Is it possible to split the City-State notifications?

Kirschi

~~~
Is it possible to split the notifications which are now unified with CBP? Some setting I can change, like it was in vanilla Civ. I guess it comes from EUI, never played CP/CBP without it.

For me it is quite annoying to have to cycle through the messages, mostly because it takes some time to zoom to the City-State in question and then it takes ~2 seconds and a mouse move to see the next message. Also I like it more if I can remove some notifications and keep some that are important.

Spoiler :

EDIT: It is possible. See this post.
EDIT2: Or see this post for a better way where you can configure which notifications to bundle.

Attachments

• citystatemessages.png
    citystatemessages.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 869
Is it possible to split the notifications which are now unified with CBP? Some setting I can change, like it was in vanilla Civ. I guess it comes from EUI, never played CP/CBP without it.

For me it is quite annoying to have to cycle through the messages, mostly because it takes some time to zoom to the City-State in question and then it takes ~2 seconds and a mouse move to see the next message. Also I like it more if I can remove some notifications and keep some that are important.

I'm not editing EUI any further, so only way to get rid of it is to not use EUI.

G

This is a EUI thing, asking for help there would probably be more fruitful.

I'm not editing EUI any further, so only way to get rid of it is to not use EUI.

G

Ok so no options available there. I am pretty good at coding, if you could point me to a file where this part of EUI is handled I would be very grateful :)

Ok so no options available there. I am pretty good at coding, if you could point me to a file where this part of EUI is handled I would be very grateful :)

I am not good at coding, but excellent at following instructions :goodjob:

If you are able to split the CS notifications I'd be very interested in it. I don't like them combined for all the same reasons you listed.

I am not good at coding, but excellent at following instructions :goodjob:

If you are able to split the CS notifications I'd be very interested in it. I don't like them combined for all the same reasons you listed.

Found the spot! And so far I haven't found any issues. The "fix" is pretty simple, but note that it splits all messages, not only those from city-states. Just as it is in vanilla civ.

Spoiler :

Manual instructions

Go to the "My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)/LUA/" folder in Users Documents Directory.

There is a file called "NotificationPanel.lua". Go to line 637 which should read
Code:
local bundled = button or g_notificationBundled[ type ]
change it to
Code:
local bundled = false
save file and clear the Mods Cache.

Just the file to replace

Replace the file ".../MODS/(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)/LUA/NotificationPanel.lua" with this file. Note: extract the zip archive first.

---

This is for CP version 1.1.23. The line number may change and the process may be necessary after each CP update.

With more effort it would be possible to change this depending on type (e.g. just for city-state notifications). But for now this has to be enough ;-)

Attachments

• split1.png
    split1.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 2,295
  • split2.png
    split2.png
    247.7 KB · Views: 2,286
  • NotificationPanel.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 84
Complete guess as I've never touched any of this code (although I do code in general)...

There's a list near the top of the file with what appears to be all (or many) notification types. Each line has two or three values. My guess is that the lines with three values (like a "B" in the third column) get bundled with other items with the same value in the second column.

So if you remove the third column value for all of the events you don't want bundled, I think it will not bundled that event with anything. You can search by "CityState" in the second column, with luck that will cover all the ones you care about.

Complete guess as I've never touched any of this code (although I do code in general)...

There's a list near the top of the file with what appears to be all (or many) notification types. Each line has two or three values. My guess is that the lines with three values (like a "B" in the third column) get bundled with other items with the same value in the second column.

So if you remove the third column value for all of the events you don't want bundled, I think it will not bundled that event with anything. You can search by "CityState" in the second column, with luck that will cover all the ones you care about.

I noticed the list of event types as well. I already figured that the second column is some sort of grouping for different event types but I didn't figure that the 'B' could mean Bundled or something... Maybe removing the B would prevent it from getting bundled. Thanks I will test that.

Thanks for this!

Especially useful for the Spy notifications, since clicking those take you straight into diplomacy - often not even knowing what the notification was for.

I noticed the list of event types as well. I already figured that the second column is some sort of grouping for different event types but I didn't figure that the 'B' could mean Bundled or something... Maybe removing the B would prevent it from getting bundled. Thanks I will test that.

I can confirm that you can easily configure which notifications are bundled. I changed the lines 187 to 189 in the NotificationPanel.lua (My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)/LUA/) file to
Code:
	NOTIFICATION_MET_MINOR				CityState
	NOTIFICATION_MINOR				CityState
	NOTIFICATION_MINOR_QUEST			CityState
(removing the 'B' character at the end of the lines and the 'special' from the third line).

I also changed a few other settings, but these will do for city-state specific notifications. Of course you have to undo the change in line 637 if you did that before.

Thanks to Lerrissirrel for pointing this out.

Thanks to Lerrissirrel for pointing this out.

And thanks to you for making me even think to look. There were some that have bugged me, too. And I agree with you on the city state ones. It's been working quite nicely. Kudo's to BC1 for coding it in a conveniently modifiable way!

Neither of the solutions work for me. Removing the third word from the "NOTIFICATION_" lines did not work. Changing "local bundled = button or g_notificationBundled[ type ]" to "local bundled = false" did not work. These lines are also in vanilla CiV, so it would seem like it shouldn't make a difference anyway, though I understand if it breaks the chain.

I am editing Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\NotificationPanel\NotificationPanel.lua of Enhanced User Interface DLC Version 1.28f. I don't know lua.

Sorry for posting what's probably an EUI issue here. This is where Googling takes me though.

Neither of the solutions work for me. Removing the third word from the "NOTIFICATION_" lines did not work. Changing "local bundled = button or g_notificationBundled[ type ]" to "local bundled = false" did not work. These lines are also in vanilla CiV, so it would seem like it shouldn't make a difference anyway, though I understand if it breaks the chain.

I am editing Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\NotificationPanel\NotificationPanel.lua of Enhanced User Interface DLC Version 1.28f. I don't know lua.

Sorry for posting what's probably an EUI issue here. This is where Googling takes me though.

If you are editing EUI stuff while also using EUI-CBP, note that the latter overwrites the former (so you need to change this stuff in the compatibility files, not EUI).

G

If you are editing EUI stuff while also using EUI-CBP, note that the latter overwrites the former (so you need to change this stuff in the compatibility files, not EUI).

I don't think I installed any "community" stuff. Thank you for a theory though.

I've fixed it now. Since applying both solutions didn't work, I tried replacing NotificationPanel.lua with vanilla. It may have made a difference for one instance, but it bundled every time after. Bundling persisted even after renaming UI_bc1 to prevent the game from accessing it. I redownloaded an unmodded DLC folder (2.92 GB) from Steam which finally removed EUI. Now "local bundled = false" works after reinstalling EUI. I don't know how EUI persisted so.

I don't know if "NOTIFICATION_" would work, but I've decided to use "local bundled = false" because I don't want Ancient Ruins notifications bundling either so I don't think I care for bundling at all.

Top Bottom