New Unit: SAS Operative

Kal-el

Deity
Ok, this is a simple conversion of Balou's Excellent Spetsnaz unit. I am using it for the British SAS, but you can obviously use it for whatever you would like. :)

Click here to download the British SAS Operative.

and here are the requisite previews.

Dropping behind enemy lines.

Safely on the ground.

Running for cover.

Waiting for the rest of the team.

Looks like trouble.

Covering Fire!

Victory!

or Death!

Enjoy! :) Thanks to Balou for the great unit to base this one off of.

Looks great! :goodjob:

Maybe you can do another Version of Balous Modern Soldier. I need Navy Seals.

I've always loved Balou's great foot units, and I bet many are in dire need of good colour variants like this one for their mods.
:goodjob:

That's a great pallete conversion, Kal-El. Just goes to show that a good color change can make a whole new unit, like with Dog's awesome desert paratrooper.

@ Kal-el

Check out your SAS.ini, there are some problems with different names. I think it is the attack.wav and the run.amb, but im not sure, they must only be renamed.

Thanks for cathing that, John. A new version has been uploaded and linked in the first post.

@Aaglo, do you think it is too dark? I tried to keep it light enough that you could make out his movements, going with more of a gray than pure black like the traditional SAS image.

Woops, I put this dude in and forgot to set it needing 'Special Ops' tech so the British had them right from the start of the game. That was nasty affair. I kept going despite the mistake. Even at 450 shields each the AI was still pumping them out and captured my engineers and attacked my cities. I had to declare war on the UK to try and put a stop to the nonsense but my riflemen and light armored vehicles backed by naval gunfire had a tough time against the SAS. And the UK allies declared war on me too.

The moral of the story is DO NOT forget to set the tech requirement for these badass fighters or they will teach you a lesson in worker capturing.

Thats a cool dude:goodjob: Are you going to do more color conversions?

Not to resurrect a old thread, but do you have any tips on color conversions or palette changes? I was looking to make the PTW German Infantry into a Fascist unit. Is there a way to lad a pallete and have it replace colors or do you just have to go through each time and change each color?

Excuse me I

Just a little problem with paradrop units.

I don’t know if only happens in my game but, sometimes I have a graphic problem with Fidget or Fortify on your SAS unit. Instead of the forty or default graphic it appears the first graphic of the paradrop animation. It looks like the unit flying over ou lying the above tile.

It happened also with balou parachutiste (I don’t test the Spetnaz).

May I remove the INI files or something?

Ekmek, sorry I forgot the exact process, but I use PSP for the pallette conversions and Photoshop for everything else. It has something to do with selecting all the color other than the red civ specific coloring and then adjusting the contrast/darkness levels.

Top Bottom