did finish my lizardman units, for example, although I've been thinking of getting that pesky razordon finished.

Whenever you want one to be announced officially in the website's main page, just PM me or visit the Announcements thread linked to in my signature.

See http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Grey-Knights-Jokaero-Weaponsmith for more information.

This is based on Supa's Kiko unit. It has been colored orange, and certain actions resequenced. He uses a digital flamer and digital lasweapons.

This unit could also be used for some sort of large pacifist orangutan, although I doubt there are any Jungle Book mods in the works, so no need for a King Louie, either.

How have I not noticed this until now? Thanks for making a Necron Monolith, I had nothing to use for a Monolith and was wondering what I was going to do.

This is the [ptw] Industrial Ages Great Leader with a plasma pistol attack sequence added. I do wish he had the crusher-style visor cap, but I was happy with the rest of the uniform.

The pistol shot seems a bit close range, but I was basing it off of the attack sequences of the Archer and Bowman, whose arrows basically disappear instantly instead of flying off into the distance.

so these are not units but .pcx files to be converted to .flc ? Could have used the Monolith in the thing ı might never finish ...

No .gif previews: a storyboard.jpg will give an idea of the unit appearance. (Keep in mind that .jpg format is much fuzzier and less clear than the actual unit.

That's quoted from the first post, above. No, r16, these are flc files. I simply didn't want to create gif files for an animated preview. So feel free to use the Monolith FLCs all you want.

nice then . All downloaded , will possibly find a use . Thanks .

I was in the mood for a quick-and-dirty conversion, and when I saw the 'Spawn on the Games Workshop site, I thought, "Yeah, I know what I can use to achieve this." I ended up rather pleased with how the unit turned out, and it reminds me of another unit in an unsettling way...

Spoiler :

See http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Mordian-Iron-Guard-Squd for more information.

This is a different attack sequence for the Nap_Infantry unit found in the Napoleonic Europe conquest. The other graphics, such as Default and Run, remain unchanged. The flc labelled "AttackNoEffect" just has the Mordian Trooper aiming the weapon, so that others can add their own effects to the storyboard.

The other one, AttackLasgun, has a red beam shooting from the trooper's rifle.

See http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Valhallan-Squad for more information.

This is the Russian Rifleman from the World War II folder in the Extras folder in [ptw], but with a lasgun attack, instead of shot. Originally, I tried to keep it simple with him just standing there shooting, but it was too static, so I added a little "step" action to break up the monotony. Still not completely satisfied, but this thread is all about placeholder units when you come right down to it.

Top Bottom