Clipper Ship

UPDATE: Jul 31
Download the Updated Version.
See below for details.

This unit is currently not completed.
This is a beta version.

From the Readme:

This has been a work in progress that has been put on the back burner due to the slow months of winter turning into the hectic months of summer. Nonetheless, I have started trudging ahead with this slowish project due to a personal request from someone I owe a favor(s) to.

This unit would not have been possible in its present state without the artful hand of Arne who modified my concept art pixel by pixel to bring what you see today. Special thanks also goes out to Smoking Mirror who created the HMS Warrior ironclad frigate. His unit was used as the base for the Clipper Ship.

The Run, Default, and Attack animations are finished (need some touch up, though). I have yet to do the death animation. However, you will still be able to use this unit, the unit will just disappear when it dies. I wanted to at least get something out there for people to take a look at and use.

I have not tested this unit in game extensively (only twice). But it did seem to work fine. Please let me know any problems or suggestions you may have. Simply PM me at Civfanatics or e-mail me at colonelkraken@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

CK

Version History:

0.65 Original. Attack Anim not complete.
0.75 Default touch up. Attack Anim complete. Minor change to ini.
0.80 Fixed Animation Timing Setting for flics. They now work. Fixed ini sound reference.

Here's the file:

Clipper Shipv080.zip

And a preview:

Visit the original thread in its entirety here.

Thanks, guys. The work will come slowly, but it'll eventually be finished. This unit is sorely needed, and, I believe, it looks beautiful! :D A little bit of tootin' my own horn. :lol:

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
Are you planning on continuing doing units, or are you just trying to fulfill your promise to this one?

We'll see. It depends if something strikes my fancy. I'm sure I won't be doing something for a while.

This unit is very befitting of my signature. . . . . I love it already :love:

Originally posted by Colonel Kraken
Ha ha. Aaglo. I knew you couldn't resist commenting. ;) Thank you.

Of course I couldn't resist. Your contribution is certainly worth all the compliments :worship: :beer:

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
W.i.n.t.e.r. - I assume you mean a replacement for transports...

Uhmmmm- no, I really meant steam transport- I am working on my (seemingly neverending) mod with over 400 additional, custom units. So far there is a Steam transport, an early (WWI) Freighter, then comes civ's transport (that WWII landing boat thing).

But so far there hasn't been any unit creator's addition to the period between sail ships and machine-driven (transport) vessels. This new one fits very well with Kinboat's HMS Warrior Class... :) I :love: it

oh, I almost forgot- I don't know who I am quoting right now but I believe that a good mod is one that does not replace, revamp or reduce, but one that adds new features... although adding 400 units is not really what I had in mind when I started :( and wyrmshadow adds more units every few days... and I want to add most of them... but I cannot keep up *sigh*..... *BANG*.......(suicidalsilence).................................................. I missed *phew* :goodjob:

Top Bottom