Building quests

I looked up XML but it looks like whole quest thing is in the scripts.
I don't know how to look up that, so I will manually update instead.

I got some new ones in my playthrough but didn't took the note so some of them could be wrong, feel free to report error/add remaining one.

Edit: List completed.

Great list, thanks! Pretty important to have until you memorize what buildings give the extremely good bonuses (ultrasonic, auto plant, command center etc.). A bit sad though that these hidden bonuses end up being a bigger factor for picking tech route than the original traits of the building.

The following buildings have free maintenance, if you choose the energy option: Gene Garden, LEV plant, and Borehole. This isn't obvious at first, but they get the reduced maintenance perk in the Player Perks file.

The following buildings have free maintenance, if you choose the energy option: Gene Garden, LEV plant, and Borehole. This isn't obvious at first, but they get the reduced maintenance perk in the Player Perks file.
Nice find! I looked up the file again, the maintenance line was far down from other bonus line so it's easy to be overlooked.

I searched free maintenance line and Autoplant had that too.

Are this all buildings that get +1 gold as quest option AND have an upkeep? Meaning: Is this a general rule of some kind? I think there are some more getting + gold quests, do they all get free upkeep as well?

Are this all buildings that get +1 gold as quest option AND have an upkeep? Meaning: Is this a general rule of some kind? I think there are some more getting + gold quests, do they all get free upkeep as well?
No. Some get +1 energy, others get -1 maintenance.
Only difference is that the +1 gold can be affected by 10% modifiers. I guess they did that to make it look a bit more diverse.

<PlayerPerkType>
PLAYERPERK_AUTOPLANTS_ENERGY_FLAT
</PlayerPerkType>
<BuildingClassType>
BUILDINGCLASS_AUTOPLANT
</BuildingClassType>
<YieldType>
YIELD_ENERGY
</YieldType>
<FlatYield>
</FlatYield>

<PlayerPerkType>
PLAYERPERK_AUTOPLANTS_ENERGY_FLAT
</PlayerPerkType>
<BuildingClassType>
BUILDINGCLASS_AUTOPLANT
</BuildingClassType>
<MaintenanceChange>
</MaintenanceChange>

They get both energy and maintenance discount.

The +4 Floatstone from Skycranes seems bugged.

A Skycrane costs 4 Floatstone and should provide 4 Floatstone once it's finished, so I should stay at the same amount of Floatstone if I buy one, correct (because it's instantly finished) ?

Well, that doesn't work for me. After I got suspicious that I didn't get my "Floatstone back" apon finishing the Skycranes that I've built, I bought an additional Skycrane to find out. I went from 20 Floatstone straight to 16, there simply seemed to be no effect, no extra Floatstone for finishing the Crane, nothing.

The +4 Floatstone from Skycranes seems bugged.

A Skycrane costs 4 Floatstone and should provide 4 Floatstone once it's finished, so I should stay at the same amount of Floatstone if I buy one, correct (because it's instantly finished) ?

Well, that doesn't work for me. After I got suspicious that I didn't get my "Floatstone back" apon finishing the Skycranes that I've built, I bought an additional Skycrane to find out. I went from 20 Floatstone straight to 16, there simply seemed to be no effect, no extra Floatstone for finishing the Crane, nothing.

It might be a global one-time bonus rather than per building. I just got burned similarly on a different building quest bonus, and that was after playing a game to investigate it. :blush:

The "1 Yield per Affinity Level" quest rewards are working, for a change. That's nice.

Top Bottom