ships won't bombard

wotan321

Emperor
I am playing the WW2Pacific scenario as the Japanese, I'm a few turns in and have pulled a couple of groups of BBs, Destroyers and Heavy Cruisers up to some enemy cities. I start to bombard, but I get no script saying "Citizens killed" or "Enemy Units Injured" or "No effect". I see the "explosion" animation and hear the sound, but no sign that anyting happened. The units in the city don't attrit and its just a waste. I use about a dozen ships against 2 or 3 cities, bombarding and NONE of them does anything. Aircraft bombardment shows an effect, but not ship bombardment.

Unless you see an actual explosion overtop of the unit, then that means that nothing happened. If it is just a little thing of dirt flying up from the ground, and is not on top the unit, then that means that you missed.

I am used to seeing some text pop-up telling me what happened. Normally, if I miss, it tells me something like "Bombard had no effect" or something. A little dirt flies up, but no text appears. And it did it 4 or 5 shots in a row. The city is intact, with units in it and 11 or so population. After seeing my battleships do no damage, I quit since an early clobber is important for that scenario. I will restart from the last auto-save and see what happens.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

Top Bottom