Dilettante
Administrator
Browd submitted a new resource:

Social Policy: Tradition - Social Policy: Tradition

Tradition
Cultures grow on the vine of tradition.
-- Johan Goldberg

Introduction

Tradition is one of four social policy trees that are available in the Ancient Era. Although the game claims "Tradition is best for small empires," it contains some of the best policies in the game for any empire.

From the release of the Gods &...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Most social policies are global, but I haven't checked Aristocracy specifically.

At 10 pop, whether it was local or global wouldn't really matter, would it...

At 10 pop, whether it was local or global wouldn't really matter, would it...
It could. It's not uncommon for my size 10 capital to have the following buildings:

Colosseum (2 happiness)
Circus (2 happiness)
Pagoda (2 happiness)
Stone Works (1 happiness)

If the happiness were local, you'd hit the cap.

But I'm pretty sure joncunn is right; Aristocracy is probably global.

Thanks for updating this since the latest patch. The switcharound with oligarchy changed a few of my now ingrained assumptions... I have a question on legalism: you suggest building a Monument in the capital. If you do so, will the capital then receive a free amphitheater once you research the relevant tech?

I've been hesitant to build the capital's monument because I thought the free culture building would be wasted if it wasn't available to be built when activating legalism...

You would get a free amphitheater. No need to worry about taking Legalism when you already have a culture building. You will get the free amphitheater after the later of (1) taking Legalism and (2) researching Drama and Poetry.

I've been hesitant to build the capital's monument because I thought the free culture building would be wasted if it wasn't available to be built when activating legalism...

That was only an issue in Vanilla.

Browd's reply has what happens in both G&K and BNW.

Top Bottom