OTiger/PHXHRC's proposed Civ thread- Needs ideas badly

OTiger

Warlord
With this section of the forums open, I think it's a good place to post up the ideas I have for my Civs. Woo-hoo!

Completed Civs
Spoiler :
Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants)
Leader of Bikini Bottom
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Oceanic

UA: Best Day Ever: For each City State you ally with, you get 1+ :c5culture: Culture and :c5happy: Happiness. During :c5goldenage: Golden Ages, :c5influence: influence decays less and get + 3% :c5culture: Culture for each allied City State.
UU: Invincibubbler: Replaces the Bazooka. It's slightly weaker than the normal Bazooka unit, but it has a larger range and a combat bonus in or the foe is in friendly lands.
UB: Pineapple House: Replaces the Zoo. Gets + 5% :c5production: Production for each City-State this city is trading with.

Mario (Super Mario)
Leader of Mario Land
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Southern or Colonial

UA: Superstar Plumber: Connected cities to the capital gain a slight :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold bonus. Gets more influence when completing :c5citystate: City State missions. Units get a :c5strength: Combat Bonus when attacking a captured :c5citystate: City State.
UU: Yoshi Rider: Replaces the Horseman. Is weaker than the normal Horseman but is :c5moves: faster.
UB: Mario Circuit: Replaces the Stadium. Provides +2 Tourism, and gets +2 more Tourism for each Peace Treaty you're in.
or
UB: Warp Pipe: Replaces the Airport. Is cheaper to build and maintain, but has slightly lower Culture and Tourism bonuses.

Here are the ideas for Civs I have, but I'm unsure if I'll ever make them:
(Perhaps these Civs might give you an idea to make your own...)

Nintendo Civs Set 1
Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
Leader of the DK Isles
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Bantu

UA: Banana Slamma: Banana resources provide +1 :c5science: Science and :c5culture: Culture. Plantations provide +1 :c5science: Science. During Golden Ages, Bananas may turn into Golden Bananas, a unique resource that provides with extra Gold and Food. Starts near a source of Bananas. (I think this ability needs a touch-up, or least a better idea.)
UU: Rambi Rider: Replaces the Horseman. Is slower than the normal Horseman but is stronger, has a little city-attack penalty, and unaffected by movement cost in the jungle.
UB: Funky's Flights: Replaces the Airport. Air units created here will gain +15 experience. (Not really happy with this one- I need ideas for the effects- and perhaps a different Unique Building)

Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Leader of Angel Land
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Classical

UA: Palutena's Guidance: Archery and Ranged units are slightly stronger and gets +1 range. Gets extra :c5faith: Faith for each enemy unit in your lands during :c5war: War.
UU: Centurion: Replaces the Archer. Ignores terrain cost.
UB: Palutena's Temple: Replaces the Temple. A city with this building get extra :c5strength: City Defense.

Fox McCloud (Star Fox)
Leader of the Lylat System
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Oriental

UA: Space Mercenaries: Gets extra :c5gold: Gold when capturing Barbarian encampments and gains :c5gold: Gold when completing :c5citystate: City State missions.
UU1: Arwing: Replaces the Jet Fighter. Starts with the Siege I and Dogfighting I Promotions.
UU2: Landmaster: Replaces the Modern Armor. Ignores terrain cost.

King Dedede (Kirby)
Leader of Dream Land

UA: Gourmet Race: When conquering a city, the number of :c5food: Food that is generated by that city is given to the :c5capital: Capital. This effect is doubled if you conquer a city during the first 10 turns of your :c5war: War.
UU: Waddle Dee Spearman: Replaces the Pikeman. Gets stronger if fortified next to a city.
UB: Nightmare Enterprises: Doesn't replace any building. Only one can be built. A few turns or so, it will summon a military unit for you with some extra experience. However, it might summon barbarian units in your lands.
or
UU2: Kabula: Standalone unit. This hovering unit can fly over oceans and has ranged attacks. Buildable once discovering Combustion. Gets slightly stronger per era.

Meta Knight (Kirby)
Leader of the Meta Knights
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: ???

UA: Revenge of Meta Knight: Land Military units gets 5% stronger for each :c5capital: Capital you have conquered. (Max 50%.) Conquered Capitals have higher production and grow faster.
or
UA: Enigmatic Mask: Gifted units to City-States and other Civilizations may return to you with experience.
UU1: Halberd: Effects and what unit it replaces is not yet decided.
UU2: Blade Knight: Replaces the Longswordsman. Effects not chosen yet.

Nintendo Civs Set 2
Cap'n Cuttlefish (Splatoon)
Leader of the Inklings

UA: Turf War: Units may temporary claim land in neutral or enemy lands. Units gain +10% :c5strength: Combat Strength and +1 :c5moves: Movement within own lands.
UU: Splatoon: Replaces the Infantry. Effects not decided yet.
UB: Jelly Fresh: Replaces the Military Academy. Has the same effect as the Military Academy, plus gives +2 :c5culture: to the City. Units built here will receive special promotions, based on the abilities of Splatoon. Does not need a armory to be built.

Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Leader of the Animal Crossers?(Villagers? Animals?)
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Oriental?

UA: Population Growing!: Can gain a special type of points, called Bells. Bells can be gained by conquering a city, defeating non-barbarian enemy units, using a :c5greatperson: Great Person, etc. Bells can be used to buy special buildings, influence and integrate :c5citystate: City-States, buy buildings and units, and increase the population of a city. (Basically, a copy of Pouakai's Ashanti Civ.)
UU: Villager: Replaces the Worker. Is cheaper to produce.
U?: Not yet decided.

Luigi (Super Mario)
Leader of Luigi's Mansion
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Southern or Colonial

UA: The Eternal Understudy: Gets a :tourism: Tourism bonus and :c5gold: Gold and :c5science: Science bonus from trading from the leading Civilization score-wise. (Inspired by Vicevirtuoso's Uni's Lastation Civ)
UU: Ghost Hunter: Effects and what unit it replaces is not yet decided.
UB: Luigi's Mansion: Effects and what unit it replaces is not yet decided.

Nintendo Civs Set 3
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Leader of BLADE
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Colonial

UA: Builders of the Legacy After the Destruction of Earth: Can find White Whale Remains from Antiquity Sites, which can give a boost of Science and Gold.
UU: Skell: Replaces the Helicopter Gunship. Is a Armored unit unlike the Helicopter Gunship. Stronger when fighting gun units.
UB BLADE Division: This Unique Building doesn't replace anything. Appears after when Radars is researched. Has 8 different versions, but only one can be built in a city at a time.
or
Each division is build able after certain tech is researched.
- Pathfinders: Units built there heal faster.
- Interceptors: Increases the City's Defense. Ranged units are built 20% faster.
- Harriers: Increases the City's Defense. Gun units are built 20% faster.
- Reclaimers: ?
- Curators: Military Resources give extra production.
- Prospectors: City gains more Gold for each 7 tiles that city has.
- Outfitters: Military buildings now generate a bit of Gold.
- Mediators: Lowers Unhappiness by an amount. Units built there gain faster experience.

AZ (Pokemon X and Y)
Leader of the Kalos Region
UA:
UI: Ultimate Weapon: Can only be built next to a city. When at war and a enemy unit is next or at the tile where this improvement is, that unit will take damage. Enemy units will take more damage if they're on the same tile of the Ultimate Weapon.
U?:

N (Pokemon Black and White)
Leader of the Unova Region / Team Plasma
UA:
U?:
U?:

Nintendo Civs Set 4
Wigglytuff (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness)
Leader of Wigglytuff's Guild
UA:
U?:
U?:

DJ Octavio (Splatoon)
Leader of the Octarians
UA:
U?:
U?:

Oak (Pokemon Red and Blue)
Leader of the Kanto Region
UA:
U?:
UB: Safari Zone: Replaces the Stable. Gets +1 Culture for each resource of Animals.

Nintendo Civs Set 5
Mikoto (Fire Emblem Fates)
Leader of Hoshido
UA:
U?:
U?:

Garon (Fire Emblem Fates)
Leader of Nohr
UA:
U?:
U?:

King K.Rool (Donkey Kong)
Leader of the Kremlings
UA:
U?:
U?:

Transformers Civs
Optimus Prime (Transformers)
Leader of the Autobots
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: A unique culture type (Cybertronian) or Western?

UA: Til All Are One: Cities gain :c5strength: more defense and units gain more :c5strength: Combat for each social policy tree you finished. After signing a peace treaty, you get a :c5goldenage: Golden Age.
UU1: Wrecker: Replaces the Infantry. Is stronger than the normal Infantry, but has a lower :c5strength: defense. Gets stronger if the enemy has more cities than you.
UU2: Prime: Replaces the Great General. Can be expanded to create a :c5goldenage: Golden Age.

Megatron (Transformers)
Leader of the Decepticons
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: A unique culture type (Cybertronian) or Totalitarian

UA: Peace through Tyranny: Upon capturing a city, a Courthouse is automatically built. Units that capture a :c5capital: enemy Capital gain a special promotion, once per :c5capital: Capital.
UU: Seeker: Replaces the Jet Fighter, is much better at intercepting and has a bonus against armored units.
UB: Smelting Pool: Replaces the Forge. Gives an extra :c5production: production bonus if built in a captured city.

Spongebob Squarepants Civ Set 2
The Flying Dutchman (Spongebob Squarepants)
Leader of the Ghost Crew
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Western

UA: Revenant of the Seas: Can survive without any cities, as long as the Dutchmen's Ship unit is alive. Military units will appear for you if a enemy captures a city founded by you. +1 :c5production: to coastal cities.
UU1: Dutchman's Ship: This unit doesn't replace any unit. You will start with this unit. This powerful unit will get stronger for each era you're in. If destroyed, this unit will respawn every few turns.
UU2: Swashbuckler: Replaces the Longswordman. Doesn't need iron and gets more :c5gold: Gold from pillaging.

King Neptune (Spongebob Squarepants)
Leader of Atlantis
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Classical

UA: God of the Sea: Gets :c5faith: for each newly acquired Ocean tile. +1 :c5faith: Faith and :c5culture: Culture to fishing boats. (Based on JFD's WWII Japan).
UU: Seahorse Rider: Replaces the Horseman. Doesn't need horses and has no penalty when attacking from a river or in the water.
UB: Poseidome: Replaces the Coliseum. Same effects as the Coliseum, plus military units trained from there will have +15 experience.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (Spongebob Squarepants)
Leader of the Mermaid Men
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Oceanic

UA: Defenders of the Deep: During War, aquatic resources (Fish, Crabs, Whales, Pearls) give out production to military units. (Needs more.)
UU1: Sidekick: Replaces the Infantry. Gets a attack bonus when next to a Great Person.
UU2: Invisible Boatmobile: Replaces the Modern Armor. Weaker than the Modern Armor, but is invisible to enemy units.

Other

John Hammond (Jurassic Park)
Leader of Jurassic Park
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Colonial or Katuje

UA: 65 Million Years in the Making: Can't build Settlers or annex Cities. Upon digging up Antiquity Sites, you may find DNA. DNA can be used to turn into Dinosaurs, a special type of Antique which give out Tourism if placed in a city. Zoos now have slots for Great Works, and Dinosaurs may break out of the city when the city is unhappy, turning into Barbarian Units.

UU: ACU Unit: Replaces the Marine. Has a higher Combat Strength when fighting Barbarian Units.
UB: Electric Fence: Replaces the Military Base. Lowers Unhappiness to the city.

(I don't it's possible to code this idea, but it sounds cool, right?)

M. Bison (Street Fighter)
Leader of Shadaloo
UA: Psycho Power: Units are 10% stronger for each Denunciation you receive. (Max 100%.)
UU:
U?:

Monokuma / The Mastermind (Danganronpa)
Leader of Ultimate Despair

Lord Business (The Lego Movie)
Leader of Octan

Dracula (Castlevania)
Leader of Transylvania

Terra (Final Fantasy VI)
Leader of the Espers

Cloud (Final Fantasy VII)
Leader of AVALANCHE

Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
Leader of Cocoon

Iowa (Kantai Collection)
Leader of the US Navy

Bismarck (Kantai Collection)
Leader of the Kriegsmarine/Deutsche Marine

Littorio (Kantai Collection)
Leader of the Regia Marina/Marina Militare

Nagato (Kantai Collection)
Leader of the IJN/JMSDF

Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles)
Leader of the Imperial Alliance

Batman
Leader of Gotham City
JFD's Cultural Diversity Type: Colonial

UA: World's Greatest Detective: Enemy Spies have a lower chance of stealing a technology. Your Spies are 25% effective in stealing.
UU: Tumbler: Replaces the Modern Armor. Doesn't need Aluminum and is available slightly earlier.
UB: Batcave: Replaces the Military Academy. Units there will receive +30 experience and increases the City's HP.

(There's already 2 Batman Civs. Would 3 be fine?)

The Joker
Leader of the Jokers

Fictionalization IV Set 1?
Dr Doom (Fantastic Four)
Black Panther
Big Brother (1984)

Will fill in ideas later.

Other pending ideas:
- Comic Book Civs (I'm not a comic book guy, but I'm kinda surprised with the lack of Civs from Comic Books!)
- Other fictional Civs with good ideas?
- Other Civs based on popular series with no Civs yet?

I kinda like your idea for Megatron...

How about:

Mario (Super Mario World)
UA: Not in this Castle!
Military great people may perform an action in the borders of a civ or city-state that gives +40 influence with a random city-state. City connections generate a small boost of production and gold in the city the capital is connected with.

UI: Warp Pipe (road)
An improvement that functions the same way as a road. When your capital is connected to a city-state via Warp Pipe, gain +1 influence per turn (standard speed) and a +5% unit production in the capital. Enemy units ending their turn on a non-pillaged Warp Pipe take -15 damage per turn. When a city-state that is connected to your capital declares war on you, their units are transported to your nearest city.

UU: Yoshi Rider (Knight)
Generates +100% Great General Points. Ignores terrain cost if it has more than 75% health. -1 movement.

Some ideas

Mushroom Kingdom under Princess Peach

Unique Ability: In Another Castle
All founded and captured cities receive a free Palace.

Unique Unit: Plumber
The Mushroom unique Scout. Can pass through mountains but cannot end its turn on a mountain. Can use ranged attacks when you reach the Classical Era. +2 combat strength :c5strength: and ranged strength :c5rangedstrength: at every third era, starting at the Medieval Era. +2 movement :c5movement: at every third era, starting at the Renaissance. Treats coast and ocean tiles like land tiles in the Industrial Era. Infinite movement in the Information Era.

Unique Improvement:Warp Pipe
A friendly unit on a Warp Pipe can be warped to any other Warp Pipe on the map (similar to Airlifting). Requires Metallurgy.

Originally written by Timewalker102
Some ideas

Mushroom Kingdom under Princess Peach

Unique Ability: In Another Castle
All founded and captured cities receive a free Palace.

Unique Unit: Plumber
The Mushroom unique Scout. Can pass through mountains but cannot end its turn on a mountain. Can use ranged attacks when you reach the Classical Era. +2 combat strength and ranged strength at every third era, starting at the Medieval Era. +2 movement :c5movement: at every third era, starting at the Renaissance. Treats coast and ocean tiles like land tiles in the Industrial Era. Infinite movement in the Information Era.

Unique Improvement:Warp Pipe
A friendly unit on a Warp Pipe can be warped to any other Warp Pipe on the map (similar to Airlifting). Requires Metallurgy.

About the Unique Ability, that would mess up Sukritact's Events and Decisions, due to the Palace providing Magistrates. If you build plenty of Palaces, then... :eek:. And it interferes with the Capital Assignment. A dummy building with the same yields is definitely better.

About the UI, I'm currently searching for an UI-Model for my first civ, so I'm curious if anyone knows how to code Airlifting.

UA: Population Growing!: Can gain a special type of points, called Bells. Bells can be gained by conquering a city, defeating non-barbarian enemy units, using a Great Person, etc. Bells can be used to buy special buildings, influence and integrate City-States, buy buildings and units, and increase the population of a city. (Basically, a copy of Pouakai's Ashanti Civ.)

Sorry for double post!
I've got an Idea for a unique building:

UB: Public Works Projects (Replaces the Stone Works, but can be built anywhere)
When this building is built in a city, it triggers a side quest (think them as Villager's Requests), which, if fulfilled, grants you a large sum of Bells, triggers 'We Love the King Day' in all cities and possibly other rewards (Got the idea from browsing through Vice Virtuoso's Planeptune Files)

Nintendo Civs Set 2

UA: Population Growing!: Can gain a special type of points, called Bells. Bells can be gained by conquering a city, defeating non-barbarian enemy units, using a :c5greatperson: Great Person, etc. Bells can be used to buy special buildings, influence and integrate :c5citystate: City-States, buy buildings and units, and increase the population of a city. (Basically, a copy of Pouakai's Ashanti Civ.)

I'm actually working on an Animal Crossing civ myself! All I need are some people to help. :3

I'm actually working on an Animal Crossing civ myself! All I need are some people to help. :3

Well, that's nice to you to hear! My version of Isabelle probably isn't gonna be out for a while or maybe not at all, so don't worry about my version.

Oh, yeah, I added some new ideas which in this case aren't really ideas.
As you can see by this point, it's basically, why hasn't this character in a Civ5 mod yet?

How about:

Rollercoaster Tycoons

Leader: Chris Sawyer

UA: "This path is really disgusting." Road maintenance multiplied by 1.2. City connections provide +15 gold--connections with foreign cities, +30 gold and 1 tourism.
OR
A variation of the Carousel UB, with the carousel being replaced.
OR
"I want to get off Mr. Bones' Wild Ride." You receive +5 tourism with every civ you at war with, compounding with each year you are at war. Additionally, each civ you are at war with receives 2 unhappiness for each year you are at war. When peace is declared, both of these effects are reduced to a quarter of their ending yields until the treaty expires. Maybe a bit OP, a master can scale it properly. ;) Maybe just keep the unhappiness and/or have the UA scale per era; this might be OP in the ancient era, but kind of weak in the modern era.
OR
Coaster Builders. Every era after the ancient era, a new type of rollercoaster building becomes available (from wooden coaster to inverted coaster). Each one provides +1 tourism, culture, and happiness and nets 1 gold. Cost scales per era. Or this could be a UB that gives +1 per era, unlockable with construction. If that were the case, ideally, the picture would change per era.
OR
Guest 1415 is lost and can't find the park exit! Unhappiness for number of citizens multiplied by 1.2. Citizens are earned with 0.8 the amount of food they normally are. Or, to keep with the tourism/gold focused theme, each citizen gives +1 gold or something. But definitely keep the unhappiness per citizen
UB: Theme Park. Replaces Stock Exchange. +2 Tourism, and +1 gold per tourism the city outputs. No maintenance.
UB: Carousel. Replaces Stable. This city doesn't provide any horses. However, every horse resource this city would normally get provides +1 happiness, gold, and culture instead.
UU: Handyman. A regular worker, but can also "mow" grassland. Mowed grassland provides +1 happiness in the city it is closest to for a given amount of turns, after which it will have to be mowed again. Any grassland within 2 tiles of a city's cultural borders can be mowed. Grassland under improvements can still be mowed. Mowing grassland by a citystate or nation will increase influence by a small amount.

Definitely a tourism/gold focused civ, as a theme park should be.

Peace Music: Fairground Organ Style.
War Music: Broken Fairground Organ.

City names:
Evergreen Gardens
Diamond Heights
Forest Frontiers
etc. :)

I'd be happy to do the artwork and help out on this mod on anything besides the actual coding.

@Weboh, haha that sounds amazing :lol: (Though I would turn the Coaster Builders UA into a UI, that way the map will look really cool! Oh and keep the Grass-mower, that's awesome :lol:)

@Weboh

That's a interesting idea, although with my upcoming school semester, I don't think I'll have enough time to make more Civs. As for coding, If you're willing to understand, try to look at the guides here or just look inside a mod and see how it works.

More Pokemon Civs :), hopefully your Civs come as ambitious as your plans! Though Archie and Maxie for their Team civs might be interesting, too...

Then again, why Lightning as a representative of Final Fantasy XIII? Unless you mean as the Guardian of Etro from Lightning Returns, I would've thought a Sanctum Primarch like Cid Raines would've been more suitable.
But if you have plans which may work out if her, I don't mind seeing her soon.

Yo, Roxy.

I do have an idea for the Alola Region, Team Skull and Aether Foundation for Civ 6, but I'm kinda stumped on those ideas for now. And you know, the SDK tools aren't out yet, and who knows when they'll be out.
(I was planning to use these ideas for Civ 6 mods, but again, I'm planning to wait for the SDK tools...)

Anyways, about Lightning, don't expect that Civ to be done at all. I thought she would be a good leader, even though I haven't played a Final Fantasy game before :lol:. It's mainly a response from the ideas of Harkodos' Civs. Basically, if the villain can be a leader, why not the hero?

Top Bottom