The Community Deity Game #11 - Venice

Wild_Woojsha

Scourge_Of_G0d
Welcome to the Eleventh installment in the Community Deity Game series!
Warning: This map was altered.
CDG 11 - Venice a.k.a. Venice's Fool Part Deux
We aim to post an interesting challenge at the beginning and middle of each month. There is a suggested Victory Condition and a list of Achievements for each map. Please see the CDG Series Discussion Thread to express yourself if you have remarks and ideas. Please note that maps you wish to share must have map packs disabled, so those who do not have them can enjoy the challenge. To do this, you go into the DLC option from the Main Menu and untick the options ‘Scrambled Nations’, ‘Explorers Map Pack’ and ‘Scrambled Continents’. You will need to do this every time you start a new game, or just simply delete the map packs from your computer.

When posting about your victory, please begin the post with the turn number, victory condition, and achievement points in bold letters - e.g. “T247 DiploV, 10 points”. This is so the kind volunteer who updates the finishers spreadsheet can see it more easily.

We welcome all comments and write-ups and invite you to post screenshots of key moments and the moment of victory (if you are successful), but please use the SPOILER tag if you post a picture, make a comment about which civs are in the game, about natural wonders, locations of ancient ruins, terrain features, luxes, resources, etc. In short, if it’s information you can only know by playing the game, don't spoil it for others by divulging this information in the open. Thank you for your co-operation, and have fun!

Spoiler UA and UU's :

Serenissima:
-Cannot gain settlers or annex cities
-Double the normal number of trade routes available
-A Merchant of Venice appears after researching Optics
-May purchase in puppeted cities

Merchant Of Venice (MOV)
Abilities:
Trade Mission Bonus (+100% more Gold and +100% more city-state influence than a normal Trade Mission.)
Extra Embarked Movement speed (6 vs 4)
Actions:
-Construct a Customs House (Great tile improvement)
-Conduct Trade Mission (When in a city-state, can produce a large amount of Gold and Influence)
Buy City-State (Purchases any City-State you are not at war with and in the territory of, and puts it and its units under your control.)

Great Galleass
Abilities:
-Cannot Enter Deep Ocean
-May Not Melee Attack
Special traits:
-Extra strength (18 vs 16 Defense, 20 vs. 17 Ranged)
-Greater Production cost (110 vs. 100)

Spoiler Map type, settings, and opponents :
Standard size, standard speed, standard number of civs, All CS's. Normal barbs. Normal Archipelago map, very heavily altered. Opponents are hand selected.

Spoiler difficulty :
Ridiculously cheesy

Spoiler starting location :
20160401015026_1.jpg

Designated Victory Condition: Domination, with an emphasis on total annihilation of everyone, everywhere.

Spoiler achievements :

1. Buy city states with MOV's - 1 point for every CS purchased, maximum of 5 points. 6 if done in 5 different eras.

2. Puppet the whole map - 5 points (6 if you never raze a city personally)

3. Obtain 9 or more Great Galleas's and keep them alive until the end of the game (They can be upgraded). - 1 point for every 3 surviving Great Galleas, 3 points possible

4. Make MAD Money at some point during the game (500 gpt - 1 pt, 750 gpt 2 pts., 1000 gpt. 3 pts.

5. Build Colossus and Petra in Venice for extra trade routes - 2 pts. each, or capture them while conquering and get 1 point for each.

Bonus Achievement. Annex a city - 1 point
Quick combat and movement are on (which is not the default, turn them off if you like).
Game Version - 1.3.9
Downloadable Content includes: G&K, BNW, Genghis Khan’s Mongolia,Kamehameha’s Polynesian Empire, Wonders of the Ancient World. The map packs are intentionally excluded.

Before you download the map, please take a moment to speculate here in this thread on your initials thoughts plans for the game. Do you like tampered maps? Do you like to fight for city states? Do you like green eggs and ham? I do...

Spoiler links to previous games in CDG series :
CDG01: Persia, Oct 31st, 2015, domination, Pangea, hard, map by Consentient
CDG02: Assyria, Nov 15th, 2015, science, Pangea, medium, map by Consentient
CDG03: Ethiopia, Dec 2nd, 2015, culture, NQ Pangea, hard, map by Consentient
CDG04: Spain, Dec 17th, 2015, domination, NQ Pangea, medium, map by Consentient
CDG05: Indonesia, Jan 2nd, 2016, culture, NQ Continents, hard, map by Consentient
CDG06: Zulus, Jan 15th, 2016, domination, Oval, easy, map by Consentient
CDG07: Shoshone, Feb 2nd, 2016, culture, Oval, very easy, map Created by Enslingkorp
CDG08: Austria, Feb 15th, 2016, science, Pangea, very easy, map by IronfighterXXX
CDG09: Brazil, Feb 28th, 2016, culture, Pangea, medium, map by Blatc
CDG10: Denmark, Mar 15th, 2016, domination, Lakes, hard, map by Beetle

Attachments

• CDG11 - Venice's Fool Part Deux.Civ5Save
    536.9 KB · Views: 280
Oh man, this is super great, I see FoY, GBR, Sinai and KSM all cramped in :lol:

also, I assume the achievements will be copy pasted from the other thread? I'll repeat here if needed, you can't annex cities as Venice. If you start to raze a city, you really can't stop that, so it finally works as intended, with everyone else you can click "raze" and the game will warn you that it can't be undone but it can, you can stop the razing process (which I assume includes bunch of guys running around with buckets of water dousing fires and whatnot :lol: )

I'll certainly play this after work. There are two GBR's here.

How many CS is all CS?

Oh man, this is super great, I see FoY, GBR, Sinai and KSM all cramped in :lol:

also, I assume the achievements will be copy pasted from the other thread? I'll repeat here if needed, you can't annex cities as Venice. If you start to raze a city, you really can't stop that, so it finally works as intended, with everyone else you can click "raze" and the game will warn you that it can't be undone but it can, you can stop the razing process (which I assume includes bunch of guys running around with buckets of water dousing fires and whatnot :lol: )

I put that in as part of the April Fools Joke, and fixed the typos. I was a little tired last night, its all taken care of now though. I am no Acken, so I wasn't able to balance it like he did, but I still think this will be an interesting map for more than just myself. If someone finds a way to hack the map and annex a city, they get a point!

I'll certainly play this after work. There are two GBR's here.

How many CS is all CS?

Spoiler :
I really had fun with IGE on this one. Those GBR's are just the beginning. All CS is 41 CS, I am not sure if there are more than that in the game, but that is as far over as I could drag the bar when setting up the game. I made the start insane for a reason, to get achievement 2 you need to puppet all 41 of them (Or whatever is left).

Thanks!

Typo in achievements and in list of previous games (Brazil listed twice).

I fixed them, thanks for making such a nice template for me to copy and paste from the last game.

Also, I went crazy when turning off DLC, and only kept the bare minimum on the map. I still don't trust IGE, but everything worked great for the 50 turns I played.

One with Nature...

Gonna be lots of faith made in this one. Early too.

The plan was/is to wonder whore a while and then build up the economy. Then go nuts with navy...

t88
Spoiler :
Very silly map, it definitely keeps the Venice Foolish theme alive! BO: Scout, Monument, Granary, Trireme x2, ToA (42), HG (54), Petra (66), Library, MoH (73), NC (79). I should have squeezed Oracle in, but Dido got it t74. Tech: Pottery, Sailing, Archery, AH, Wheel, Mathematics, Optics, hut for Trapping, Currency, Calendar, Mining, Masonry... Pretty silly not going for any early lux techs!

Puppet Zurich t45, it seemed to be the only CS with some land that I could see. Turns out Antannarivo would have been alright but I couldn't see the terrain. Oda got a nearly dead Settler to my island and planted 5 tiles from Venice, sheesh.

I haven't played Venice since last year, so am not sure exactly what to do. I can't decide on TR or Fishing Boats. It looks like everybody is going Liberty, so I highly doubt I will puppet the whole map. I am going to pop a GE before a GM, not good. I have to choose my first non-Tradition policy - can't decide between Commerce and Patronage. Probably Patronage to get Consulates and eventually science. I'm avoiding guilds until I get all those delicious sea tiles worked!

I reloaded after losing OWN by 1 turn. No way I was going to be "gimped" by that! OWN, Tithe, Holy Warriors, Religious Art, and Reliquary. I guess with CS so packed together Itin Preachers would have been alright. I'm hesitant to buy too many units yet as I am only 5 from my unit cap and plan to buy a lot of the UU soon, likely take out Dido first.
Spoiler :

played 100 turns:

Spoiler :

Map is as wacky as advertised. Great work. I managed Petra but Colossus went super early. I think I'm gonna crank out the ships right now and start hammering away at neighbors. Bought one city state, don't know if I'll be able to get that many GMoVs :)

The plan was/is to wonder whore a while and then build up the economy. Then go nuts with navy...

t88
Spoiler :
Very silly map, it definitely keeps the Venice Foolish theme alive! BO: Scout, Monument, Granary, Trireme x2, ToA (42), HG (54), Petra (66), Library, MoH (73), NC (79). I should have squeezed Oracle in, but Dido got it t74. Tech: Pottery, Sailing, Archery, AH, Wheel, Mathematics, Optics, hut for Trapping, Currency, Calendar, Mining, Masonry... Pretty silly not going for any early lux techs!

Puppet Zurich t45, it seemed to be the only CS with some land that I could see. Turns out Antannarivo would have been alright but I couldn't see the terrain. Oda got a nearly dead Settler to my island and planted 5 tiles from Venice, sheesh.

I haven't played Venice since last year, so am not sure exactly what to do. I can't decide on TR or Fishing Boats. It looks like everybody is going Liberty, so I highly doubt I will puppet the whole map. I am going to pop a GE before a GM, not good. I have to choose my first non-Tradition policy - can't decide between Commerce and Patronage. Probably Patronage to get Consulates and eventually science. I'm avoiding guilds until I get all those delicious sea tiles worked!

I reloaded after losing OWN by 1 turn. No way I was going to be "gimped" by that! OWN, Tithe, Holy Warriors, Religious Art, and Reliquary. I guess with CS so packed together Itin Preachers would have been alright. I'm hesitant to buy too many units yet as I am only 5 from my unit cap and plan to buy a lot of the UU soon, likely take out Dido first.
Spoiler :

Question for Nigel and/or anyone else:

Spoiler :

Why Tradition? Do puppeted cities get the free cultural building and Aqueduct? I thought I remembered that they didn't.

Got Petra and Colossus after Great Lighthouse/NC beeline.
Bought or built 9 great galleases, now they are frigates.
I've already bought 4 city states in 4 eras, now just need to get to Modern and puppet the last one for the achieve.
Puppeting every city...that's going to take a while.

@Shark Diver - My first puppet did get a free Aqueduct, but no free culture building. I really wanted the Tradition goodies - as many benefits to my cap ASAP, plus the ability to buy a dozen GEs later. :lol: I lose out on the free Liberty MoV, but I assume I will have so many puppeted cities in this game it won't matter.

205 turns in. Playing a little lazy because of all the nice tiles. I'm at war with the western power. Its a slog. I dind do many of the achievements. I'm trying to set the stage to take every city.

Edit T236, just made peace with
Spoiler :
Dido
in exchange for 5 cities, leaving them with just 1 city. Number 1 in score. Victory at Sea Theme is playing...

T290s Closing in on the biggest threat. They offer a bunch of cities to save the cap.
Spoiler :
No can do Alex. Here it is 1 turn later.

Wait, when you say puppet the whole map, does that include City States? Does it include your City State Allies? Because thats what I am trying to do. Probably would have been done by now if not.

Wait, when you say puppet the whole map, does that include City States? Does it include your City State Allies? Because thats what I am trying to do. Probably would have been done by now if not.

That is exactly what I meant, puppet the whole map means the whole map, including all your buds. I guess I should have added a lesser point value for only leaving city state allies, but I didn't think about that until now.
Spoiler :
I added a couple of opponents in for the sole reason that they would take city states out of the game. If you've met
Spoiler :
Austria and seen what I did to their land...
then you will know what I mean. I am excited to see what they do to the amount of available city states in my game.

Recently started this one, about to start the crusade (t115). Hoping this trick works:

Spoiler :
Encourage Austria to buy a CS, encourage Huns to raze it:mwaha:

Top Bottom