New Unit: Marshal 1-31-2016

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
Add some Law and Order to your Games with this US Marshal :)

Winner of the January 2016 Unit of the Month Contest :trophy:

Preview gif (Flc speeds are better in game)
...the Shirt is Civ Specific Colored.

Default-Run-Default-Fidget-Default-Fortify-Attack-Victory-Default-Fortify-Death

Large Marshal "Run"

Included Files:
Civilopedia MarshalLarge.pcx, MarshalSmall.pcx, Marshal_units_32.pcx
Alternate and Extra Images.
Adjusted .ini file,
Animations (flcs): MarshalDefault, MarshalRun, MarshalFortify, MarshalAttack,
MarshalFidget, MarshalDeath, MarshalVictory.
Sounds: MarshalRun.wav, MarshalFortify.wav, MarshalAttack.wav, MarshalFidget.wav,
MarshalDeath.wav, MarshalVictory.wav.
Remade the Default Flc to use Offsets so the Unit is seen on the Bottom Right Game Unit Window Box Better.

You can Download the Unit Here

March 30, 2017 - Marshal Victory flc - Changed the Flc Speed to prevent the Unit Sound from playing twice. Place in Unit Folder and Overwrite the Old File:

Attachments

• Corrected Marshal Victory flc.zip
    70.8 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
looks great.
Your units always have something very peculiar. I'm glad to see them still coming out

I've been personally acquainted with this Marshal, practically since he was mesh, and I can offer a character reference: this is a quiet, dedicated unit, devoted to the law. He doesn't show off. He doesn't spit or curse or raise his voice in anger. He is a reliable, steady, vigilant unit, ready to defend you to his death animation. He is, without peer, the fastest draw in the Old West Mod, but the things I could tell you about his palettes would curl your toes.

This unit is another tour-de-force by a master unit maker. Great work, Vuldacon.

... I can offer a character reference: this is a quiet, dedicated unit, devoted to the law. He doesn't show off. He doesn't spit or curse or raise his voice in anger. He is a reliable, steady, vigilant unit, ready to defend you to his death animation. He is, without peer, ...
Sounds like he carries a pocket watch in his vest on a long chain, and the town is full of clocks with long brass pendulums. At least, that was my second thought on seeing the unit. My first was "how do I put this unit into all the scenarios I'm working on ?"

The hat reminds me of Richard Boone in the "Have Gun, Will Travel" TV series. The good guy in the Black Hat.

Thanks guys... Really, this is a simple unit that is made to do just what a "Lawman" does...Keep the Law and "Face Off" as needed in a more serious manner.

I reserve "Gun Play" factors for Gunslingers, Outlaws and Showoffs :lol:

Rather than "tipping his Hat" he is, more so, simply adjusting it after the Victory.

timerover52... Yes, "Have Gun Will Travel" with Richard Boone was a Great Series I liked. Of course Richard Boone was a Rugged Guy but the Hat does rather remind me of his.

Happy some of you can use the Unit :)

Here is an Enlarged Run.
I wanted the Marshal's Walk to be Bold, Deliberate, Confident, and Dedicated with an extreme sense of Purpose... much like the Old "Wyatt Earp" show staring Hugh O'Brien.
...Wyatt Earp always dressed well in the show, mush the same as this Marshal. Of course we can all assume that Marshals in real life during the Old West were not quite so well dressed :)

Last edited:
Here is an Enlarged Run.
I wanted the Marshal's Walk to be Bold, Deliberate, Confident, and Dedicated with an extreme sense of Purpose... much like the Old "Wyatt Earp" show staring Hugh O'Brien.
...Wyatt Earp always dressed well in the show, mush the same as this Marshal. Of course we can all assume that Marshals in real life during the Old West were not quite so well dressed :)

Based on some of the photos that I have seen, I would not be too sure about that.

It is difficult to describe how truly incredible your units are, Vuldacon. They are tremendously useful on a practical level, but also so well textured and animated that it is difficult to wrap my head around. These aren't just units that you want in your mod. You create units that one wants to make a place in the mod to accommodate. There are many talented modders here across a variety of functions, but it is necessary to emphasize how inspiring your work is. I have worked on projects where I thought, "I can take a shortcut here. No one would ever notice." But then I think of your work here and such excuses hold no water. This is one of my favorites and it makes me think of Elmer Bernstein every time. So I thought I'd post about it while deciding to use this or the mounted version.

AnthonyBoscia... Thank You for such an Uplifting Post!
It has always been a challenge to be able to make Units that show textures and details for the Civ Game, going from 16 Million Colors to 160 base colors.

...by the way, Elmer Bernstein's "The Magnificent Seven" was a Great Movie :yup:

Vuldacon you are a master. I've always loved your work.

As for the Magnificent 7 my favorite scene is where Steve McQueen asks Yul Brynner "How many do you have?" to which Yul holds up one finger, followed by Steve's two fingers. That scene chokes me up everytime and I don't know why.

Vuldacon you are a master. I've always loved your work.
:thumbsup: ; :clap: ; :woohoo:

As for the Magnificent 7 my favorite scene is where Steve McQueen asks Yul Brynner "How many do you have?" to which Yul holds up one finger, followed by Steve's two fingers. That scene chokes me up everytime and I don't know why.
Ahhh ... You're just a sentimental Vulcan ;)

:D

Top Bottom