new unit: Parachutiste & Peacekeeper

Balou

Jungle Bear

Finally, after several months of work I managed to finish the parachutiste and peacekeeper.
As always, everything you need to play is included in the zip file.
Please read the readme file before you play.

I would like to thank all those who contributed in the preview thread in one way or another. There you can also take a look at several previews of the animations and ingame screenshots of both units.
All those who directly contributed to the units are mentioned in the readme with his nickname (so please read it).

If there is something missing in the zip please tell me about it and I will fix it.

About the sounds:
All sounds you need are inluded, however, I also wanted to include some military fanfares. Unfortunately, the webpage I downloaded them from is not free (I downloaded the previews instead). I wrote them an e-mail asking whether I can use the preview sounds for my project, but they did not reply so far. So, if they don´t reply in a few days, I assume that they don´t care and I will upload a second file with the fanfare sounds (those are all meant for the victory animation).

Click here to download the Parachutiste & Peacekeeper -> Download

Update:
I got a reply from them now. As soon as we found a way to make both sides happy I will put the additional victory sounds online.

Victory Sounds Part I (2.9mb)
Victory Sounds Part II (0.8mb)

great units, I have been waiting for these to guys:)

first reply:D

:band: [dance]

Finally! I've been waiting for ages for these units to be complete! Well done Balou! Thank you very much! :goodjob:

Allright!! Been waiting for these... to bad you are not going to make any more units, you rule.... but you are planning on doing different uniforms for all your units? spetsnaz and modern soldier?

@Balou - How can I change the Color of the Beret from Red to Purple?

Originally posted by CivGeneral
palette editing ofcause, though cut´n´pasting could do it too.

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Yeah Balou ask the same, because I'd like to change to odegreen or olive drab for an Isreali security forces..... ;)

Originally posted by Klyde182

Yeah Balou ask the same, because I'd like to change to odegreen or olive drab for an Isreali security forces..... ;)
and I will reply with the same, even though I am not Balou

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Dohah....:crazyeye:
I'm still working on my 1st cup Mojo:o

A ultra-mega cup of coffee
" would you like some coffee with your sugar!!!":lol:

Time to test them ingame! WOO lets protect the innocent!

After listening to the sounds I just realized something: these would make great substitutions for your modern infantry gun sounds.

Also, I really do like the sounds you have, which as you might have guessed, I am very picky about them.

Thank you.
I really hope you like the two units. I spend a lot of time and effort to produce them and I´m really happy that it finally came to an end now.

To change the color of the beret, replace the red colors in the palette, save it, and apply the palette to all storyboards using the "maintain indexes" option. You can do this with all colors, you just need to decide how you want to apply the palette.

Hygro: Thank you. I spend more time on the sounds this time. They are not quite up to the quality of the Firaxis sounds though. Hopefully I will soon be able to upload the other sounds. They really create a lot of "military atmosphere", some of them are also quite long.

As Risbinroch already mentioned, this is my last civ3 unit. I think I will begin with the forest Spetsnaz version in a short while and then maybe also do another version after it. But first I want to lean back for some time :)

I haven't tested them in-game yet but from the preview thread I am pretty sure you have done an amazing work once more.

Thank you for your time, skills and dedication.

I prefer to see the FAMAS on the animation rather than to have to clean it ... again.

BTW, if you change the red to middle green you get a modern legionary.

sorry to again bug you, but, is the ini file right? Because when I went to start a game, (make a game to test it) after I chosen my civs, I got this:

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 6,097
Top Bottom