Unit: Bristol Beaufighter (British WW2 plane)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi again! :D

So, this was done yesterday. It is a British WW2 plane, used especially as a torpedo plane (but now I realize I didn'd make the torpedo attack... DOH!) :mad:

Well, after all I think this plane looks quite good.

Download the Bristol Beaufighter

NEW!
You can download the new torpedo attack files by Smoking Mirror (thanks!) in the post n:o 14 in this thread.

Here's an ingame preview of the plane:

And here's a portrait of this plane.

Attachments

• bristolshot.gif
    bristolshot.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 2,467
Will look abit stupid with a torpedo against land units or cities though...

Great lookin' plane!! The colors are great!!

And I don't even know how the torpedo attack works. Does the plane drop the torpedo, and the torpedo then propels itself into the target?

That would look funny against the land units... :D

If you use the Cruse missile death flic, and just set a long delay say 6-7 frames, by extending the animation then moving everything along the storyboard, then use Stephs multi unit story board editor to make the explosion happen at the edge of the enemy units square....

Actualy, I'll do that tonight for inclusion with my generic 1930s bomber, it could look like a torpedo or timedelayed bomb attack depending on the target.

It appears to have American markings...

Still, I shouldn't complain as it looks like yet another good unit from Aaglo :)

aaglo - Looks good :). I am also wondering. Could you do a B-24 Liberator :).

I just noticed, that the BristolLarge.pcx has wrong background colour index (255) which makes it transparent, and thus MAGENTA in the civilopedia. Here are the new ones ;)

The same problem is also atleast in the B-29, Me-110's, He-111 bomber and Turtleship. And propably in the Gloster gladiator too... :(

Here's the new pcx-file ;)

Attachments

• bristollarge.pcx
    5 KB · Views: 236
Okay, I made the torpedo attack by Smoking Mirror (thanks!) available to this fighter.

I edited the torpattack.flc a bit - I shifted the positioning of the drop and the explosion, because the explosion was a bit far behind in the original. I hope you're not offended by this, SM ;)

I think, when a bomber/fighter is bombing, the bomber/fighter moves, but the bomb.flc is static. Atleast I think it is so... ;)

Attachments

• bristoltorp.zip
    46.8 KB · Views: 302
Wot? All these air units already done? :eek:

You are working miracles, like some Nazaretian guy 2000 years ago, but faster. You are really are all what they said about Ceausescu. :worshp:

Great job I plan on useing it as a light bomber with leathal Sea Bombard. :)

Originally posted by Hunter
Great job I plan on useing it as a light bomber with leathal Sea Bombard. :)

AFAIK that was the use it was made to :thumbsup:
Great Idea :)

Top Bottom