Building quests

ggmoyang

King
Note: Most building quests buff the building type, but there are some faction-wide bonus. I used italic for them. Quest only fires once.

Old Earth Relic: no maintenance / +1:c5culture:
Clinic: +15 city hp / +1:health:
Trade Depot: +1:c5production: / +2:c5gold:
Laboratory: +1 expedition for explorers / +1:c5science:
Recycler: +10% worker speed / +1:c5food:
Cytonursery: +5%:c5production: for military units / +1:c5production:
Pharmalab: +1:c5science: / +1:health:
Vivarium: +1:c5science: / +1:c5food:
Ultrasonic Fence: +1 repel radius / trade convoys will not be attacked by alien units
Thermohaline Rudder: +1:c5science: / -10% production cost for moving city
Network: No maintenance / +1:c5culture:
Thorium reactor: +3:c5gold: / +1:c5production:
Repair Facility: +1 orbital coverage / +5%:c5production: for military units
Observatory: +2 orbital coverage / +5 city :c5strength:
Launch Complex: +1 orbital coverage / +10%:c5production: for orbital units
Drydock: +1:c5production: / +10%:c5production: for naval units
Water Refinery: no maintenance / +1:c5food:
Petrochemical Plant: +2:c5production: from petroleum / +2:c5culture: from petroleum*
Alien Preserve: +5 heal rate / +1:c5science: and +2:c5gold:
Defense Perimeter: +10 city hp / no maintenance
Tidal Turbine: +2:c5gold: / +1:health:
Rocket Battery: +5 city :c5strength: / +1 anti-orbital strike range for the city

*These bonus are applied to the resource tile and global. (i. e. does not require the building.)

From the GameSpot LP (one of the few good ones):

Observatory: +2 :c5strength: for city/+2 :c5moves: for naval units

Who would ever take the extra city HP over extra health?

I could see myself taking it if a) I took either Artists or Aristocrats for the extra health and b) was going on the warpath. But only if those two were chosen and no other time.

The way I see it, you can either get a bonus that is always helping you (health), or a bonus that might help you sometimes (city HP). Seems like a no brainer to me.

The way I see it, you can either get a bonus that is always helping you (health), or a bonus that might help you sometimes (city HP). Seems like a no brainer to me.

Health isn't always helping

+1 health is useless unless you are at 19,9,-1,-10, or -20 health

It would be worthwhile if they increased the city combat bonus though

Aren't cities much weaker now anyway from some of the lets plays early settlements can go down to a few marines and gunners only.

Some of these just seem like non-decisions. I mean, +1 TR per city, or +$1? Obviously you're going to take the TR.

Some of these just seem like non-decisions. I mean, +1 TR per city, or +$1? Obviously you're going to take the TR.

I do agree they need some serious balance.

Again, maybe not if you're going full on war. Inter-empire trade routes now give both cities food and production, and maybe other resources, so you can't double-up on trade routes. If city A sends a route to city B, city B cannot also send a route to A. So you might be worried about not having enough cities for your trade units/routes if you're pillaging and burning.

Of course you'd be wrong, but if it's something you're worried in it's something you might consider.

Again, maybe not if you're going full on war. Inter-empire trade routes now give both cities food and production, and maybe other resources, so you can't double-up on trade routes. If city A sends a route to city B, city B cannot also send a route to A. So you might be worried about not having enough cities for your trade units/routes if you're pillaging and burning.

Of course you'd be wrong, but if it's something you're worried in it's something you might consider.

If you have 7 cities each one can have 3 inter-empire trade routes.

Although there's another quest compilation thread, these hidden building bonus can be vital in strategy so I'll start this thread. I'll only list building names and bonus choices, not quest texts.

Clinic: +15 city hp / +1:health:
Old Earth Relic: No maintenance for the building / +1:c5culture:
Trade Depot: +1:c5production: / +1:c5gold:
Laboratory: +1 expedition for explorers / +1:c5science:
Recycler: +10% worker rate / +1:c5food:
Pharmalab: +1:c5science: / +1:health:
Cytonursery: +5%:c5production: for military units / +1:c5production:
Ultrasonic Fence: +1 to radius / trade convoys will not be attacked by alien units
Vivarium: +1:c5science: / +1:c5food:
Network: No maintenance for the building / +1:c5culture:
Thorium reactor: +2:c5gold: / +1:c5production:
Repair Facility: +1 orbital coverage / ?
Observatory: +2:c5strength: for the city / +2:c5moves: for naval units
Launch Complex: +1 orbital coverage / +10%:c5production: for orbital units
Alien Preserve: +5 heal rate / +1:c5gold: and +1:c5science:
(Xenofuel Plant??? Xenonursery???): one time boost of +450:c5science: / +5 Xenomass (probably per faction bonus)
Auto plant: +1 trade route limit / +1:c5gold:
Institute: +5%:c5science: / a free tech
Xeno Sanctuary: +2:c5culture: / +2:c5food:

This is wonderful, thank you

Who would ever take the extra city HP over extra health?

Maybe the same person taking no maintenance over extra culture when more culture speeds virtues.

The more interesting question is in the bonus only for the building with that city or is it for all copies of that building within your empire. The bonuses are much significant if the later.

Health isn't always helping

+1 health is useless unless you are at 19,9,-1,-10, or -20 health

It would be worthwhile if they increased the city combat bonus though

Actually no, there are multiple virtues and/or affinity bonuses that also give bonuses from excess health. (Contrast to Civ V only having one policy giving a bonus proportional to the excess global happiness which is rarely chosen outside of a cultural victory)

Actually no, there are multiple virtues and/or affinity bonuses that also give bonuses from excess health. (Contrast to Civ V only having one policy giving a bonus proportional to the excess global happiness which is rarely chosen outside of a cultural victory)

Only one virtue gives a bonus From health (culture from health same as the civ 5 one)

No affinity benefits from health
One science virtue benefit from being healthy (same as civV again)
One UA that depends on being healthy

Top Bottom