Ed O' War's Twighlight America- C3C

EQandcivfanatic

Zailing Captain
Retired Moderator
Apparantly Ed O' War a maker of some very nice scenarios has started playing other games and not civ scenario making any more. HEre is his intro duction, then my humble renidition of his Twighlight America Scenario.

Background:

In the late 20th Century, the United States launched several anti-ICBM laser satellites, making SDI a reality. When revealed to the world, the Soviets and Chinese were outraged that their nuclear arsenals had been rendered obsolete overnight. Over the course of a decade they labored to spread Communism around the globe through subterfuge, insurrection and terrorism. Complacent in it's military superiority, the U.S. is caught unprepared and without allies in an attack from the West (the League of Asian Nations), South (the Americas Security Pact) and East (the European Worker's Union).

The United States starts off relatively weak militarily, but has a massive industrial capability so it can build up it's forces quickly. The invaders start off much stronger militarily, having had a decade to build up their forces and get them plenty of combat experience. However, they are much weaker industrially, so can't build new units as quickly.

1) Conquest is the only victory condition.
2) No barbarians.
3) Preserve random seed deactivated
4) Respawn AI deactivated
5) The United States: Starts in the future era, with a modified version of Democracy.
6) Invaders: Start in the Modern era, with a modified version of Communism.

Credits:

This scenario is inspired by the Fortress America boardgame by Milton Bradley (so if it seems familiar, that's probably why).

I used a modified version of RangerOne134's North America map.

Unit Graphics:
Hind helicopter by Haverlock
Apache by BoneDoc
Satellite by MazterJo
Modern Infantry by Balou

Modifications for C3C:

1. USA can now use tactical nukes if you dont object to blowing up large portions of the country side, use as a last resort. The USA has one nuke at the start.

2. Flak, Mobile SAMs, and TOW Infantry have all been added with C3C graphics. Extra units have been placed accordingly.

3. Using Locked War and Alliance features the player no longer has to declare war on the Communist allies.

4. The starting at 4000 BC which the old editor still caused has been altered to Months starting in 2013.

Here is the shortcut for the new scenario.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Twilight_America.zip

A revised Readme will soon be provided.

Here is the readme. If you have any comments, war stories or suggestions i would gladly hear them to make an even better scenario.

Attachments

• twilight america readme[1].txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 183
Just a quick, somewhat dumb question: if this scen uses units and locked alliances from Conquests, why is it in .bic format instead of .biq?

cause i was too lazy to change it

I;ve tried but it hasnt worked. An error keeps coming up on mine, i don't quite get it.

Cool! I'm honored you liked my scenario enough to make a Conquests version.

As for it being in .bic format instead of .biq, did you import the scenario into the Conquests editor, or simply open the .bic file in the Conquests editor and make your changes. If the later, that may be why it's in .bic format and you can't change it. Just a theory though, I haven't done anything for Civ3 in several months, so I'm kinda rusty these days. :)

Regards,

Ed O'War

Top Bottom