• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

civ modifiers

zinedine

Warlord
where can I find the formulas for the star ratings? my guess would be somewhere in the python scripts, but I can't find them.

The star ratings are completely arbitrary. They are defined in CvRhyes.cpp.

What are they useful for?

Help players choose a civ that corresponds to their gameplay style. It is quite useless for experienced players.

Yes, they are a vague reflection of a civ's strengths and weaknesses and the challenges they might face.

The star ratings are completely arbitrary. They are defined in CvRhyes.cpp.

thanks for the clarification, yes they are just strings :crazyeye:.

So you are basically saying that all civs behave identically from a tech/commerce/hammers pov except UP/UB/events ?

So you are basically saying that all civs behave identically from a tech/commerce/hammers pov except UP/UB/events ?
No, not at all. There are several modifiers which are also in CvRhyes.cpp. It's just that there is no immediate relationship between the actual modifiers and the star ratings.

also, is there a way to see the potential city names for each tile ?
Not in the game. But you can take a look at the code in Assets/Python/CityNameManager.py. Pasting the respective map into a spreadsheet manipulation program (Excel or Calc) should make it easy to read.

here's a table (png & xls) I made out of the cvRhye.cpp from the SVN. hope it's not against the rules:)

Attachments

• RFC Dawn Civ modifiers.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 53
  • RFC dawn modif.png
    RFC dawn modif.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 112
Actually, that's an excellent idea; replace the current star ratings with all those modifiers.

Top Bottom