The Immortal Challenge Lineup - Game #22 Ethipoia

budweiser

King of the Beers
ICL Game #22
You - Ethiopia
Civilizations - 8
Total City States -16
Map – Continents
Settings – Quick move and quick combat ON (turn them back off if you would like). Raging barbarians is turned OFF. Everything else is set to default.
Game Version -
Downloadable Content – G&K, BNW, Conquest of the New World Deluxe, Genghis Khan's Mongolia, Harold Bluetooth's Denmark, Isabella’s Sapin and Pachacuti's Incan Empire, Kamehameha's Polynesian Empire, Nebruchadnezzar's Babylon, Sejong The Great's Korea, Wonders of the Ancient World. The map pack are intentionally excluded.

New Starting location:
Spoiler :

Schedule:

Game #1 - July 23th as Japan
Game #2 - August 6th as Poland
Game #3 - August 20th as Ottomans
Game #4 - September 3th as Arabia
Game #5 - September 17th as Brazil
Game #6 - October 1th as Denmark
Game #7 October 15th as Songhai
Game #8 October 29th as Sweden
Game #9 November 13th as India
Game #10 November 26th as Russia
Game #11 December 10th as Germany
Game #12 December 24th as Aztecs
Game #13 January 7th as Egypt
Game #14 France
Game #15 January 25th as Austria
Game #16 February 7th as Siam
Game # 17 Venice
Game # 18 Iroquois
Game # 19 Greece
Game # 20 April 3rd as Persia
Game # 21 April 10th as England
Game # 22 April 20th as Ethiopia

Attachments

• ICL #22 Ethiopia.Civ5Save
    830.5 KB · Views: 234
Any objections to me playing this map after asking my friend to edit it and give the AI some advantages so it's more difficult?

[EDIT: Nevermind, my friend just told me that map packs are enabled anyway :( ]

Any objections to me playing this map after asking my friend to edit it and give the AI some advantages so it's more difficult?

Not really. I understand that Immortal level does not offer much of a challenge in the way of difficulty. Maps are enabled? I thought I took them out.

Edit: Scrambled Nations is still included.

We are going to get this game re-posted soon. I'm working out the logistics with Gustavus. He rolled a sweet salt/wheat coastal map.

Ethiopia is my hate-to-be-civ. They look like barbarians and have awful music forcing me to turn it off. :cry:

With that said. Let's play! :lol:

t181 - whats next?

Spoiler :

I just finished Venice, the last city on the continent I claimed as mine. William showed up just before killing Enrico... I don't know if they met or if I'm getting away with it.

My original plan was to try something new and do honor/aesthetics and go for culture once i've took over my continent but I played fast and took commerce out of old habit.

Culture was flowing though.. I used my second city Harar as guild-place and with some barb-killing in the wilderness I got 5 policies in commerce before even getting to the renaissance era.

So. Honor/Commerce again... I have won so many dominations lately and I really want something else this time. Venice puppeted to city states that got killed and now I have lot of space.

Is this when I go for Oder and try the stupid resettle-thing just for the sake of it?

Or do I go for culture anyway? I just finished Leaning Tower of Pisa and got a Engineer ready for a job!

But.. Venice had Forbidden Palace. I think I will focus on gold and try to win a good old diplo. It all depends if I got away with my killing spree or if William will tell everyone. In that case i might have to kill them! :king:

Edit:

Turn after:

Spoiler :

And right after that:

Spoiler :

Or maybe I go for the fifth alternative? The one VC I never claimed...??

Spoiler :
TIME!!

Also, it's a personal grudge because back in the day I rolled PLENTY of Ethiopia games but have never ever won any until I finally finished the DCL7 :lol:

OK. The new map is up on the OP along with a new picture. Enjoy!

Raging barbarians is turned OFF. Everything else is set to default.

What does that actually mean? No barbarians? Arent raging turned off by default also?

Going in right after trade route expires in a couple of turns. First Indonesia, then maybe Venice, so he doesn't annex all CS's. I like those cultural CS. :) Also, I am trying to go Liberty-Reformation. I think that if I kill a civ with Reformation, I can pick it anew?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 217
Holy hell, Tradition needs another nerf. On t70, Jakarta nearly oneshots my CB's while just having an archer garrisoned.

Hahaha, no. How else do you think I can fend off an early invasion with 2 archers and a spear :D

Well, that was annoying. I am trying to go get Machinery, but I have no money. The siege of Jakarta will be lengthy, that's for sure.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 187
Gajah has 37 defense capital. I think I will replay this and yolorush him literally on t50 or whenever i get CB's.

Apparently, killing Brazil did not reset Reformation beliefs because his religion is well and alive in the capital, so I wasted my time going down Piety. Could have finished Liberty instead...

If the map allows, I think I'll pursue a CV and try to beat my T244 record on ICL #19.

I am really disliking this map. My Liberty rushes just don't work because you have to choose between luxuries and no production expo or high-production no luxuries expo. There aren't many unique luxuries to begin with without conquest, so it's pretty difficult to stay happy. Maybe it's a Tradition game? But I can't see how even XB's are going to get through those Tradition civs with +30% ranged combat bonus pantheons.

Actually, I just realized that all caps there have 1 unique luxury. That's pretty weird.

Top Bottom