Pentagensis Beta v1_0 for Civ 3 PTW 1.27F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neomega

Deity

The conquest version can be downloaded at this thread.

The PTW version has now been shelved.

Instructions:
A) Download Beta version, (Big file) and unzip to your CIV3PTW/Scenarios folder.
B) Download v1_1b and unzip it to your CIV3PTW/Scenarios folder, answer yes to everything.
C) Download v1_2b and unzip it to your CIV3PTW/Scenarios folder, answer yes to everything.
d) Download v1_21b and unzip it to your CIV3PTW/Scenarios folder, answer yes to the two files.

Have fun. :scan:

Preview thread

Here is a lengthy readme and list of files included in the two patches

Here is the title screen reduced 20%

There is a troubleshooting guide 3 posts down :)

This one (as opposed to the alpha) comes with all the units I have built, plus most of the other on-line sci-fi units, currently only about 30% of them are used in the mod, but that will change with future patches.

Also there is a ton of new artwork, including buildings, civilopedia icons, wonder splashes, and resources.

The first age Colonization is fairly well sanded, allthough it could use more polish. The second age Expansion is rough around the edges, the third and fourth are just big chunks of rock, with no ryhme or reason. More info can be found in the readme.

Here are 2 of 15 new wonderplashes, 11 of which are my original artwork:

Of the other icons: Some were used from Hasbro's Civilization II: Test of Time.

Here are 4 of !5 new tech icons, 12 of which are my personal original artwork

Of the other icons: Some were used from Hasbro's Civilization II: Test of Time, and four others from Sharon Webb

TROUBLESHOOTING

I get the following error message:

ERROR READING FILE

Missing Entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt":
ICON_BLDG_Ultrilogical

1) be sure you have Play the World installed
2) be sure you have the 1.27f patch installed for Play the World
3) be sure you unzipped the file into the "scenarios" folder in Play the World, (not in civ III)

Here are four game concept icons, there is a large amount of civilopedia icons.

This IS in the new patch, a look at the empty "space ship victory" screen, sized down 50%

This is a 1/16 view of the "space race screen with 5 of 10 components built. I may change the whole story for victory, some possible other "Space Race" victories would be: 1) a transfer of all beings into one great conciousness, 2) the transfer of people from matter to standing harmonic waveforms, 3) the building of a city where all races intermix to from a new race.

here is 1/16 view of the "space race" complete. So far 77 files have been created or modified for the next patch.

A look at one of four small wonders required by the cyborgs to build the "U.N.", this one is called "Human Union". The cyborg's "U.N." is called "Sona Commonwealth", and first the cyborgs must fill the seats, with humans, than automons, then clones, and finally mutants, before the Wonder Sona Commonwealth can be built. This will be released in the Beta v1.2 patch

Looks like Blue-O's units will finally have a nice home! :love:

So are you gonna use the new Civ. specific tech tree ability of 1.27f in this Neo?

The wonder Sona Commonwealth completed. Now win the vote and the planet is ruled by a cyborg commonwealth.
To it's right is the completed human wonder, Sona Republic.

A look at the large civilopedia icons for the other four completed "UN's", they are from left to right, automon, human, clone, mutant

Fair enuff.

I'm sure some of the Conquests stuff will entice you to rework some things (sacrifices are a great 'evil race' trademark).

Downloading this now so I'll give ya some informed feedback soon.

d/l and looked at it in PSP and FLICster and I am amazed at the quality of work...particularly the city graphics and the icons. Superb work. Love the aircraft too. This is a much undervalued mod. Takes me right back to SMAC. Now I just need to wait for Firaxis/Atari to finish wiping their collective arses with the UK 1.27f patch so that I can play the mod! :goodjob:

(slobber slobber)
Im interested in the mechs and tanks.

I downloaded this earlier in the day and ahve basically spent the better part of 4 or 5 hours playing it so far, a few different games. Comments on it. First, outstanding work! The artwork is superb and the first two tech trees are extreemly well developed. I have yet to get thru the 2nd era they are so developed! It's excelent! Also, I love the way the game plays. You did an excelent job balancing everything. However, there is a slight problem. After I built a dropship, it says "Can't find file ...f15.wav" and the game will now exit. (In fact that's the only reason I'm not still playing :p ). You might want to check that out. Also, it might just be me, but I think that the rail gunner should have another upgrade before the last era. That's a bit long I think, considering you get it early in the 2nd era. Finally, a suggestion. In the 1.27 patch, they added a line in the INI that allows you to toggel wether the AI can partol with that unit or not. The default is set to 0 which means they can. If you change that to 1, the AI cannot patrol with the unit. I suggest that you do this for some of your units, especially the mechas because the AI tended to partol w/them alot. Finally, something that confused me. I had a few destroyers exploring the oceans and I was attacked by a bunch of invisible things, and also got a tech from running into an invisible goody hut I can only imagine in the water. My questions are A) Are these meant to be invisible or are they just missing units in the Beta and B) Can you clear up that goodyhut thing, it confuses me to no extent. If you meant to do it, great job! Nice touch. But if you didn't, do you know what's going on?

Anyway, great mod! Having loads of fun!

O, by the way, I love how easy it is to explore the map, but if you want everyone to see the map from the start, there should be a new flag in the 1.27 editor to do that. I assumed that you made it easy to explore so you could see the whole map early on in the game. If not, nevermind, but if so you should think about the new feature in 1.27.

Now I'm really done. Great Job!

Originally posted by computerdude113
After I built a dropship, it says "Can't find file ...f15.wav" and the game will now exit. (In fact that's the only reason I'm not still playing :p ).
EDIT: this was fixed in patch beta v1_2
You might want to check that out. Also, it might just be me, but I think that the rail gunner should have another upgrade before the last era. That's a bit long I think, considering you get it early in the 2nd era.
Perhaps an armored rail infantry is in order. I kind of want to make more armored infantry anyways. The rail gunner upgrades to plasma infantry in the 3rd era, which upgrades to BOLT (Boson Orbiting Linear Tachyon, for those who are counting... :p ) infantry in the fourth era. Infantry is meant to come early to give a good defensive posture to the builder/scientific player.
I had a few destroyers exploring the oceans and I was attacked by a bunch of invisible things,
Barbarian ships are submarines. Clone racial units are frigates, which can see subs, and have a cpacity of one, and ADM of a destroyer. Otherwise you have to wait until you have uranium to build subs to hunt down barbarian ships.
Now I'm really done. Great Job!
Great I'm glad to hear it. :)

A half size look at the foriegn advisor screen, I hope to use this style for every advisor, except the science advisor, (allthough I may try).

I have played the mod for several hours now. I am enjoying it very much. Great work.

A comment however: On the city stat screen; the chip board back ground makes things hard to read. Especially those on the build menu that are grayed out. Also, you have to be very precise when you position the cursor over the X button or it doesn't work. I am pretty sure I can change the background for myself; but perhaps you should consider changing to a nice neutral color.

Alot of work went into that chipboard background, so it's hard for me to want to change it.... but.... You are not the first to comment on this, so.... I'll try to make a more solid background. Because I myself have noticed hitting the X takes a while to get used to.

EDIT 09/22/03: I have decided the chipboard background will stay for now, the buttons were corrected however....

These are the "soul towers" re-done. They have become more and more an important part of the game, now being required for both "diplomatic" and "space-race" victories, as well as the new mercenary system, which will be in place in Beta v1_2, which will be released either 9/23/03 or 9/24/03.

Played it for a while, its great! But what are your sugestions for the map settings. And it is missing the flic for the order, i believe, so i copied on of the other flics as a temp. And I think that the sounds for the amored car and DMSSx1 are a little two loud.

I have no suggestions for map settings, but would recommend you bump down the Ai a notch for your first few games.

It doesn't appear to be missing the flic.... hmm I'll have to dig deeper.

--------------------------ADDED March 2, 2004----------------------
Anigif intended for "dark blue" Civfanatics scheme.

A look at how the automon infantry upgrades will manifest in game. This "Warsuit" starts 3rd era with a railgun, upgrades with the "plasma rifle" technology to a plasma gun. In the fourth age, the Warsuit upgrades to the "Omniweapon", that starts the 4th era with a plasma gun, but can then upgrade with the BOLT rifle tecnology, to a BOLT gun. The cyborg line is already complete, but I have decided to streamline the upgrade process graphically, and hope to finish all four lines within the next month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom