RTOR NES 8- Realism

EQandcivfanatic

Zailing Captain
Retired Moderator
First off, i'm not sure if this is eight. I think it is but i dont know. If it isnt i'll make up the missing ones one day.

This NES is RTOR 2 rebuilt. I wanted to fix some loopholes and change some things from the original RTOR 2. Also some things are being brought in from Absolution and stJNES. I suggest you read this whole post before joining and carefully as i hate getting blamed for players' mistakes and vice versa.

For the realism of the NES, only 4 peopel can join on first turn, and 1 person per turn after it. After all it is highly unrealistic to have a dozen nations in 6000 BC.

Also please remember this: those who write stories about their nation and develop stradegies for invasion and defense will do better than the rest.

-Current Tech Age-

Stone Age- Warriors with stones and sticks

-Past Tech Ages-

-Alliances-

-Wonders of the World-

-Current Feats of Wonder-

conquest of another player nation in Stone Age.

Population 10 in Stone Age.

-Completed feats of Wonder-

very large Stone Age amy: Monaco

-Nation-

Feel free to create your own nation in this format. Also please provide a brief description of the nation's culture as well. The description is optional, but as i will say many times before this is over, blessed are story-tellers and tacticians.

On first turn, 6000 BC, 4 nations may join, after this only 1 new nation can be created a turn for realistic purposes.

Nation Name
Government
Religion (all must start with Polytheism of some time unless revolting from a nation with a different religion)
Army: tiyn Stone Age
Navy: NA (changes once tech develops)
Economy: NA (changes once tech develops)
Population: 1
Confidence in Leader: Average
Living Standards: NA (not available until Classical age)
Education: NA (not availiable until Classical Age)

Below here describe your UU (ripoff of stJNES and Absolution, i know) and nation.

-Orders (non military)-

Here are the possible orders:

Increase population: This occurs automatically if you send no orders. it costs nothing. The level of population is not like the other stats, this increases in size greatly and theoretically could reach into the hundreds. In later ages the stat jumps more then 1 level a turn.

Increase economy: Cannot do until Bronze Age as trade was minor before then. Sizes are:
Depression-Recession-Stable-Prosperous-Very Prosperous-Booming

Increase Army/Navy/Airforce: costs 1 population and (later) 1 economy to upgrade once in any two stats or twice in one stat. Sizes are:
tiny-small-medium-large-very large-gigantic-imperial

Train Army/Navy/Airforce: can't do until Bronze Age. This effects combat. levels are:
Peasants-Militia-Average-Superior-Elite

Research new Age: cant do until bronze Age (details on what to do before then below). costs 2 economy levels. You have to order this 4 times before new age arrives (more details below).

Upgrade Living Standards/Education: costs one economy level. the effects of this will be a surprise.

Expand Nation: costs 1 pop (to represent losses to natives, disease, etc.). Just state which way or where you want to expand and i put it on map

Build Wonder: costs 1 pop per each turn it is worked on or 1 economy each turn it is worked on, your choice. It takes 3 turns to build any wonder.

-Orders(military)-

As in RTOR 2, feel free just to say, "invade so-and-so nation", however, blessed are the tacticians. Those who create stradedgies and defense plans are MUCH more likely to win a war than someone who just orders an invasion with no thought to detail.

-Research-

Before the Bronze Age, technology will be given out almost randomly. When nations reach the bronze age, they will have to reasearch before they can advance any further.

It costs two full economy levels to gain a up on research. This will be represented in your stats with the numbers 0-3. you have to order research 4 times before you gain next age.

After one person researches the next age the next person only has to spend 3 turns worth of research and so on down until it takes one full turn of research to advance where it stays.

The new age researched can be given to allies and such. Any kinds of trades can be made for tech, it is all up to you.

-Population-

Population is a new thing for NESs. I have added it for realism. You need it to expand and build your army.

You lose some population when a enemy invades your land.

Whenever you invade another player or NPC's territory, make sure to specify what you do to the local populace. You can kill them or join them into your population.

-Wonders of the World-

You can build wonders of the world. They can have a special effect which i will determine after you build one. Some wonders can be duds, others great empire building. You'll just have to wait and see. It takes 3 turns to build a wonder, either at cost of economy or population or a mixture of the two. Also there will be a special bonus for 5 wonders, then 10 wonders, and so on. Basically a competition of wonder creativity.

-Feats of Wonder-

These are special accomplishments. the current age accomplishments availible are above. you can create some one your own if you like. Each feat of wonder also adds a bonus like that of a wonder of the world.

I think that is about it. If there are questions or something i missed, i will add it onto here. Other stuff will be on below posts.

-Timeline-

pre-6000 BC- Nations of Rome, Monaco, Babylon, and China are formed.

6000 BC- Nation of Fennia formed.

5950 BC- Russia founded. Immigrants swarm into Russia and Fenia from the east.

5900 BC- Maya founded.

5850 BC- Barbarian horde defeated in Russia, China, and Babylon. The barbarian secret weapon, the bow and arrow, is spread amongst the victors. Slushia founded.

5800 BC- Monaco achieves verty large Stone Age army feat of wonder. Byzantium founded.

5750 BC- Egypt founded. Russia invades Fennia. Monaco attempts to invade Rome and defeats a Roman army in the Italian hills.

-Wars-

Russo-Fennian War (Russia vs. Fennia)- 5750 BC-
Monacian-Roman War (Monaco vs. Rome)- 5750 BC-

Nations

Monaco: Plexus
Governtment: Monarchy
Religion: Monégasque
Army: large Stone Age
Navy: NA
Economy: NA
Population: 3
Living Standards: NA
Education: NA
Current UU: Monégasque Raider (blitzes and effective on attack)

China: Stalin006
Government:Sio Dynasti
Religion : polytheism/elitism
Army: small Stone Age
Population: 5
Current UU: Asiru Warrior (stronger on defense and offense than rest, but will not retreat if losing and would rather be killed than to fall back)

Rome: Warman17
Tribal(Cheif and Elders)
Religion: Roman Polythism
Army: medium Stone Age
Population: 4
Current UU: Stone Legion (better organized than most other nation's armies and thus are more effective on defense.)

Fennia: Finmaster
Government: Tribal confederation
Religion: Polytheism
Population: 2
Current UU: Axe-hakkapelitas (excellent on offense but poor on defense)

Russia: erez87
Tribal
Religion Polytheism
Army: large Stone Age
Population: 4
Current UU: Spearoman- high defense, no attack

Maya: Jason the King
Theocracy
Mayan Tribalism
Army: Tiny Stone Age
Population: 3

Slushia: china444
Monarchy
population: 1
Confidence in Leader: average

Byzantium: Azale
Government: monarchy
Army: tiny stone age

Egypt: puglover
Government: Pharaoh Despotisim
Religion: Baal Worship
Army: tiny Stone Age
Navy: N/A
Economy: N/A
Living Standards: N/A
Education: N/A

-NPC Nations-

Babylon
Monarchy
Polythesism

World Map

Monaco
Government: Monarchy
Religion: Monégasque
Army: Tiny Stone Age

UU: Monégasque Raider- Quick moving, fearless warrior class.

Prehistory:
In 6054 BC the kingdom was founded by the house of Grimaldi, a family from the village of Genoa. The sites of Monaco and Monte Carlo villages are on a huge natural harbor, great for fishing. In the following fifty-four years, Monaco spread along the Liguria Coast, adsorbing local kingdoms.

that makes three people. 1 more and the next peopel who sign up will have to wait until after first update, which will be as soon as another person joins.

China
Government:Sio Dynasti
Religion : polytheism/elitism

UU:Asiru Warrior: a very strong warrior in the offensive and defensive, but its heavy armor makes him slower than regular units.

NATION DESCRIPTION AND PRE-GAME STORY
China started beween a huge river and the yellow sea, for many years the flooding of the great river would always bring calamity to the population and stoped it from flurishing, suddnely one man rose and came w/ an idea! to build dams to hold the rivers fury.
after years of cunstruction the river had been stoped and china was for first time allowed to expand, it was the begginng of a new era, an empire to last forever adn the test of time!

orders: increase population (i think thats the only thing i can do)

Rome
Tribal(Cheif and Elders)

UU: Stone Legion: Though not a legion as we know it is a well orginized group of hunters made for war.

Backround:

In 6005 BCE Two Etruscan brothers, Romulus and Remus traveled to the Seven Hills. Here they stumbled on a group of Nomads. There they took control of the group and set up a small village. The Seven Hills provided good ground for the new Villange. Within only 5 years the Vilalge had grown into Rome, an emerging power in the ancient world. Rome was to rise to greatness.

Orders:

Grow Population

As it seems to be a pretty slow night on the forums, i am posting a NPC to make 4 nations, anyone else can join as stated in rules.

Babylon
Monarchy
Polythesism

-global events-

Nations of Rome, China, Babylon, and Monaco are formed and begin their growth.

-Contacts-

Rome and Monaco have contact.

-NPC Messages-

-OOC-

Here we go, hopefully this goes as good or better than RTOR 2.

CHINA (story and stuff)

Then it began, for first time china was to expand, settlers took some food and other things for their long journey, they had decided to expand south, their leader was to stay in the original settlement, but he was to visit 4 times a year to see how thigs would go, the settlers said bye to their familys, it was a sad, yet necesary journey, some might not make it, but most would find new place to live and more importantly expand the power of china.
they began easly in the morning, by the coast of the yellow sea, they were to expand southwards following the coast so they would not get lost, which also provided a basic supply of fish, many wondered if they could one day build things to ride over the sea, but this was merely a dream, as tehy went south they did not encoutered problems, and instead found a large and fertile plateau, full of wild berrys and other foodstuff, they also for the first time encoutered a huge animal, it turned out to be peacefull despite its huge size, woman loved th creature, it was to be called panda bears, they were not to be hounted or killed, simply to be left alone.
w/ an ample supply of food, and bamboo to build shelters like small houses, they decided to settle, china's future had begun!

ORDERS:
EXPAND NATION, MOVE SOUTH, FOLLOWING THE COAST AS EXPLAINED IN STORY.
EXPAND POPULATION.

Okay, I don't know can I join on this turn, but make my country join with these attributes once it is possible:

Nation Name: Fennia
Government: Tribal confederation
Religion: Polytheism
Army: tiyn Stone Age
Capital (and starting location): "Petrolinna" (located in modernday St. Petersburgh)

Stone Age UU: Axe-hakkapelitas; fierce axe-fighters formed from the biggest and strongest Fennian men who scare their enemies away with a fierce yell: "HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!"

The Fennian culture was born approximately 5200-5800 B.C. (too bad we don't know yet ;)) when several hunter-gatherer tribes who spoke Finno-ugrian languages gathered together by the Neva-river (where modernday St. Petersburgh stands) and formed the city of Petrolinna there. The city was named after "Petro", the first chairman of the tribal confederation whose idea it was to settle down and unite tribes to hunt and gather better and without having to move around all the time.

orders:

Increase population

I also would like to join. :)
Slushia
Monarchy
Cap and starting position: Rasp City: (in present day Delhi)

Color: Please may i be a lime green? thx

i havent played one of these games yet, but if you start getting short on players i'll be willing to try it.

how much story writing is realy required? i'm afraid it would take me quite a while to get used to writing stories to go along with every turn. i mean how many times can one write
"and then a bunch more people were born and they went exploring"?

as i see it now, you still need a babylon. and then you have 3 turns worth of people ready to join. (is it me or do people sign up without reading the rules?)

if you need a player at some point, drop me a PM. i'll join, but if i realy dont like the writing i might have to run my country into the ground if i cant get someone to take it over, hope you wouldnt mind that too much.

Top Bottom