Civ V wont load, crashes not long after i hit load game, "runtime error" mod save

dynodan

Chieftain
would like a fix to this as it is very frustrating, im new to this forum thing so please be nice lol, all help is appreciated. tried reinstalling and verifying cache, going offline. Not sure what else to do. Please help, Thank you.

oh and its a single player, modded save.

Moderator Action: Two posts by same poster in rapid succession merged, thread title extended to note it's a mod save, and moved to Creation & Customization

Hi dynodan,

I just sent you a private message saying that I would merge your posts, but another moderator beat me to it. You said that you were using mods, and mods can cause runtime errors. Please post what mods you are using. Also, do you get a runtime error when using no mods?

First of all thank you! and i only play modded, havent played in ages just started up again. i had alot on this save file, im loading the game now to get a complete list for you, would one of those dxdiag files help?

To reload the saved game, are you going through the MODS menu or the SINGLE PLAYER menu?

For the entire duration of running a particular game with mods, you must go through the MODS menu, and you must hit NEXT at the bottom of the MODS menu every time to get to the point where you can choose to load a saved game that was made while running mods. If you hit BACK at any time in the process of starting CIV5 and re-loading your saved game, it is no good.

@lees i go through the mods menu, and i dont think i go back at all but ill try again.

1 Promotion Per XP Improvement (v 2)
Alien Artifact (v 1)
American Army Ranger (v 10)
Canadian Civilization For Vanilla (v 6)
Civ5 Gold Rush (v 6)
Construction Troop, Civil Engineer (v 6)
Enhanced Military Buildings (v 2)
Foreign Trade Routes (v 5)
Half Price Workers (v 1)
Hit-and-Run Units (v 1)
Miki2207 Mod Super civilian units (v 2)
Militia Defense (v 12)
Promotions - Ancient Ruins Choice (v 2)
Promotions - Expansion Pack (v 8)
Speedy Starting Settler (v 1)
Starting Worker (v 1)
Terrain - Poor Tiles Tweak (v 2)
Tweak - City State Ally (v 1)